Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Think Chicago's Schedule Isn't All That Noticeably Tougher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Think Chicago's Schedule Isn't All That Noticeably Tougher?

Toronto
    Sun 04 vs Golden State / L
    Tue 06 @ Cleveland / L
    Wed 07 vs Boston / L
    Fri 09 @ Atlanta / L
    Sun 11 vs Chicago
    Mon 12 @ Detroit
    Wed 14 vs New York
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Chicago
    Tue 06 vs Milwaukee / L
    Thu 08 vs Cleveland / W
    Fri 09 @ New Jersey / L
    Sun 11 @ Toronto
    Tue 13 vs Boston
    Wed 14 @ Charlotte

If the Raps don't win this game against Golden State, (a distinct possibility, especially given how poorly they are known to do on back to backs, and their problems with quick trigger-happy guards - UPDATE: THEY DID NOT WIN) then Toronto may have to come in and clinch this thing against Detroit or New York. Given also that the Raps have no homestand, and will be travelling to a new city after each game, there is potential for disaster.

Chicago has a very similar schedule to the Raps. Tonight they managed to defeat the Bobcats, which makes things easier on them. Milwaukee is without Andrew Bogut. Also, take into consideration that they are playing Boston and Charlotte in the last two games of the year. At that point, all the seedings very well could be locked in and they might just decide to rest their starters, making it as if they were playing non-playoff teams.

Believe me, if the Raps falter at all, you can bet your ass that Chicago will be running over them on their way to the playoffs.
    Last edited by verbatim; Sat Apr 10, 2010, 11:45 AM.

Chicago have played one more game than the Raptors and are still one behind the Raps. Toronto also owns the tiebreaker (head-to-head record).

So, if the Raptors won only 3 of their 7 remaining games ... the Bulls would then have to win five of their six games to beat out the Raptors.

Chicago needs a miracle.
    nbaroundtable

Comment

Chicago -- one elite opponent, one very good opponent, one solid opponent and two poor-to-very poor opponents + the head-to-head with Toronto

Toronto -- one elite opponent, two very good opponents, three poor-to-very poor opponents + the head-to-head with Chicago

Chicago got lucky with the Andrew Bogut injury. That has eased their schedule considerably.

Yeah, I would agree -- following the Bogut injury + Phoenix Suns game (two difficult opponents out of the way) -- Chicago's schedule is not noticeably tougher than the Raptors ... hell, it's slightly easier. One less game plus one lesser above average opponent.

However, the Bulls have a lot of ground to make up so the slight schedule advantage doesn't change the likely outcome.
      Last edited by Dave; Sun Apr 4, 2010, 02:29 AM.
      nbaroundtable

Comment

verbatim wrote: View Post
        - - - - - - - - - - -
        Milwaukee
        Sat 03 vs Phoenix
        Tue 06 @ Chicago
        Wed 07 vs New Jersey
        Fri 09 @ Philadelphia
        Sat 10 vs Boston
        Mon 12 vs Atlanta
        Wed 14 @ Boston
        This is the Milwaukee Bucks schedule ... not the Chicago Bulls.

Chicago has -- Milwaukee and Cleveland at home. Then New Jersey and Toronto on the road. Then Boston at home and finishing up away to Charlotte.
        nbaroundtable

Comment

I don't believe the Bulls have what it takes to reach to 41 wins, in fact I will be shocked if they do.

I would also be shocked however if the Raptors don't get to 41 wins.

In essence I believe you just need 41 wins to get the final 8th spot.

3rd last game of the season, Raptors vs Bulls could very well decide that.

Comment

Chicago is absolutely capable of going 5 of 6. Boston and Cleveland are on auto-pilot. Milwaukee just lost Bogut. And they took down Charlotte today.

Comment

Impressive and even a bit scary how tenacious the Bulls are going at each game. I’m sure the Raptors are noticing. They could learn something by watching how they’ve been playing.

Comment

ws511 wrote: View Post
                Impressive and even a bit scary how tenacious the Bulls are going at each game. I’m sure the Raptors are noticing. They could learn something by watching how they’ve been playing.
                Honestly, if we don't get the 7th seed, for me making the 8th seed or not making the playoffs will not differ that much. I just want us to embarrassed in the playoffs by the sweep. I honestly think that Orlando is the best team we can face from the top 4 seeds. I also think catching the Bobcats will not be that hard, but we need our stupid coach to start coaching properly.... I swear we would have had at least 5 more wins if we had a half decent coach...
                Take out the salami and cheese MAMA, this ball gameeeeee is OVERRRR!

Comment

I think the Raptors will make it, but there's something to be said about the aggression with which Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah and the Bulls are playing. I saw the game against Charlotte last night and there's not quit in them, the Raptors will have to win the games they're "supposed to win". Like GSW, Detroit and Knicks.

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
                    This is the Milwaukee Bucks schedule ... not the Chicago Bulls.

Chicago has -- Milwaukee and Cleveland at home. Then New Jersey and Toronto on the road. Then Boston at home and finishing up away to Charlotte.
                    How embarrassing! Fixed!

Comment

Well, i foresee problems for this Raptors ball club in the homestretch. Chicago is tenacious and has all their players back.

Why Triano stubbornly refuses to play his best defenders when we can't get stops, I don't know. Why he won't consent that Bargnani doesn't alway play "big" on offence, so we may as well have a mobile defender out there to guard those quick guys GSW has.

Comment

Chicago rises and beats a team ahead of them in the hunt for the playoffs, 6 games left healthy, hungry and tenacious. Contrast that to the Raptors who lose to a team with 50+ loses, with 6 games left they are playing their worst ball of the season and Triano continues to confound by riding shit players.

I'm with Rose, The Bulls make the 8th spot

Comment

Chicago have played one more game than the Raptors and are still one behind the Raps. Toronto also owns the tiebreaker (head-to-head record).

So, if the Raptors won only 3 of their 7 remaining games ... the Bulls would then have to win five of their six games to beat out the Raptors.

Chicago needs a miracle.
                          wow i dont know how u got that but it looks like the Raps will in ninth by thursday.
                          "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Chicago -- one elite opponent, one very good opponent, one solid opponent and two poor-to-very poor opponents + the head-to-head with Toronto

Toronto -- one elite opponent, two very good opponents, three poor-to-very poor opponents + the head-to-head with Chicago

Chicago got lucky with the Andrew Bogut injury. That has eased their schedule considerably.

Yeah, I would agree -- following the Bogut injury + Phoenix Suns game (two difficult opponents out of the way) -- Chicago's schedule is not noticeably tougher than the Raptors ... hell, it's slightly easier. One less game plus one lesser above average opponent.

However, the Bulls have a lot of ground to make up so the slight schedule advantage doesn't change the likely outcome.
                            plus, team chemistry with guys poppin in and out with injuries, milwaukee may fall down a spot or two with bogut out and having to re-do chemistry.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Schedules are basically the same - But Toronto holds the tie-breaker.

Both teams are likely to go 3-3 or 2-4 which hands 8th to T-dot.
                              The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Working...
                              X