ESPN Insider: Triano in Jeopardy Even With Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Insider: Triano in Jeopardy Even With Playoffs

What do you guys think? You really think Jay's job is in jeopardy? I don't see it.

This courtesy of Marc Stein:

Major changes are expected in Toronto if the Raptors fail to at least reach the playoffs -- and perhaps even if they do make the playoffs -- which conceivably endangers Raps coach Jay Triano.
    Source - Click here

I would be estatic to see Triano go
    but only if Jeff Van Gundy comes...

Comment

Yeah, I think it is ... but still a good chance that he remains with the club.

Not quite a 50-50. A 60-40 chance he stays versus is let go.
      nbaroundtable

Comment

90% chance he stays. Unless the players revolt, he is the man in charge.

1) He is a rookie coach after all, and Colangelo will give him at least 1 more year to see if he can learn from his mistakes.

2) Colangelo has no desire to pay TWO coaches who are not even on the coaching staff.

Comment

This just seemed like Stein felt he had to say something about the Raps. He didn't really go in-depth with anything and just pitched in the little piece at the very end of the article. I'm doubting there's any substance behind this.

Comment

I guess Stein never recieved the memo that Colangelo is happy with Triano's overall job performance and instead rather blames himself for building up this team and other team distractions which led to a poor showing after the all star break.

Comment

Does anyone notice how off the US media seems to be about Raptors rumours? They seem to have far fewer "inside sources" with the Raptors, so whenever I read about some rumour from ESPN regarding the Raptors, it's almost always wrong (as opposed to other teams, which are only usually wrong).
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

A couple days ago in an interview with the fan 590 Colangelo said Jay has earned the right to continue to learn as a head coach. Or at least it was something like that. Whatever it was the message was loud and clear, don't expect Triano to be fired at seasons end.

Besides, Stein isn't even doing actual reporting here. It is just a wild guess, and a very vague guess. Well perhaps if Toronto misses the playoffs than maybe we will see major changes with The Raps and it is possible that Triano gets canned. Give me a break.
                I Am Shutup

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                  What do you guys think? You really think Jay's job is in jeopardy? I don't see it.

This courtesy of Marc Stein:

Source - Click here
                  I like Jay as an assistant but not a head coach. I think he's a good guy. No hard feelings for his blunders this season, he was just not the man for the job. I hope they terminate his contract and he finds work else where. I want to an experienced, proven coach to come in and work with these guys. They need someone who is going to be tough when need be.

Comment

Triano just got his shit pushed in by a real coach.

No hard feelings but, why does Toronto with its countless years of mediocrity, need to sit through the rookie coach's learning curve?

With as many out of work proven coaches out there as there is, why not flush this turd and show bosh or whom ever we get to play here that we aren't the joke of the NBA the American Press syndicate says we are.

Comment

Let's see... Kevin O'Neil...Fail... Sam Mitchell... Not so much a fail but not a success either... Jay Triano... FAIL. RJ, you're right. They need to close the doors to Raptors Head Coaching University. It sucks for the fans and the team. Time to go get somebody who made their mistakes while running some other team and is ready to contribute.

Comment

Well what does BC think about the team right now. Does he still like them going forward or does he see the inherent flaws. Its not that far off to believe he likes the personnel and takes issue with the way they have been handled. It can't be all that easy to admit to yourself that your a visionary devoid of a vision.

I'd love to know how much pressure BC is putting on Jay to mix up the starting line up, rotations and minute dispersal. I'm surprised Marco didn't get any burn against the Warriors, is Colangelo as well?

Or maybe BC is simply consumed with the Bosh ordeal and the ramifications of letting another wince tragedy stain this franchise. One thing is for certain, that Armani collar is getting pretty tight these days.

Comment

i would be dissapointed to see triano go because i can tell you right now it's not his fault.

it's MARC IAVORONI'S. hahaha

no but seriously i thought he was a "defensive guru". pfff
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Let's see... Kevin O'Neil...Fail... Sam Mitchell... Not so much a fail but not a success either... Jay Triano... FAIL. RJ, you're right. They need to close the doors to Raptors Head Coaching University. It sucks for the fans and the team. Time to go get somebody who made their mistakes while running some other team and is ready to contribute.
                            all the great coaches were a fail in their first season and if not they were in their second.

sometimes both. he'll be much better next season.guaranteed.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

So you think he's going to magically grow a pair over the summer? I don't think that extra sun light is going to be enough LBF.

Comment

Working...
                              X