Faried Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faried Rumours

So supposedly we're the front runners to trade for Kenneth Faried.

Source: http://www.realtytoday.com/articles/7363/20141119/toronto-raptors-nba-rumors-nba-news-kenneth-faried-new-york-knicks-houston-rockets.htm

Thoughts?
    What do you think Denver would want in return?
    Admittedly I don't watch Faried much so I don't know how well he plays other than he has a ton of energy. Does he have a jumper at all? Is he good defensively?
    What's the fit with JV?

Personally I would definitely trade him for any package not including DD, KL, TR, JV, Bruno and MAYBE Amir. Otherwise I'd do it immediately, 12M per year is gonna look like a steal when the cap goes up.

One thing toronto has going is the ability to speed up the nuggets rebuild by a full year without hurting themselves financially for 2016.

Foye, Gallinari, McGee, chandler, hickson all have one year remaining after this season.

Throw in Ross and 2015 pick combined with fields, Hayes, Williams, bro gives $24m in relief to Denver and with farieds extension over $35m next year.

Comment

Could be a worthy long-term replacement for Amir. His ankles seem to get worse every year, and maybe it's time we come to terms with the reality that his ankles will likely never be 100%.

But what's funny is the source. "Realty Today" is self-described as:
      We provide daily news and commentaries on real estate, mortgage loans and interest rates, advice for buying and selling a home, and a look at home and design tips from the experts.
      WTF are they doing reporting NBA trade rumours? lol

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Could be a worthy long-term replacement for Amir. His ankles seem to get worse every year, and maybe it's time we come to terms with the reality that his ankles will likely never be 100%.

It's all about the hits

Comment

I don't think there is any merit to this at all. It's one of those things that has enough plausible points that you could convince yourself (or a reader) that it makes sense. And wishful thinking makes it that much easier.

I don't see Denver trading Faried at this point but I've never been right about anything, so there's that...
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

Realty Today gets the scoop again!

Comment

Toronto could certainly help Denver tank, by offering expiring contracts (Amir & Fields/Hayes) and draft picks (2015 and/or one of their two 2016 1st round picks). I wouldn't want to give up a ton more than that, but he'd be a solid replacement for Amir.

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                I don't think there is any merit to this at all. It's one of those things that has enough plausible points that you could convince yourself (or a reader) that it makes sense. And wishful thinking makes it that much easier.

I don't see Denver trading Faried at this point but I've never been right about anything, so there's that...
                And as pointed out in the "Lets NBA" thread, Denvers GM has absolutely no clue what he's doing. So we have that going for us.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  Toronto could certainly help Denver tank, by offering expiring contracts (Amir & Fields/Hayes) and draft picks (2015 and/or one of their two 2016 1st round picks). I wouldn't want to give up a ton more than that, but he'd be a solid replacement for Amir.
                  Right now it would appear Denver needs no assistance in tanking.....

Comment

It makes perfect sense. Kenneth Faried is looking for a new home.
                    Last edited by tucas; Wed Nov 19, 2014, 11:32 AM.

Comment

You guys are really that high on Faried? I haven't much of the nuggets but I've heard he's not a very good defender. More of a hustle guy then anything else. I don't think I'd trade for him.

Comment

You didn't know? They specialize in sourcing/selling housing for traded NBA players.

They know.

Edit: oops duplicate thought
                        Last edited by Bendit; Wed Nov 19, 2014, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                          You didn't know? They specialize in sourcing/selling housing for traded NBA players.

They know.

Edit: oops duplicate thought
                          Stealing jokes. That's worse than calling someone a hater.

Comment

Stealing jokes. That's worse than calling someone a hater.
                            I deserve to be flogged.

Comment

that rehashed article is like 8 weeks old. i havent seen any actual legit source saying anything of the sort. why would anyone post a REALTORS site as a source? come on.

Comment

Working...
                              X