Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Think Chicago's Schedule Isn't All That Noticeably Tougher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In case of you need (most likely scenario at the end of season)

TIEBREAKER BASIS:
    (-) Tie breaker not needed (better overall winning percentage)
    (1) Division leader wins tie from team not leading a division
    (2) Head-to-head won-lost percentage
    (3) Division won-lost percentage
    (4) Conference won-lost percentage
    (5) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, own conference
    (6) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, other conference
    (7) Net Points, all games

Playoff Tie-Break Procedures

Teams 1 to 4 in each conference are the three division winners and the team with the next best regular-season record, with the seeding of these four teams determined by regular-season record. The playoffs seedings of Teams 5 to 8 are based upon regular-season record. Ties are broken pursuant to the rules set forth below.

Ties for playoff positions (including division winners) will be broken utilizing the criteria set forth in subparagraph a. below (in the case of ties involving two teams) and subparagraph b. below (in the case of ties involving more than two teams), and the guidelines set forth in subparagraph c. below.

a. Two Teams Tied b. More Than Two Teams Tied
    (1) Better winning percentage in games against each other . (1) Better winning percentage in all games among the tied teams.
    (2) Better winning percentage against teams in own division (only if tied teams are in same division). (2) Better winning percentage against teams in own division (only if all tied teams are in the same division).
    (3) Better winning percentage against teams in own conference. (3) Better winning percentage against teams in own conference.
    (4) Better winning percentage against teams eligible for playoffs in own conference (including teams that finished the regular season tied for a playoff position). (4) Better winning percentage against teams eligible for playoffs in own conference (including teams that finished the regular season tied for a playoff position).
    (5) Better winning percentage against teams eligible for playoffs in opposite conference (including teams that finished the regular season tied for a playoff position). (5) Better net result of total points scored less total points allowed against all opponents ("point differential").
    (6) Better net result of total points scored less total points allowed against all opponents ("point differential").

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
      Yep, so the Raptors are in no danger of losing next year's pick if they're due a lottery pick

Not next season and not for three more years after that. Five years of lottery protection. Plenty of time for the Raptors to work themselves out of the lottery, build a quality team, and only lose a lesser draft pick.

A pick less valuable than the #12 they could get this summer.
      The pick is only protected through 2014 not the 2015 as you stated. If the Raptors fail to make the playoffs in every year between 2010 and 2014 the pick automatically goes to the Heat in 2015. No protection in 2015 as you stated.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        The pick is only protected through 2014 not the 2015 as you stated. If the Raptors fail to make the playoffs in every year between 2010 and 2014 the pick automatically goes to the Heat in 2015. No protection in 2015 as you stated.
        Ah sorry, I missed what you were saying. It was a typo in my first post.

Okay, edited that now. Sorry about the mix up.
        nbaroundtable

Comment

Working...
        X