This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack North wrote: View Post
    Kinda ticked that I offered my pick to Joey along with Beal in order to get Rudy. Pretty sure he said afterwards he probably would have done it without the pick... well, at least that we didn't discuss the pick. Rudy put up great numbers for me but eventually had a hand in me losing the Finals, missing a few games in that last week. I'm still fine with that deal btw.

Good luck in the draft fellows!
    Ya, for me, my trades are hard to gauge at this point, but I was going to say the Rudy Gay for Beal + 1st Rounder has been my favourite trade so far .. Haha

Looking back, I made 2 trades in the first season, and none at all in the 2nd. The first was a huge fail (DJ Augustin and my 1st for Nate Robinson) but the other turned out really good for both sides I'd say (Tony Allen and Robin Lopez for Korver and Jason Richardson). On the surface, the second one wasn't a huge win, but Korver played well for me for 2 seasons, and then returned Harrison Barnes + Tristan Thompson, who both ended up being the main pieces in netting me Terrence Jones, which is another trade I'm really happy with.

Giving up Elfrid Payton and my Pick (and Pek) for Al Jefferson and Joe Johnson left me in a weird place, since I entered the season planning on getting a bit younger... but then they both netted me Derrick Favors... I have a weird Colangelo-esque desire to recover from my own bad trades, but its turned out okay for me so far.

Comment

• If we are talking about bad trades, I gave up Lillard and KlayThompson, Ridnour, McGee and Kosta Koufus and received Nic Batum, Afflalo, EvanTurner, Bradley, Felton. Massive mistake!

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post
        If we are talking about bad trades, I gave up Lillard and KlayThompson, Ridnour, McGee and Kosta Koufus and received Nic Batum, Afflalo, EvanTurner, Bradley, Felton. Massive mistake!
        Oof, ya that's gotta sting a bit ...

Comment

• The Harden trade was my biggest mistake in hindsight. At the time Jefferson was a stud though but huge mistake overall.

This past year saw a lot of trades I'd like to tweak if given another chance but you have to give up things to get things. I really wish I had got Gobert last year in free agency - that would have changed a lot with my team. But whatever. Ibaka - pffft.

The other regret I had was giving up on Isaiah Thomas. He blew up after getting traded out of PHX. Damn.

I had so many trades last year that pieces from one trade ended up being used to get another done.

I like the trade I made with DanH to get Carroll, Matthews, and my pick for McBob and Melo. Sadly both guys ended up hurt very soon afterwards on DanH's end but Carroll helped me land Vucevic (and a pick to be used August 1st), Matthews helped get Smart (and a pick to be used August 1st) which helped land Curry, and my own pick back which also helped land Curry.

I liked the trade with Joey to get Elfrid Payton. I think he is going to be Rondo minus the instability above his shoulders with potential to be a better shooter (which isn't saying much).

The giving players away caused a big stir (of which with the passing of time I have much regret over on my end) but while tucas loves taking players from me for nothing but ability to sign free agents they did allow me to take some risks on young guys which in time might help me look like a genius (haha). I think Capela is going to have a great career especially with Howard showing signs of breaking down. Warren is still to be determined but with Gerald Green looking for a new team and one Morris twin out the door, should be promising. Jordan Clarkson blew up down the stretch. I'm eager to see what happens with him and Russell. If he adds a 3pt shot, could be promising as both can handle and create.

Hopefully Paul George is back and as good as ever. That alone will cause a shakeup at the top of the standings this year.

Comment

• Instead of resigning Gortat, I'll be resigning Hibbert for 2 years.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
              Instead of resigning Gortat, I'll be resigning Hibbert for 2 years.
              ....maybe. I'll decide closer to the deadline.

Comment

• Biggest non trade regret was our one for one player trade we discussed beginning of season mchappy. At that point were you still trying to compete ? And did the non trade start you're massive rebuild ?
                in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                  Biggest non trade regret was our one for one player trade we discussed beginning of season mchappy. At that point were you still trying to compete ? And did the non trade start you're massive rebuild ?
                  Yeah I dodged a bullet there.

Massive rebuild started when I realized I couldn't compete. The trade with Joey for Payton/1st - JJ/Al Jefferson kicked it off.

Comment

• tucas you might want to consider trading Harden now.

He is tangled up with a Kardashian.

Nothing good will come of this.

I'll gladly give you a stock pile of prospects and picks - your favs.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      tucas you might want to consider trading Harden now.

He is tangled up with a Kardashian.

Nothing good will come of this.

I'll gladly give you a stock pile of prospects and picks - your favs.
                      I'm open to it. The TuneSquad prefers not to associate themselves with the Kardashians. Any deal would have to start around 'Po though.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                        I'm open to it. The TuneSquad prefers not to associate themselves with the Kardashians. Any deal would have to start around 'Po though.
                        'Po has elevated his status from prospect. Lol

Going to hang tight with what I have until after free agency.

I need one player and I have a couple I'd like to get - no way I can get more than one of them.

Gladly discuss after though....assuming Harden doesn't spiral faster than Odom.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          'Po has elevated his status from prospect. Lol

Going to hang tight with what I have until after free agency.

I need one player and I have a couple I'd like to get - no way I can get more than one of them.

Gladly discuss after though....assuming Harden doesn't spiral faster than Odom.
                          introducing a kardashian is only a gateway to crack cocaine. many high ranking lobbyists point to other sisters whose lovers/husbands haven't been forced to cope with a hobbit through crack. best case scenario for harden now is he wins the championship or mvp award and years later transitions into a woman

Comment

• This whole DJ re-signing with the Clip is the best news for my team. Having CP3 droppin' dimes in Lob City is way better than JJ Barea flickin' pennies in Big D.

Comment

• All you guys talking about your trades, I don't know if I made a single deal.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                                All you guys talking about your trades, I don't know if I made a single deal.
                                That is because you're the Darryl Morey of RR Dynasty.

*and there is nothing wrong with that*

Comment

Working...
                                X