X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Yeah his name is "SONNY WEEMS!"

8 for 8 baby!!

oh Sonny if you could only keep this up every game.
    They were dissing Sonny on PTI today. Wondering why he was replacing Turk in the starting lineup, and forgetting his name. He probably saw it, and decided to do something about it.

Somebody should let PTI know what he did tonight.
    I Am Shutup

Comment

DarkKnight wrote: View Post
      I thought it was worth posting that the Clippers announcers during the game just said regarding the Raptors (not exact words):

"You know, everytime I see these guys (Raptors), they're like one SUPER shooter away from being REALLY good. They have all the makings of a good team. They did have a stretch where they won 20 of 27 games.."

Also worth noting that one of the announcers said he talked to Turkoglu before the game, and the announcer see it that Turk's sub-par year is totally the Raptors' fault because they're not letting Turk play like what he is best - a point forward - hence, the ball in his hands.
      No crap. That is the problem. Ive been saying it for 3 months.

Comment

Raffy15 wrote: View Post
        No crap. That is the problem. Ive been saying it for 3 months.
        I agree. To completely blame Hedo for his struggles this year would be stupid. What is even worse is that some want to lay all the blame at his feet for The Raptors struggles this season. How often has Hedo been put in a situation that best utilizes his unique skill set. The answer is not enough. Coming off the bench might help that, but even if it helps, Colangelo has to address the issue in the off season. With this team there is plenty of blame to go around.
        I Am Shutup

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
          Defense is the first priority but the Raptors can still improve offensively also.

Another shooter would allow the Raptors to maximize their current blend of talent offensively and a legitimate second scoring option would turn them into an elite offensive team.
          The Raptors could certainly improve offensively, as they really don't have a scorer outside of Bosh (Bargnani is a shooter, as opposed to a scorer). You saw what happened when Bosh went out.

But what would turn them into an elite team is not a second scorer, but better defense and rebounding. In other words, either a new center or new SF.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

MattyG-Ray wrote: View Post
            They were dissing Sonny on PTI today. Wondering why he was replacing Turk in the starting lineup, and forgetting his name. He probably saw it, and decided to do something about it.

Somebody should let PTI know what he did tonight.
            Nah they won''t talk about it anyway because its not interesting enough for the average American attention span.

Comment

If I was to think of a category of player that the Raptors needed to be "really good", I don't think it would be "Super Shooter".

Maybe "Traditional, Post-up, Defensive Centre". Someone big, shot-blocking, and with a good post game, allowing our finesse bigs (aka ALL OF OUR BIGS 'cept REGGIE) to stay out of the paint where they're more comfortable.

Like a better Rasho. A tough guy like Perkins or Shaq. That would give us some lane intimidation, easy buckets on offense... it would make us "really good". The last thing we need is another shooter to jack 'em up.

Scott.
              Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

Any announcer that says"OHH ME OHH MY" every now and then should instantly lose their credibility.

Comment

TIm W. wrote: View Post
                  playsomegoddamnD wrote: View Post
                  Another shooter on the wing, instead of DeRozan or Weems, would make a large positive difference to the Raptors offense ... but a legitimate second scorer is what the Raps offense needs the most. That would give Toronto an elite offense.
                  I assume you're pointing out that offense isn't what the raps need...
                  Defense is the first priority but the Raptors can still improve offensively also.

Another shooter would allow the Raptors to maximize their current blend of talent offensively and a legitimate second scoring option would turn them into an elite offensive team.
                  The Raptors could certainly improve offensively, as they really don't have a scorer outside of Bosh (Bargnani is a shooter, as opposed to a scorer). You saw what happened when Bosh went out.

But what would turn them into an elite team is not a second scorer, but better defense and rebounding. In other words, either a new center or new SF.
                  I agree and just to reiterate in case it was misunderstood:

A legitimate second scorer would turn Toronto into an elite offensive team.
                  nbaroundtable

Comment

scorer, shooter whats the difference.

Everyone thought Bargs could be that guy and maybe he can, but I also think the last issue the team should address is scoring. Yet if bargs is your third option than who cares about playing defense, first team to 130 wins.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                      scorer, shooter whats the difference.

Everyone thought Bargs could be that guy and maybe he can, but I also think the last issue the team should address is scoring. Yet if bargs is your third option than who cares about playing defense, first team to 130 wins.
                      I wouldn't say everyone thought Bargnani would be that guy. Certainly not me.

As for having Bargnani as the third option, maybe you could tell that to teams like the Sonics of the late 80's, or the 04-05 WIzards, or the Memphis Grizzlies this year, or any of the other dozens of teams that had three big scorers, but did really nothing.

I do agree that scoring is the last thing they should be worried about at this point.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                      X