"TRex of Winters" Predicted for 2014/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "TRex of Winters" Predicted for 2014/15

Brace yourself: the Old Farmer’s Almanac has revealed its predictions for Canada’s upcoming winter season, and it’s not great news.

After last winter’s seemingly never-ending wickedly cold weather, residents in much of the country can expect more of the same in the coming months.

“We’re looking at the T-Rex of winters,” Jack Burnett, editor of the Old Farmer’s Almanac, said on CTV’s Canada AM on Thursday.

“It’s going to be colder, it’s going to be snowier … it’s not pretty.”

According to the almanac, central Canada, in particular, is expected to experience winter’s nasty bite.

“From Calgary to Quebec, we’re going to be up to our neck,” Burnett said.

One of the few exceptions will be southwestern Ontario, which will be cold, but with below-normal snowfall.

Burnett said forecasts show that while Toronto and the surrounding region will experience a deep-freeze, it’s going to be drier this winter, with “fluffier snow.”
    Source
    Hard to tell if we're going to get off the hook here in Toronto or not, but regardless...

For those of us that live in Canada cold weather is a fact of life. Better get used to it. Winter is temporary and only last about 6 months.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
      For those of us that live in Canada cold weather is a fact of life. Better get used to it. Winter is temporary and only last about 6 months.
      Winter is amazing. It's kinda hard to enjoy it as an adult, but c'mon. I love Winter. I'm sure everyone of us have amazing wintry memories from our childhood.

P.S. Winters in England SUCK.

Comment

I guess that means more torrential downpours for Vancouver.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
          Not in the GTA. It lasts like 3 and 1/2 months max

Comment

Working...
          X