Which Bargnani Do You Prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Bargnani Do You Prefer?

Apparently we cannot see "efficient/high-scoring Andrea" and "rebounding/boxing-out Andrea" in the same game. Don't ask me why...I have no idea.

Given this, which one do you prefer to see night in and night out?

Here was a couple of stats from Charlotte: Bargs' statline was not pretty offensively (just 6-14), but he had 9 rebounds.

I know how I cast my vote.

Anyone think he can be both?
    Efficient-Scoring, Offensive-Minded Bargnani
    13.33%
    Solid Box-out and Rebounding, Defensive-Minded Bargnani
    86.67%
    Last edited by verbatim; Mon Mar 29, 2010, 10:49 PM.

A team can't win with a center who doesn't rebound the ball, as we've seen this year and past years. If Bargs can come into a game with a defensive mindset, his offense will come as the game flows. When he comes in without even trying to grab a board or box out, we are doomed. We have enough offensive firepower without relying on him to be a big time scorer.

Comment

Well, at least this guy thinks so.

Comment

verbatim wrote: View Post
        Apparently we cannot see "efficient/high-scoring Andrea" and "rebounding/boxing-out Andrea" in the same game. Don't ask me why...I have no idea.

Given this, which one do you prefer to see night in and night out?

Here was a couple of stats from Charlotte: Bargs' statline was not pretty offensively (just 6-14), but he had 9 rebounds.

I know how I cast my vote.

Anyone think he can be both?
        The team won't go anywhere unless he puts it all together. I don't like either answer. If he can't put it together then what's the point in having him here? I think they should give him a couple more years and if he's not getting it done then, ship him out. He deserves a chance to prove whether or not he can be effective at the 4 when Bosh leaves.

Comment

I like the Bargs who brings intensity. When he plays with emotion he is my favourite Raptor and when that happens, he usually brings the effort both offensively and defensively in the fourth. Effort is all you can ask for.

He started this game 2-10 and ended up 6-14 meaning he finished 4-4. Shots sometimes don't fall but when he plays with intensity he makes up for it.
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Once you reach Max Level, you stop leveling

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Comment

We don't need his scoring as much as we need his rebounding. There is no debate here. Maybe next year if Bosh leaves that will change.
            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              He deserves a chance to prove whether or not he can be effective at the 4 when Bosh leaves.
              I agree that we won't see the real Bargs until next year after Bosh inevitably leaves, but I think that he should still play centre. That where his D's been best, it's what gives him the best mismatches to pull big men outside, and it will also force him to go inside more often where he's been effective but rarely seen; his best offensive nights have started inside and worked out. As far as rebounding goes, he'll need to contribute regardless, and if he doesn't average over 7 then he doesn't need to play PF, he needs to play in another city.

Comment

I prefer defensive Bargnani- 9 rebounds (3 offensive), a good block... wow.

HOWEVER

He did come up with 16 points to go with it.

16-9 isn't so bad, and it has me thinking-

Maybe he's actually capable of 20-10 numbers.

Scott.
                Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

He'll never be a 20, 10 guy if they keep him parked at the 3 pt line on offense. Sorry guys, but how many guys in the league grab nine defensive boards a game? That's probably what you're going to have toos ee for Bargnani to reach ten a game because he's not getting the opportunities a Chris Bosh gets, he's too far away on offense.

Comment

Do you think Bargnani's "sore achilles" might be an issue with consistent rebounding?

Comment

i went with defensive because usually when he plays good defensively he hits some big shots for us.

when he has a big offensive game those shots he makes usually aren't daggers.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                      X