No announcement yet.

Faried Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faried would be a big upgrade on the boards. He attacks the boards with reckless abandon. Only guy we have that does that currently and consistently when in position is Lowry, our PG. Sometimes JJ. And psycho T obviously tries.

Comment

NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
      Is Faried really an upgrade on Amir though?

I'm sure he's a little better offensively, but how is his defense?
      I think the bigger factor being considered is that status of Amir's contract and ankles.

A healthy $7M Amir is fantastic.

A $10M/$12M/$??M Amir with chronic ankle issues and a battered body is....

I look at Faried and see a younger, healthier, even more energetic version of Amir. He also seems to be quite coachable, so I would hope under the tutelage of DC, he could develop into the same quality defender that Amir has been. His contract might seem high now (as Amir's did when he first signed it), but I think in the right situation with the right coach, he too could blossom.

Comment

Honestly what's the difference between James Johnson and Faried?
        Faried is payed a lot more and plays less defense.

James is on a great contract, he's bigger then Kenneth, Better defensively

We don't need Faried at all
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Dont mess with the chemistry under any circumstance unless youre adding a bona fide all star
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            I think the bigger factor being considered is that status of Amir's contract and ankles.

A healthy $7M Amir is fantastic.

A $10M/$12M/$??M Amir with chronic ankle issues and a battered body is....

I look at Faried and see a younger, healthier, even more energetic version of Amir. He also seems to be quite coachable, so I would hope under the tutelage of DC, he could develop into the same quality defender that Amir has been. His contract might seem high now (as Amir's did when he first signed it), but I think in the right situation with the right coach, he too could blossom.
            Go ask Nugs fans , Faried is too small to be a good defender in the post. There's nothing he could do to magically get taller

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
              Go ask Nugs fans , Faried is too small to be a good defender in the post. There's nothing he could do to magically get taller
              Oh I agree. I wouldn't target Faried personally; I was just commenting on the rumor.

I want a PF who can either be more of a rim protector or post-up threat (ideally both). I like Amir and know people always talks about intangibles, but I really think he's the weakest link in the starting unit going forward. I also don't think a move is necessary this season, but a decision will need to be made this offseason.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                Oh I agree. I wouldn't target Faried personally; I was just commenting on the rumor.

I want a PF who can either be more of a rim protector or post-up threat (ideally both). I like Amir and know people always talks about intangibles, but I really think he's the weakest link in the starting unit going forward. I also don't think a move is necessary this season, but a decision will need to be made this offseason.
                I know it's unrealistic but Serge Ibaka would be the best fit at 4 for us

Comment

With the way this roster is playing (and has been for a year now, really - best record in the ECF since the Gay trade), I don't think you mess with it unless you're bringing in top tier talent.

There'll also be some opportunities/decisions to make as some contracts expire in the next couple of years. No reason to tinker in the meantime unless it's a sure thing.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                    With the way this roster is playing (and has been for a year now, really - best record in the ECF since the Gay trade), I don't think you mess with it unless you're bringing in top tier talent.

There'll also be some opportunities/decisions to make as some contracts expire in the next couple of years. No reason to tinker in the meantime unless it's a sure thing.
                    I would definitely consider Ibaka to be "top tier talent". But again, the odds of him being available is a different story altogether.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      I would definitely consider Ibaka to be "top tier talent". But again, the odds of him being available is a different story altogether.
                      Me too - meant to further the though with that quote, not counter it.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

2017 free agency count down is on!!!

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          2017 free agency count down is on!!!
                          If we keep up like this, the team has held their end of the bargain for kd2016. We know winning is the most important thing and imo we're ahead of schedule. If we stay level or better until then, durant will at least know that he'd be the final piece of the puzzle towards (possible) multiple championships. So i like i say, the team is taking care on their end, and after that the ball is in Durants court.

Also i wish nothing but bad luck for Washington and okc. Sorry.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Faried is a very good player, slightly undersized but athletic enough to make an impact. AJ is the better player in my mind and, on the other hand, is the godfather of the young guns and went straight through the fire and doldrums with this team. If you remove him from the picture then I could see a weakening of the core and an expected despondency that comes with losing a brother and compatriot. Just for Demar, JV and Ross' sakes it's worth keeping him running. I know he has durability issues like every player but sometimes I feel he is more socially responsible than anyone in the organization (except perhaps Ujiri and Casey) as a role model for the characteristic traits (esp. mental toughness) of the Raptors today.

Obviously he will come off the bench eventually or shore up his ankles for good with better treatments and keep running or improve. Either way it plays out, I would have no choice but to hate to see him go. Stomach says we can't experiment with AJ right now. Like some have already mentioned, unless we make a big move and get a real impact player that is a standout upgrade at the position there is no real reason to mess with the delicate balance and start altering team chemistry. That being said, who are the top tier PF that we could acquire in '15 or '16 that would relegate Amir to the bench and PP to reserve and special teams?

Comment

I looked at defensive impact and rim protection stats and the only PF's in the league that could replace Amir's production are Ibaka, Taj Gibson and LMA.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                                I looked at defensive impact and rim protection stats and the only PF's in the league that could replace Amir's production are Ibaka, Taj Gibson and LMA.
                                Thanks Dan, that's what I wanted to know. It makes sense. Sometimes easy to overlook for his worker/hustler demeanour, but I've always regarded AJ as a special piece. Needless to say, a satisfactory or exact replacement would be hard to come by. Although hard to control or predict I am thinking now that the best and most affordable way to put ourselves over the top from here is for all of our youth to take a huge step this season. KLow is obviously a different beast altogether and in his own class and category, but if Demar, Ross and JV all improve this year it will lessen the burden and increase the impact of whoever comes in here as a high-priority upgrade to an already good team. That being said, in a dream world Gibson or Ibaka would look great in purple and red. (This is not even considering the possibility that Bruno or any other draft picks or prospects could emerge from within the existing program and auto-fill those gaps)

Comment

Working...
                                X