This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thread is embarrassing.

We should just delete the last 5 pages once this vote is done. Otherwise it's nothing but a big old shit stain on what should be a nice celebration for Skywalker and Sauce Castillo for a great finale.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
      OK, what's so important here that I needed to get pulled from the champagne room at the Brass Rail to tend to a reported post?
      Haha, nothing is important enough to leave that place.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
        I do apologize if I missed something but I feel like you don't have much of a reason behind this. You're reasoning seems to be "we should all vote just because that's the way it should be."
        If we haven't experienced any issues with the current system why tinker with it? Like I said I feel it's kind of tedious.
        And I apologize since my attempts at explaining my perspective have obviously failed.

Why tinker is exactly my point. What I've suggested is exactly how we have done things. Many might not have realized because I was a commissioner who always made suggestion to put it to vote over last 2 seasons. No high horse here either, tucas, for real, in all sincerity. Feel free to correct me on it.

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
          OK, what's so important here that I needed to get pulled from the champagne room at the Brass Rail to tend to a reported post?
          Nothing now.

Posts were stopped being deleted and the issue of contention has been put up for a vote (but that part was none of your concern!).

Go back to the titties.

Comment

• Bump.

Joey wrote: View Post
            Please provide "YAY" or "NAY" as your vote to the following:

Commissioner, and Co-Commissioners, will have final word on any issue brought to the forum, and based on evidence provided, will determine whether something is deemed crucial enough to the importance and well being of our league, to be voted on as collective of Managers

Vote is Open for Until April 30th, or earlier, if full participation is achieved.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Vote is Open for Until April 30th, or earlier, if full participation is achieved.

Yay. I enjoy the team building.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                And I apologize since my attempts at explaining my perspective have obviously failed.

Why tinker is exactly my point. What I've suggested is exactly how we have done things. Many might not have realized because I was a commissioner who always made suggestion to put it to vote over last 2 seasons. No high horse here either, tucas, for real, in all sincerity. Feel free to correct me on it.
                Has it though? How many votes have we had other than when you went and laid out about 8 or 9 things you demanded a vote for? What about for the 2.5 years before that, when most of the league was being establish
                This has been a league primarily run by the commisioners.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  This thread is embarrassing.

We should just delete the last 5 pages once this vote is done. Otherwise it's nothing but a big old shit stain on what should be a nice celebration for Skywalker and Sauce Castillo for a great finale.
                  I agree with you.

I went back and deleted most of my posts from page 95 onwards.

This was not done due to embarrassment rather I became very defensive and things spiralled from me at what I interpreted as dismissive indifference on the shrug comment you made from that point forward.

I over reacted and apologize for getting the original point clouded.

Again thank you to Joey for muddling through the bullshit and getting the concern I have put to the league for a vote.

I apologize to those who don't see my concern. Just vote YAY.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                    Has it though? How many votes have we had other than when you went and laid out about 8 or 9 things you demanded a vote for? What about for the 2.5 years before that, when most of the league was being establish
                    This has been a league primarily run by the commisioners.
                    There was the waiver wire last summer.

Before that most things such as extensions with '0' years were hashed out and consensus reached in forum thread that didn't need a vote.

The commissioners certainly run the league. But running it and making decisions on changes to the CBA aren't the same thing, in my opinion. Also Apollo did a really good job on the original CBA. The first year there wasn't much to debate because the guy who hatched the whole thing was the commissioner. Tough to argue with the guy who initiated the concept.
                    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri Apr 10, 2015, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• Yay.

To me it is as simple as this. Consider the scenario: the commissioners see a discussions desiring a change be made (say, to go to a money league, to use a recently voted example). They decide not to put it to a vote. If people actually care, and want the league to go to a money league, discussion will not stop. If it is one or two people, that's not a concern, and they would rightfully be told to stop arguing the point as it had been decided. If the majority or even a large minority of posters were pushing for a change, do you really think it wouldn't go to a vote?

All leaving the decision in the hands of the commissioners does is remove the unnecessary clutter of dealing with proposals put forward that have received very little support. If I propose that I should get the first pick every year no matter the standings, and $400 in the free agent draft because I'm just great like that, there's no reason the collective should have to vote me down - the commissioners are there to detect frivolous and unnecessary rule changes and prevent them from being seriously discussed. And if anything reasonable, supported by recent league trends, and much discussed in the comments comes up, that's a topic worthy of distracting from the day to day running of your team (which, don't forget, is kind of the point).

Plus the ability to consider whether a vote needs to happen immediately or wait for the off-season, when managers are less distracted by running their teams (plus, you know, watching basketball) and can get into a proper debate.

And guess what? If half of the managers decide to get behind my idea of having the first pick every year, then so be it! If a rule is considered stupid or unnecessary by the commissioners, and the managers as a collective make it clear that it is worthy of a vote through persistent discussion (by a bunch of posters, I should add, not just one or two), it will get a vote.

Unless you believe the commissioners are actively trying to destroy the league (which could be the end result of having a large number of members bitter that they are not being heard), can you really imagine a scenario where the above set up becomes a problem? No commissioner is going to look at a thread full of requests for a vote by a half dozen members and decide against it. And frankly, any topic that doesn't receive vocal support doesn't need to be considered (unless the commissioners decide it is in the best interest if the league moving forward - ie a common sense topic).
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Bump.

Joey wrote: View Post

Commissioner, and Co-Commissioners, will have final word on any issue brought to the forum, and based on evidence provided, will determine whether something is deemed crucial enough to the importance and well being of our league, to be voted on as collective of Managers

Tally stands at 3 votes YAY, 1 vote NAY.

I will be withholding my vote.

Once again, I appreciate everyone taking the time to weigh-in on this so we can put this bed ... and go about revamping our rosters once again! Haha

Edit: Looking back ceez and koncept already voted in favour as well. No need for them to vote again really, unless they wanted to? I won't count them just yet, but wanted to let them know that they were heard earlier.

Mack might need to clarify his stance in light of the wording of the Vote. He was in favour of the Commissioners having final deciding say, but in a hung jury type situation.

Edit 2: Just to be clear, we will NOT be voting on DanH receiving the #1 pick going forward, and a $400 Free Agency Purse. LOL
                        Last edited by Joey; Sat Apr 11, 2015, 01:45 AM.

Comment

• Ok... I'd like to see any major concern brought to the table for a league wide vote, but I dont see any reason minor details can't be decided on by the commish(SSSSSS). As others have said, there cant be too much unresolved at this point and I trust the Adam Silver's's to make the right call. Everything has been going great up to this point, no reason that shouldn't continue.

I appreciate all the thought that goes into making this league continue to be the GOAT. I see the points being made on both sides of the debate, but I guess I'll side with what looks to be the majority. Just as long as everyone has their say and ideas are considered for a possible vote, Im good.

Comment

• As stated initially, I am not as concerned about how the decision goes versus having the conversation and achieving consensus on any disagreements moving forward. I think that has been achieved.

Some people chimed in stating it was a non-issue.... and that is cool. I respect that point of view. I do hope that one day if an issue arises that they feel is important and others do not, they will at least feel they had a means to air the concern and it was, at minimum, given a passing thought rather than dismissed out of hand.

I guess, unfortunately, this was an issue for me. A couple of other people through PM, 'likes', and comments have said things to effect that it was a conversation worth having and confirmed, on things deemed important to the league, they would like a say in its decision. I have no problem with commissioners deciding on matters that need to be put to the collective league and, as people have pointed out, if they make an unpopular choice, people (meaning more than 1 or 2) will be able to air that concern.

So in conclusion, I do apologize if you haven't seen the value in having this hashed out. I disagree, and was not alone, but with the matter resolved, in my opinion, I am more than happy to agree to disagree and move on. Thanks to those who took the time to give meaningful input, one way or another, and for Joey putting it up to league promptly.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              Edit 2: Just to be clear, we will NOT be voting on DanH receiving the #1 pick going forward, and a $400 Free Agency Purse. LOL
                              Dang it, Joey. Don't make me go and change my stance.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• What do I vote to keep it status-quo? I can't follow all this crap, I just want to keep building my squad.

My two re-signs will be Leonard and Shabazz Muhammad.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X