• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marc Gasol

-29 years old, will turn 30 in January.
    -2013 defensive player of the year
    -2013 All NBA 2nd Team
    -2009 All rookie team

So happens to be a free agent this summer. Your about wining now? This the guy you Go get Masai
    @Chr1st1anL

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    -29 years old, will turn 30 in January.
    -2013 defensive player of the year
    -2013 All NBA 2nd Team
    -2009 All rookie team

So happens to be a free agent this summer. Your about wining now? This the guy you Go get Masai
    Then what will we do with JV?
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
      Then what will we do with JV?
      Throw him away like Casey and the guy who made this thread have always wanted.
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Gasol will probably go for more than we can afford - I could see him getting close to the max, considering it will be the year before the big jump.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          Gasol will probably go for more than we can afford - I could see him getting close to the max, considering it will be the year before the big jump.
          I could easily see him getting the max. There are a bunch of teams that will likely pursue him...not sure if all can offer max because of cap holds and such, but there could be lots of activity around him.

NYK and LAL will both have capspace, and I wouldn't be surprised if one or both offered him a max deal. The Spurs will be looking for a new horse in the middle, assuming Duncan retires, and I can easily see them wanting to go after Gasol. Maybe a Boston or a Dallas go after him too...

Gasol might be the most pursued free agent this summer.

Comment

I have no problem with offering him the max.

I honestly believe adding Gasol will legitimately makes us title contenders. Hopefully Amir takes a discount. We would probably have to let go of Lou but, that fine. JJ is the real bench commander. Plus we could replace him with what ever we could get for JV on the trade market. Which would probably be something good.
            Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat Nov 15, 2014, 03:21 PM.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I honestly believe adding Gasol will legitimately makes us title contenders. Hopefully Amir takes a discount. We would probably have to let go of Lou but, that fine. JJ is the real bench commander. Plus we could replace him with what ever we could get for JV on the trade market. Which would probably be something good.
              If we do get him we should trade JV (which i really dont want to do) & Tross for a near all-star SF and good backup center

we will have 4 players who can be all stars then
              Gasol,DD,Lowry,(that near allstar SF)
              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                If we do get him we should trade JV (which i really dont want to do) & Tross for a near all-star SF and good backup center

we will have 4 players who can be all stars then
                Gasol,DD,Lowry,(that near allstar SF)
                Don't think there is need for a 3. Ross and JJ can handle that position. I'm hoping by next year the Brazilian would be able to contribute in a reserve role
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I think he'll end up in NY with Phil and Carmelo. Apparently, if you wish to believe, there are reports that he's pretty much good as gone to New York and with Bargnani and Stoudamire 's contracts off the books, they will have lots of money to throw Gasol's way.
                  Last edited by MangoKid; Sat Nov 15, 2014, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Problem is we don't have the max to offer.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Gasol will definitely get max especially since max next year is going to be well under max in 2 years.

No shot for raps.

Spurs said to be interested as well.

Timmy replacement.

Comment

I thought we did have enough for the max? Don't we have a lot of expirings?

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                          I thought we did have enough for the max? Don't we have a lot of expirings?
                          We'll have enough for a max offer for a guy coming off his rookie deal, but not for a vet like Gasol.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                            We'll have enough for a max offer for a guy coming off his rookie deal, but not for a vet like Gasol.
                            who's coming off their rookie deals? aren't they RFA mostly?
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              who's coming off their rookie deals? aren't they RFA mostly?
                              Kawhi Leonard is the guy we should throw the max at, if spurs match oh well at least we tried
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                              X