The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mess wrote: View Post

And after all that, I don't think it's a realistic trade anyway. That guy's next tweet was:

...and that's completely the opposite of what every other person has been saying about the draft. So just keep a salt shaker by the keyboard today.
    Actually Hezonja is the better player right now. The reason he hasn't worked out for teams is because Real Madrid is still in the playoffs and he plays a fairly important role for them. He could totally be drafted early.

I don't doubt their were discussions, I just think Denver leaked this to leverage a trade elsewhere. Toronto likely said no for the reasoning I already gave. Someone else already posted that Stein has Galli going somewhere else...

Mind you, this is the season for GM lies, so this guy's sources could be playing him as well.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
      Then find those scouts. Furthermore, not my point. Next year is a way better draft. Why would you give short term help to a team when you own their pick next year? Isn't that self-defeating? Why reach this year, when next year is significantly deeper?

Even if what you say is true, and all those guys project higher than DeMar, well all the guys in the top 10 next year project way higher than these guys (And have less medical issues). So why would you mess with that pick?

Stop looking at the tree and look at the forest. Don't concentrate on the finger and miss all the heavenly glory... Chess is played 3 plays ahead not at your current move.

You could improve a little with your move and a lot if you can find a way to sabotage both Denver and NY. At the very least, don't help them.
      Um but on the other hand, Denver would also be picking 13 spots lower in this year's draft. The #7 player would theoretically be a lot more ready and able to produce this season than the #20. And if Denver trades Faried and Lawson, the #7 would likely be getting a lot of burn.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Not pointless. If you're trading the right to swap picks then you're placing a bet. Gamblers who actually win don't place bets if they don't understand their odds or their competition.
        If there is a chance to move a flawed player such as DeRozan to move up to a top 7 pick where after the top 2-3 is anyone guess where the chips may fall, and simultaneous have a very solid chance to actually get a guy that will be better than DeRozan, it's a no brainer.

If we're talking about ceiling and skills and abilities, there is no question to me that #7 can get us a guy that in a couple years will be better than anyone we have at the position they play.
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          I would agree.

I am high on Mudiay.

Raises an interesting question of what happens to Lowry?
          If this trade goes through Lowry is next out the door. Lakers, Kings and maybe NYC as suitors.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• ISO DD on Denver would actually make them lose more games and kill the chemistry of the team and offence. Pull the trigger Masai! Quick before they come to their senses...
            #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              If this trade goes through Lowry is next out the door. Lakers, Kings and maybe NYC as suitors.
              assuming it is mudiay

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                If we're talking about ceiling and skills and abilities, there is no question to me that #7 can get us a guy that in a couple years will be better than anyone we have at the position they play.
                Curious, who's the guy you're referring to?

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  Where did Lyles come from? and only 1 guy said Kaminsky.

Hezo, Winslow, Mudiay. All will be better than DD.
                  Lets wait till they play a game first
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                    If we make that trade to draft Kaminsky I'll throw up.
                    Don't scare me like that!
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      The trade actually makes Denver worse.

DD isn't good man. He doesn't add to wins. Sorry. There is more to the game that PPG.

Gallo produced 5 wins compared to 3.2 in 2/3 of the minutes!

he produces .168 wins per 48 compared to DD .073.

Oh my goodness. This is a no brainer for Toronto.
                      DeMar doesn't add to wins? Pre injury what was Toronto's win percentage? Post injury what was Toronto's win percentage?

He's the best team defender the Raps have. That sad, but that's what it is.

I'm not saying don't move him, I'm saying, if the move you make, makes the team you trade with better in the short term -- even if that improvement is just a one year anomaly you've sabotaged yourself.

I don't get what's so complicated about that.

While I'm, here stop using dated analytics to debate points. Teams use way more complicated algorithms.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        The value some people think Demar brings is truly baffling. Most of his supporters agree that he should be a 3rd/4th option yet want Superstar trade return.
                        If injury plagued jrue holiday can net u 2 top 10 picks. I don't see how derozan can't do the same
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• See, it's all explained here who will be there at #7.

https://twitter.com/SBNationNBA/stat...00844418461696
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Lets wait till they play a game first
                            Lol, but then it will be too late to make the trade. Duh
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I'm not saying don't move him, I'm saying, if the move you make, makes the team you trade with better in the short term -- even if that improvement is just a one year anomaly you've sabotaged yourself.

While I'm, here stop using dated analytics to debate points. Teams use way more complicated algorithms.
                              and one of those teams thinks gallo is a better player and run by a guy who has seen them both pretty closely.

also the part we don't get is the obviousness that demar immediately makes a team a winner.

Comment

DeMar doesn't add to wins? Pre injury what was Toronto's win percentage? Post injury what was Toronto's win percentage?

He's the best team defender the Raps have. That sad, but that's what it is.

Whatever man.

DD/20 and Gallo/7 is sick wicked and nasty awesomeness

Comment

Working...
                                X