Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're #2 in the East (or #6 in the West)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're #2 in the East (or #6 in the West)

The final BoxScoreGeeks ranking is out. We're ranked #2 in the East ... which makes us #7 in the NBA. Only us and the Cavs rank in the top 8 teams in the NBA.

If we can perform to expectations, that means we make it to the Eastern finals this year ... and it's not unthinkable to end up playing for the championship (you heard it here first ).

Their odds for who finishes first in the East are:
    50% - the Cavs
    30% - the Raps
    10% - the Bulls
    10% - the field (Atlanta 3% and on down from there)

We're also the team most likely to win its division, with an 81% chance, higher even than the chances that Cleveland or San Antonio win their respective divisions.

Anyway, lots of interesting forecast details in here. Here's the link:
    http://www.boxscoregeeks.com/article...-preview-index

They made a mistake.... Steisma is on the team, not Cherry. Besides that, good review.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Kuh wrote: View Post

We're also the team most likely to win its division, with an 81% chance, higher even than the chances that Cleveland or San Antonio win their respective divisions.
      That's pretty obvious cuz we play in the weakest division in the NBA... Cavs have co-conference favourites bulls in their division and San Antonio has the likes of the mavs and rockets...

Comment

Whatever system they use, it seems to say depth produces wins. I think this is possibly true, though I'm not fully convinced. According to their system, it looks like the Raps will probably succeed for the same reason the Spurs do - many above-average players working as a team. It will be an interesting season.

I think the depth might pay off by allowing Casey to remove players from the game when they are having a bad night and fish the bench for a hot hand. Games are often won that way.

Comment

They really don't like the Southeast. Wiz with 40 wins? Hornets with 38? Heat with 39?
          That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

pretty obvious why. we're in the worst division in the entire league.

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
              They really don't like the Southeast. Wiz with 40 wins? Hornets with 38? Heat with 39?
              Just going on stats and depth there.... which actually makes a ton of sense. None of those teams have our depth, but the Hawks (I have em 5th this year) kinda do.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

The major problem I have with these predictions is that they are so sensitive to small inputs. They had Nash accounting for 9 wins before his latest injury.... Was that even remotely plausible for a 40 year old injury plagued player?

And I would wager every dollar I have that Philly doesn't sniff 23 wins.

Comment

If we make the conference finals I will die of happiness.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Wiz: they're not fans of Bradley Beal. They see John Wall as good, but not enough to carry the team.
                    Hornets: they like Lance Stephenson and Al Jefferson. They just see a very weak supporting cast.
                    Heat: they're not fans of Chris Bosh. They see Wade as a star, and the rest as average players.

Comment

Heat: they're not fans of Chris Bosh. They see Wade as a star, and the rest as average players.
                      They really aren't. Mario Chalmers: 5.6 wins predicted. Chris Bosh: 4.0 wins predicted.
                      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

They really aren't. Mario Chalmers: 5.6 wins predicted. Chris Bosh: 4.0 wins predicted.
                        Pretty sure Bosh shut them up with his opening night performance alone.

He's going to have a big year. My fantasy team relies on it.

Comment

I read most of these, and while there are some good parts, there are some straight up hilarious bits in there.

Charlotte:
                          They will be missing the passing of McRoberts and his team-leading 6.9 wins in the upcoming season. The departure of Anthony Tolliver and Chris Douglas-Roberts means that their three best offensive players from last season are gone.
                          Washington:
                          The key problems for the Wizards going forward start with the fact that they lost their two most productive per minute players in Ariza and Booker. Between the two of them, they accounted for 19.3 of the team's 47 wins produced.
                          Miami:
                          Perhaps no player has more at stake from a historical legacy perspective this year than Dwyane Wade. If he can summon the will and find that extra gear that made him a superstar earlier in his career, he can carry this team to a fifty plus win season and a deep playoff run. By doing that, he can put himself in the public conversation as the true successor to Jordan.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                            Pretty sure Bosh shut them up with his opening night performance alone.
                            He's going to have a big year. My fantasy team relies on it.
                            They'll be the first to admit they're wrong if he keeps up that opening night performance. That was all-star level stuff ... and they're tracking the numbers to back it up.

Comment

Lebron this morning...

Comment

Working...
                              X