Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When are the Raptors going to unveil their new jersey designs/colours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are being a little nutty / paranoid about the color scheme. Going with blue does not make the Raptors more like the Maple Leafs (a fucking hockey team, wrong sport), it's just a color of the jersey. It's like saying all of OKC's injuries are because their jersey's are blue and that's similar to Maple Leaf jerseys so they need to suck. Some weird game of 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon and we can tie our color scheme to some other sports team, and thereby say we shouldn't do it.

Also, the Bulls and Cubs have had the same color schemes and more or less same jersey's since inception (like 100 years). The Raptors have changed a shit ton. We have no identity jersey wise. I think every time we've made the playoffs it has been with a different jersey.

I find the current jersey's boring as hell and can't wait for some new ones. Every team is blue? How about every team is red? Rockets, Bulls, Hawks, Heat, Cavs, Clippers, Blazers, Wizards, Sixers, Bucks (alternates). That's right, a full 1/3rd of the NBA has red jerseys. Black and red is quite possibly the most overused and boring color scheme in the NBA.

Basically, it doesn't matter what colors they go with. Just that the jersey's look good and everyone wants one.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
      You guys are being a little nutty / paranoid about the color scheme. Going with blue does not make the Raptors more like the Maple Leafs (a fucking hockey team, wrong sport), it's just a color of the jersey. It's like saying all of OKC's injuries are because their jersey's are blue and that's similar to Maple Leaf jerseys so they need to suck. Some weird game of 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon and we can tie our color scheme to some other sports team, and thereby say we shouldn't do it.

Also, the Bulls and Cubs have had the same color schemes and more or less same jersey's since inception (like 100 years). The Raptors have changed a shit ton. We have no identity jersey wise. I think every time we've made the playoffs it has been with a different jersey.

I find the current jersey's boring as hell and can't wait for some new ones. Every team is blue? How about every team is red? Rockets, Bulls, Hawks, Heat, Cavs, Clippers, Blazers, Wizards, Sixers, Bucks (alternates). That's right, a full 1/3rd of the NBA has red jerseys. Black and red is quite possibly the most overused and boring color scheme in the NBA.

Basically, it doesn't matter what colors they go with. Just that the jersey's look good and everyone wants one.
      There was never any cause/effect implied by a potential colour change. Changing to blue & white will not cause the Raptors to suck. It's just a bad message portrayed.

The Raptors are widely considered to be the "little sisters" of the Maple Queafs. Mimicking their colour scheme would only add to that annoying stigma.

Is red & black considered boring, and un-original? Sure. Change the colours to whatever you want....except anything that resembles the biggest losers in the Western hemisphere. Not too much to ask.
      Last edited by Nilanka; Fri Oct 31, 2014, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Blue's just annoying. I hate this obssession of "lets have the same colour for all our teams". The Raptors have a unique brand, for a pretty distinct product in the Toronto sports landscape. I'd prefer to keep the differentiation. This team appeals to urban population, an increasingly diverse population, and their fanbase is generally younger.

A lot of fans are also like me, and thorougly dislike "Maple Leafs" culture, as Leafs fans are pretty much the Knicks fans of the NHL, and the team is easily among the worst franchises in North American pro sports. "Blue and white" has come to represent everything that's wrong with Toronto sports (unwavering mediocrity, visionless leadership and horrible management). Raps are already owned by the same people, don't need more in common than that. Let them continue to build their own brand, which is also the best way to grow the profile of the team both locally and nationally.

Comment

two words HOT PINK...amirite?
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Purple and black would look nice
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I've always thought purple and black looks awesome but I also really dont mind the colors we have now
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I want us to go in the direction of being a Black team. People have stated gold could be coming in, so why not something similar to the AI era Sixers?
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

For those that oppose blue, keep this in mind. Purple is basically red with blue in it...
                  A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

That being said, I would love to see a black, purple, red and gold (similar to lakers and kings alternates)
                    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

it's going to be black/white/gold
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                        For those that oppose blue, keep this in mind. Purple is basically red with blue in it...
                        Whoa bro, no way

That statement is as equal in saying a whole of nothing as the statement in your signature lol.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                          This is a weirdly angry response
                          I had to kill it before it gained any momentum whatsoever. I love the Raps but I don't know if I could love them anymore if they changed their image to be a twin of the Leafs and Blue Jays.
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post

Because every other team is blue?
                            Seriously, fuck the Maple Leafs. They are Garbage, have always been garbage and will continue to be garbage for years. Let's not clump the Raptors in with those losers. Clearly the colour blue has not been good luck for Toronto.
                            I'm talking branding. Colours have nothing to do with winning. Clearly the Leafs have had poor leadership for a long time. I have think all the way back to the early 90's to find good leadership.

Others teams wear red you know. Ditto for black. I don't know, if you want to take us down we this road then how about pink or eggshell?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              I'm talking branding. Colours have nothing to do with winning. Clearly the Leafs have had poor leadership for a long time. I have think all the way back to the early 90's to find good leadership.

Others teams wear red you know. Ditto for black. I don't know, if you want to take us down we this road then how about pink or eggshell?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
                              But if you're talking branding, then this is pretty basic product marketing...Blue and white is easily the motif that has the highest risk of pissing some Raptors fans off, given the team does benefit from being the sole team in their national market, and fans outside the local market generally aren't big Toronto (the city itself) fans, and certainly not Leafs fans.

Comment

I can't believe the hulabaloo over blue. I just thought of it as one of those novelty jerseys they wear for kicks, like the armed forces one.

Comment

Working...
                                X