X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeRozan: "If I could finish my career here" - M. Grange

Inspiring read:
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...o-raptor-ever/

I like DD more every year. Let's get it!!
    Last edited by S.R.; Tue Oct 28, 2014, 01:12 PM.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Yup. Good read.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Loved this quote:
      "I just [want] to be an example, where, when I finish playing, I’ve done everything that people say you couldn’t do if you play for the Raptors," he said quietly, convincingly. "Everything from being an all-star, to winning a gold medal, to hopefully winning everything else so that at the end of the day there won’t be any excuses — I did it here, so why can’t you?"
      Been a Demar "fanboy" since Day-1 and proud of it.

Comment

DeRozan is the fucking man.
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I remember when this board was higher on Gerald Henderson than Derozan. Ive been behind DD since day 1.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I haven't been behind him from day one but I also have no issues being proved wrong.
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Only gonna cost us about 24M a year....

I wanna keep DD though, but just saying don't turn on him when he gets HELLA expensive

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                I haven't been behind him from day one but I also have no issues being proved wrong.
                Can't say that I've always been on his side either. He's definitely won me over after last year though.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  Mack North wrote: View Post
                  Can't say that I've always been on his side either. He's definitely won me over after last year though.
                  Me three.

Comment

Wasn't always a fan of his but he's made me wrong and I have no problems with that.
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                      Loved this quote:

I've spent way too much of my life defending and repping DeMar on realgm. Even if he's never a top 5 NBA player, he is a paragon of determination and grit, and the type of person I'd want representing my franchise.

Just an easy to guy to cheer for.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        Wasn't always a fan of his but he's made me wrong and I have no problems with that.
                        Agreed.

His character/desire was never in question.

I am looking forward to watching him play this year.

Comment

posted this one in the "Hype" thread. Great read. Part of what made me change my avatar.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                            Loved this quote:

Me too. Though not the LeBron/KD type to build around, the type to build a foundation of character, commitment, and work ethic that this franchise has never had before. Great piece from Grange!!! I'd go as far to surmise that DD even had a big influence on Lowry's turnaround from out of shape, and contentious to in great shape and team leader.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Inspiring read:
                              http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...o-raptor-ever/

I like DD more every year. Let's get it!!
                              I fucking love this kid.

I grew up with a single mom, played Hockey with support from my Mom, made AAA, with her unrelenting support, then left to play BBALL and VBALL in HS after grade 10 was done. I went to a small school, very, like 350-400 people. We had to ask people to joini the teams to make sure we could field teams. I remember my teammates, every one of them from both teams still and we were kinda like DD and Lowry. NOTHING was gained without hard work and a great work ethic, and an attitude that was exactly like DD's, you wanted to prove EVERYONE wrong about where you went to school.... and prove you could make it. No easy way out, no stacked team..... just hard work, and fierce competition.

I made it, I played Varsity Ball, a little anyhow, and I played Varsity Volleyball. Both teams I made as a walk on because nobody got scouted from small schools. I made it because of the ethic I learned from a mom raising 3 kids alone, and from a small school with buddies that all banded together and said "fuck them all, we are just as good, if not better than any of um".

I am always such a dick when I am talking about players I feel are lazy, soft, or selfish for these reasons. and Clearly, for these same reasons I absolutely LOVE Derozan as both a player and a man. Kid came from a shitty neighbourhood, a place where you have 10000 times more chance to make the Penitentiary Ball team than the NBA. He plays in a place a lot of people make fun of, and he doesn't give a shit. He just busts ass, accept his failures and works even harder. This kid may never be the best, but he will always have my respect and admiration.

Fuck what people think, fuck people telling you what you can, or cannot do, and with who. Were all awesome.

What a role model this guy is.
                              Last edited by Superjudge; Tue Oct 28, 2014, 05:13 PM. Reason: self imposed homophobia

Comment

Working...
                              X