Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    wow you guys need to watch this Grizz vs Rockets game. Grizz are up by 20
    This is a good thing. It means the Grizz are going to be primed for a letdown game when they get here on Wednesday.
    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
      That is argument #1, they are also saying that they have timed the amount of time the ball was in Lee's hands and it was somehing like .322 seconds, longer than the 3/10s on the clock, so they have 2 ways it could be overturned.
      It doesn't matter.

First, because the NBA will never overturn a game result. They've come out publicly and said they got it wrong on many occasions, but never change the actual result.

Second, because of the sensitivity of the clock in that situation, they simply apply the 0.4 second rule - if there is less than 0.4 seconds on the clock, they treat a tip/touch shot like that as 'good' even if it technically exceeds the time left, and any sort of catch-and-shoot motion as not-good, even if it is completed within the 0.3 seconds.

Anyway, they might have a case with the ball being tipped at the sideline (though I don't buy it, and there's not enough evidence that the ball changed directions), but it us irrelevant, based on my first point.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
        They could only score 69 against the depleted thunder last night.
        I guess we'll find out if we're Houston East on Wednesday. Houston beat up on garbage and got beat up by a strong Memphis team. If we can pull out a W it would go a long way in proving our worth amonst the top. Even more so since JJ is out indefinitely with a sprained ankle.... Fucking cameraman
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          It doesn't matter.

First, because the NBA will never overturn a game result. They've come out publicly and said they got it wrong on many occasions, but never change the actual result.

Second, because of the sensitivity of the clock in that situation, they simply apply the 0.4 second rule - if there is less than 0.4 seconds on the clock, they treat a tip/touch shot like that as 'good' even if it technically exceeds the time left, and any sort of catch-and-shoot motion as not-good, even if it is completed within the 0.3 seconds.

Anyway, they might have a case with the ball being tipped at the sideline (though I don't buy it, and there's not enough evidence that the ball changed directions), but it us irrelevant, based on my first point.
          Big difference now is Adam Silver is in charge and does seem to be a guy who is a little more transparent than Stern was.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

RE: the sacramento game:
            Based on this fan video here, it really does look like contact.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSCz_IHK7hw#t=34
            And even this is hardly conclusive, it just looks like the path is altered ever so slightly. But I think it would be an extremely bad precedent for the NBA to factor in fan-recorded videos in any of its decisions. There's nothing conclusive on any of the arena cameras, therefore it shouldn't be overturned.

Comment

Big difference now is Adam Silver is in charge and does seem to be a guy who is a little more transparent than Stern was.
              I thought "transparency" means (openness)... re-viewing the matter with full participation of the parties concerned...no?

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                I guess we'll find out if we're Houston East on Wednesday. Houston beat up on garbage and got beat up by a strong Memphis team. If we can pull out a W it would go a long way in proving our worth amonst the top. Even more so since JJ is out indefinitely with a sprained ankle.... Fucking cameraman

Comment

They didn't overturn the infamous Raps-Hawks "Atlanta scorekeeper game", even after admitting blatant fault (oops, sorry Raptor fans). So, there's absolutely no way they are changing the call on something that will have to be reviewed 1,000,000 times like the JFK assassination Zapruder footage and still be inconclusive.

Kings are just being are bunch a weenies, and it's going to cost them with the refs down the road.

Comment

I dunno, one of his first official appearances as commissioner was attending this game, (featuring this moment), which has made me suspicious that there's something not on the up-and-up between him and Sacramento. This result getting overturned would only deepen my suspicions. Yeah, conspiracy theories run deep with me.

Comment

I don't think there's any set of rules/guidelines that allow them to overturn a result...and that's good.

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
                        This is a good thing. It means the Grizz are going to be primed for a letdown game when they get here on Wednesday.
                        Was watching bits of that game. Tony Allen was completely smothering Harden. Brilliant 1-on-1 defender.

Comment

The game is not going to be overturned. Do the Kings have a case? Yes they do (I'm alright if the clock started a little microsecond late, that's slight human error at that speed) but, based on the fact that they used the NBA replay center for a VERY long time to review the play and the fact that, really, the Kings blew a 20+ point lead to lose this game, I can't really be all that sympathetic.

It would just honestly be too hard to overturn. Although I really do think that the NBA would take this one seriously though.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                            It doesn't matter.

Not so sure about the "never overturn a game" part. I forget the article I read today but it referenced the last time an appeal was won. A Miami atlanta game (why do these things always involve Atlanta?). Shaq fouled out despite only having 5 fouls. The Hawks were fined and they made the teams replay the last minute of the game on another date. The Hawks still won but the outcome might have changed.

Comment

THis one's going to be tough. Grzzlies and the Warriors to me are the 2 best teams in the NBA right now. Grizzlies tonight just dominated the 9-1 Houston Rockets. So i expect to see a lot of DeRozan hate posts after this game since he' the one that always gets the blame whenerver the Raps lose right?
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                                THis one's going to be tough. Grzzlies and the Warriors to me are the 2 best teams in the NBA right now. Grizzlies tonight just dominated the 9-1 Houston Rockets. So i expect to see a lot of DeRozan hate posts after this game since he' the one that always gets the blame whenerver the Raps lose right?
                                Oh I love game threads after DD matchup with Tony Allen!

Comment

Working...
                                X