No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No love for RJ Hunter on RR? Ross has disappointed so much that I automatically consider every shooter as possible pick.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      No love for RJ Hunter on RR? Ross has disappointed so much that I automatically consider every shooter as possible pick.
      29% on 7.4 attempts per game is a shooter?

That's a chucker right there.
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post

I think he just had an off year. I remember Bradley Beal not shooting that good from 3 his one year at Florida. Hunter was also a big fish in a small pond. Every game the main objective was to stop him. He'll be getting a lot more open looks in the NBA. I'm more worried about his D and toughness. What do like is that his a basketball chunkie
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post

You do realize he played for Georgia State right? They play in a high school gym. He was by far the only talented player on that team (and only played for them because his dad was the coach), they needed him to take every single shot and then some. Plus every single team they played desperately tried to double him based on that fact. The old stat sheet doesn't really work for Hunter, you gotta watch him play.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
            Do you remember Yi Jianlian? The guy who was amazing against chairs in workouts? That's who Martin reminds me of. He'll be above average on the offensive end, but I've never been excited about his game on the other side of the court. He also has a small wingspan (if that means anything).

His first year I wondered why he wouldn't just take games over, he had a coach that gave him the freedom to but he was incapable. In his 2nd he improved his scoring and grabbed those rebounds, but I would argue that the rebounds he got had more to do with who left LSU than any real development.

Most boards have him going in the 2nd round for a reason. MAYBE he can play some 3, but his outside shot gets mixed reviews. On offense he'll take contact, but on defense he's easily pushed around. He looks the part, but I've never thought that he could play the part of an NBA player.

But that's me. I think that there are PFs with more potential and SF's that fit the needs of the current roster better than him.
            Cool, you may be right. You've certainly seen more of him than I have. I agree RHJ, Wood etc. would be a good pick as well. I just thought the term old school was an odd thing to say from what I had seen.

These aren't chairs though. That's KAT and WCS.

Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              You do realize he played for Georgia State right? They play in a high school gym. He was by far the only talented player on that team (and only played for them because his dad was the coach), they needed him to take every single shot and then some. Plus every single team they played desperately tried to double him based on that fact. The old stat sheet doesn't really work for Hunter, you gotta watch him play.
              Totally agree with this, just want to add that he shot well in past seasons and he shot extremely well at the line, which in his case should be a better determinant for his shooting because of the reasons you mentioned. Also he has shot the ball very well in workouts, from what I hear.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/Nxl7GXuSmUQ
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Terry Rozier - June 18, 2015: https://youtu.be/GXH2nkbZRTU
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                    Cool, you may be right. You've certainly seen more of him than I have. I agree RHJ, Wood etc. would be a good pick as well. I just thought the term old school was an odd thing to say from what I had seen.

My bad, not saying HE's doing it against chairs, just that he reminded me of the guy who worked out against chairs.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/wjXs7JWQNXQ
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Terry Rozier - June 18, 2015: https://youtu.be/GXH2nkbZRTU
                        Let's see if I can embed all of these...plus....

Dan Tolzman

Tokoto

Rozier

and Hunter

Comment

• On days where the Raps workout draft prospects, are they playing any 3 v 3 or anything like that with Bruno, Bebe, DeAndre? I saw an interview with DeAndre saying that he was part of the workout, so hopefully Bruno is getting in there too. He could use all the scrimmaging he can get.

Also I wouldn't be disappointed at all with RJ Hunter. High BB IQ, good Shooter, good vision, Long, hard worker, capable secondary ball handler. Seems like a versatile player which is huge in the league right now. If Looney is gone, I wouldnt mind taking him at all, especially if they plan on trading DD or Ross. Only other guy I really like in this range is Wood, but he seems to be slipping so might be easy to trade for a late first/early second and get him there.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post

If you want this board to like a player, a video of him shooting a long, contested two is likely not your best plan of attack these days..

Comment

• Anthony Brown Shot 59.5% EFG on spot ups and 65.6 efg% on catch and shoot
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I have a feeling we are getting that 30th pick from GSW
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X