More Raptors buzz from Grantland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Raptors buzz from Grantland

Zach Lowe's newest article he has a bunch to say about the Raptors. Including these tidbits.

Listen up: The Drakes are really, really good. Anyone in any country paying even token attention realizes this. They haven’t played a murderer’s row, but their only loss came on a road back-to-back in Miami, and they’ve stomped almost every opponent.
    Beware: This team is deep and rooted in continuity, with a fearsome home crowd challenging Golden State as the league’s most intimidating environment. They are head-and-shoulders above the rest of the unformed East.
    Bill Simmons also had Zach on his latest BS Report. On top of alluding that a placing a bet on a Raptors-Warriors finals @ 50-1, he has this to say about Kyle Lowry after watching him play against Boston...

Kyle Lowry played better in that game than any game Chris Paul has played in the last two years... he has be unbelievable dominant
    Albeit anecdotal, Simmons adopted the Clippers as his west coast team since he moved to LA, so there's a good chance he's seen 90% of Clippers games in the last two seasons.

IF the Raptors beat Chicago on Thursday, NBA media will be asking some version of "Are the raptors a threat to make/win the Conference and/or conference finals?" I'd bet a surprising amount of analysts would respond with "Yes."

Link to Lowe Article here

Link to BS Report here, Raps stuff starts around 41:50

Simmons also calls Toronto "Really, really good." He threw an extra "really" in there for us. Although Zach still thinks that the Cavs and Bulls will be at a higher level than the Raps come playoff time. Which is what every analyst will say if we don't win Thursday's game.

Bold in quotes are mine.
    Last edited by ezz_bee; Wed Nov 12, 2014, 11:34 AM.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Who drugged Simmons? I mean.. Dude usually hates us.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
      we usually provide lots of reasons to hate us
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
        I never thought he hated us, just that we weren't any good (which we weren't) and that he could troll the Raptors fanbase for clicks (which he could, did, and outright said he did a number of times).

For those of you who aren't going to be bothered to listen to the podcast, he's suprisingly high on Patrick Patterson, who is on his list of "opposing players who scare me shooting open three's in crunch time"
        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Man oh man I hope the Raps beat the Bulls on US national tv on Thursday. Goes without saying that would be a HUGE win showing the rest of the league what we already know! We The North baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got a hunch that Simmons browses through RR forums on occasion. I think that's where a comment of his like "the Raptors have a very informed fan base" came from and of course his reference to JV as "Jonas Christ Superstar."

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
              Man oh man I hope the Raps beat the Bulls on US national tv on Thursday. Goes without saying that would be a HUGE win showing the rest of the league what we already know! We The North baby!

Hope it's a coming out party for someone. I remember Vince going ham one night vs. Phoenix, which was a first US televised game (or at least, that's how I remember it).

Comment

The team will naturally be up for the Bulls game without doubt......their families and friends all over get to watch them. Hope they just dont get off the reservation with individual play.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Hope it's a coming out party for someone. I remember Vince going ham one night vs. Phoenix, which was a first US televised game (or at least, that's how I remember it).
                  Yea that'd be dope. Maybe TRoss or Val can showcase their stuff. Tbh tho I don't care if the raps win pretty or not (Chicago D has a tendency to make games ugly and choppy) as long as they get a W!

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                    The team will naturally be up for the Bulls game without doubt......their families and friends all over get to watch them. Hope they just dont get off the reservation with individual play.
                    Team ball, lots of movement is even more critical against a team like Chicago. My only concern is that cuz the game is on national tv that there may be some guys trying to do too much get too flashy. Hope that isn't the case.

Comment

Loads of love from that US media this week... EH?!?!?!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                        Loads of love from that US media this week... EH?!?!?!
                        It's def nice to see the Raps get some recognition from them. Who would've thunk it...all it takes is for them to put on a winning team.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                          I got a hunch that Simmons browses through RR forums on occasion. I think that's where a comment of his like "the Raptors have a very informed fan base" came from and of course his reference to JV as "Jonas Christ Superstar."
                          Wouldn't be surprised in the least, although I bet it's just that he gets a bunch of emails from Raps fans feeding him the info.

Comment

ezzbee is sooo jazzed up for the Bulls game, that he is "liking" every post in this thread.

Comment

"That this is kind of a happy accident, the product of an aborted near-tank last season, only makes the story more fun."
                              I completely forgot that our league leading team is a failed tank project.

Comment

Working...
                              X