No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• delete post.... oops wrong thread.
      Last edited by stretch; Sat May 9, 2015, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        I like thought of Lucas a lot.

But looking at next year, anyone know the deal with Jamal Murray?

6'5" PG, 6'8" wingspan

MVP of Hoops Summit

Anyone have more information than draftexpress or youtube highlights?
        Looks like he likely will be back at Orangeville Prep and graduating in the class of 2016.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...ates/25959373/

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          I have said it before, but I really like Grant. He reminds of a better shooting Alvin Williams...although Alvin was clutch! I think Grant can run a team and be similar to a George Hill type player.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            I want him so bad!
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
              High flyers get there quicker....
              Not necessarily. To reach their max vert some people need a full windup

Some people can get close to their max vert quickly with a more compact movement

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                For a gut listed at 6'6" with a near 7' wing span he does not seem to get up very high.
                I'm not worried about that.

Diana Taurasi said it best on Grantland Basketball Hour this week (https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...PvUzFqoE#t=265).

"You need guys who can play basketball. This isn't the nfl draft. You could run, you could jump, but if you don't know when to do it, who cares?"

So my question is: can the guy play? Does he know how to use the physical gifts (wingspan, height, etc) that he has, and more importantly does he understand the game?

I worry about drafting "athletes first" these days. We did it with Demar and it turned out OK, but i think this season has shown us that our team severely lacks brains. I want some basketball players.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

Diana Taurasi said it best on Grantland Basketball Hour this week (https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...PvUzFqoE#t=265).

"You need guys who can play basketball. This isn't the nfl draft. You could run, you could jump, but if you don't know when to do it, who cares?"

So my question is: can the guy play? Does he know how to use the physical gifts (wingspan, height, etc) that he has, and more importantly does he understand the game?

I worry about drafting "athletes first" these days. We did it with Demar and it turned out OK, but i think this season has shown us that our team severely lacks brains. I want some basketball players.
                  Please oh please...

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

I am not sold that Lucas is a player...or an athlete at this stage in his career. He is not close to NBA ready and would be a project at best. We already have Bruno and Bebe filling that role on the roster. I personally don't want anything to do with George Lucas on the Raptors.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                      I am not sold that Lucas is a player...or an athlete at this stage in his career. He is not close to NBA ready and would be a project at best. We already have Bruno and Bebe filling that role on the roster. I personally don't want anything to do with George Lucas on the Raptors.
                      I don't really know much about him. Anyways I don't mean that we should only draft guys who can play right away and wouldn't really expect "NBA ready" from a rookie. My point is mainly that I want to see us draft guys who, to quote paul pierce, have "it": the mental side to understand and learn the game, and that pure athleticism isn't a good enough draft justification for me anymore.

Comment

• The Nike Hoop Summit cast some doubts on Lucas' ability to handle the ball. Jamal Murray, who is also a combo guard and is ranked the number 27 prospect in the class of 2016 (possible 2017 NBA draft entry), really outshone Lucas in every way for that game.

Comment

• http://cdn2.streamable.com/video/8ed...550700d1d.webm

I really like Tyler Harvey. He was the leading scorer in the regular season and scored well against Georgetown in the tourny. He can create his own shot very well and that is really hard to do. Good value in the second round (raps dont currently have a second round pick tho)

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                            http://cdn2.streamable.com/video/8ed...550700d1d.webm

I really like Tyler Harvey. He was the leading scorer in the regular season and scored well against Georgetown in the tourny. He can create his own shot very well and that is really hard to do. Good value in the second round (raps dont currently have a second round pick tho)
                            Great find. This kid looks heavily influenced by Steph Curry. Any scouting reports out there? How's his defence?

Comment

• do you guys like anyone around 10?
                              I think miami is the most likely option for trading down because keeping that starting 5 together is going to be expensive assuming dragic opts out, and they have a pretty short window with some holes on the bench
                              they may be willing to take ross and 20 to add some shooting off the bench and insurance on the wings for wade and deng

if that were possible though, id probably want to flip 10 and lowry to get in the top 5 which la, ny or sac might find appealing

Comment

• The player near the top that would be feasible to get would be Hezonja, but we'd most likely need the 6-7th pick to get him.

Something like 2015 1st + Ross + Our 2016 1st maybe???
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X