No announcement yet.

Double standard against JV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's looked very sluggish to start the season, so I'm not sure if throwing a bunch more minutes at him despite his performance should be the solution. His added bulk seems to have slowed him down, limited his mobility and bounce, and also appears to be a hinderance on his conditioning as well. I'd love to see him shed 20 pounds as a start.

He's gotten big enough to bang with the Gasols and Gortats of the East, but in the process he's become too much of a plodder to check just about anyone else.

Comment

He's lost on defense which is his primary job. DD is required for his offense, so there is no pulling him, and T. Ross is getting pulled more often than not because we have and adequate back up for him.

No double standards, just situational moves.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
        Well at the same time, with 15FGA per game he would develop much more faster, Derozan was given that opportunity and was not that much better offensive wise than JV when he came into the league. Some of the guys in this forum expect him to consistently overpass his matchups e.g. Vucecic, but you have to realize that Vucecic is Orlando's main player, who takes 10-16 FGA per game and due to this fact is much more developed offensively and defensively as he also plays 36+ minutes... They cannot be compared as someone did in the other thread. Those are double standarts from fans, which I noticed after recent bad stretch from JV, expecting him to dominate, being dissapointed in him, while he is treated as, at some cases, as 6th player. I'm not blaming the coaching staff for that, I am suggesting to give him a break. They may want to lower his value for the contract year, but I'm afraid it can backfire the development and confidence of his, or even worse... while not being as humble as he was entering the league I can see him taking bigger contract. IMO.
        lol, this "double standard" idea is nothing but laughable, but this "lower his value" thought is in another universe. Get out your foil hats!

Since the very day he was drafted, including the full year he was still in Europe, this organization has done everything possible for this kid to help his development, yet we have fans saying he's held back because he doesn't get enough shats. smh. Seems I've read this here before, like maybe a 1,000 times, but it makes as little sense now than it did the 1st time. From what us outsiders are able to see, which is a very small part of the picture, he has lots of work to do, mentally and physically, before he "deserves" a damn thing more. It's on him to man the fuck up and get it done.

Comment

chico wrote: View Post
          lol, this "double standard" idea is nothing but laughable, but this "lower his value" thought is in another universe. Get out your foil hats!

Since the very day he was drafted, including the full year he was still in Europe, this organization has done everything possible for this kid to help his development, yet we have fans saying he's held back because he doesn't get enough shats. smh. Seems I've read this here before, like maybe a 1,000 times, but it makes as little sense now than it did the 1st time. From what us outsiders are able to see, which is a very small part of the picture, he has lots of work to do, mentally and physically, before he "deserves" a damn thing more. It's on him to man the fuck up and get it done.
          Agreed. Tuesday was one of the worst games I've seen Jonas play in his career. He 100% deserved to be riding the pine.

Comment

Remember how effortlessly Patterson got himself out of his early season funk? A simple, "I'll fix this" tweet, and he's back to normal, lol.

Here's hoping Jonas can display that kind of mental toughness soon.

Comment

I completely agree there is a double standard. Ross gets it somewhat too, its like he thinks he can because hes known them since they were rookies. Which i would not have a problem with, except he would NEVER have the balls to bench DD. DD is not LeBron, hes a borderline all star and some of his defensive efforts have warranted benchings this year. But casey is too scurred cause he knows derozan would pout...and pout..and whine.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                I completely agree there is a double standard. Ross gets it somewhat too, its like he thinks he can because hes known them since they were rookies. Which i would not have a problem with, except he would NEVER have the balls to bench DD. DD is not LeBron, hes a borderline all star and some of his defensive efforts have warranted benchings this year. But casey is too scurred cause he knows derozan would pout...and pout..and whine.
                *claps*

Keon you Da real MVP
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

This is kind of ridiculous. Seriously, he's had exactly one terrible game this season.

He's missed some chipshots...sure.

He got injured in OKC and sat out, and had a rough shooting game against Orlando twice. He had high turnovers for 2 games, and virtually none the rest of the season.

I keep seeing this shit about his D. His D has been great every night except the last game. His rim protection has been solid. He's quicker to his spots than last year, and contesting tons of shots. His rebounding has also generally been good except for some weak grabs last game (again, just one game). But if he's not playing good D, we don't win so many games so far, especially with how porous our perimeter D has been.

Did he look rattled last game, and even a bit offensively against Philly? Sure. But he's not some disaster like so many here are making him out to be.

Some thoughts:
                  -His hand is really busted up and it's his shooting hand. No way that makes anything easier
                  -Getting the big men involved is still clearly the last priority of the O.
                  -He's still an emotional kid who gets frustrated too easily, and trying to be effective with limited looks and a busted hand is getting to him.
                  -He's also been a slow starter every season so far...that seems to be the way it'll stay. Maybe it has to do with long summers, or maybe that's just how he is.

Comment

One could argue that some players have "earned" a longer leash.

I don't think anyone can say with a straight face that Lowry (for example) needs to be disciplined with the same methods as a Ross or Jonas.

Comment

Guys, if you have personal beefs with each other, either take it to PM, or put each other on ignore. Please and thank you.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        Guys, if you have personal beefs with each other, either take it to PM, or put each other on ignore. Please and thank you.
                        Do you have any idea why I can't post in the Chicago vs Toronto game thread???

When I press the reply button it becomes blue but doesn't open up so I can write.

Comment

MACK please put chico on Ignore or Drop whatever beef you have with him. Chico has made an obvious effort to avoid Flame Wars lately and I'd appreciate if you could show that same effort.

Chico, maybe do the same?
                          Last edited by Joey; Thu Nov 13, 2014, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                            He's lost on defense which is his primary job. DD is required for his offense, so there is no pulling him, and T. Ross is getting pulled more often than not because we have and adequate back up for him.
                            What happened to caseys tough talk that minutes have to be earned by everyone? When players start knowing they're "required" youre going down a slippery slope. Besides, the offensive drop off from demar to lou is a lot smaller than you may think. Some days it's not a drop off at all.

Comment

What happened to caseys tough talk that minutes have to be earned by everyone? When players start knowing they're "required" youre going down a slippery slope. Besides, the offensive drop off from demar to lou is a lot smaller than you may think. Some days it's not a drop off at all.
                              DeMar can go 5-30 from the field and play zero defense while talking to the refs all game long but as soon as Jonas misses a rotation he's benched immediately. And yes Jonas deserved to be benched last game but this has been happening his whole career. I wanna know who made DeMar untouchable?

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                DeMar can go 5-30 from the field and play zero defense while talking to the refs all game long but as soon as Jonas misses a rotation he's benched immediately. And yes Jonas deserved to be benched last game but this has been happening his whole career. I wanna know who made DeMar untouchable?
                                "Hes our guy come hell or high water" casey picks a top dog and treats then like kevin durant. He used to do the same with bargnani

Comment

Working...
                                X