Suns Raptors
    PG Goran Dragic PG Kyle Lowry
    SG Eric Bledsoe SG Demar Derozan
    SF Marcus Morris SF Terrence Ross
    PF Markieff Morris PF Amir Johnson
    C Miles Plumlee C Jonas Valanciunas
    Last Time we Met:
    MARCH 16, 2014 PHOENIX 121, TORONTO 113
    TORONTO - Markieff Morris had 16 points and 14 rebounds and Gerald Green scored 13 of his 28 points in the fourth quarter as the Phoenix Suns beat the Toronto Raptors 121-113 on Sunday ... Goran Dragic scored 19 points, Eric Bledsoe had 14 and P.J. Tucker 11 for the Suns ... Bench scoring was a big edge for Phoenix, whose reserves outscored Toronto's 59-11 ... Kyle Lowry had 28 points and 13 assists, and Terrence Ross scored 22 points as Toronto lost at home for the first time since a tripleovertime defeat to Washington on Feb. 27, snapping a four-game winning streak at Air Canada Centre … Amir Johnson scored 20 points, DeMar DeRozan had 17 and Jonas Valanciunas 15 as the Atlantic Divisionleading Raptors lost for the first time in three games ... Green scored five points and Markieff Morris had four as the Suns opened the fourth with an 11-2 run to lead 107-92 with 7:26 remaining ... Phoenix called timeout after Lowry converted a three-point play with 4:08 left, cutting the deficit to 114-107 ... After the stoppage, Marcus Morris tipped in his brother's missed shot to halt a 6-0 Toronto run, and the Raptors didn't challenge again ... Phoenix outrebounded Toronto 45-26.

Game Notes:
    • The Toronto Raptors return home Monday to face the Phoenix Suns. Toronto is 8-1 at Air Canada Centre and is tied with Portland for most home victories in the NBA this season. Monday’s matchup will feature two of the top offences in the league as Toronto (106.9) and Phoenix (105.3) rank third and fifth, respectively, in the NBA in scoring. The two teams have combined to score 100+ points in 20 of their 27 games played. Guard Kyle Lowry averaged 24.5 points and 10.0 assists in two games against the Suns last season.
    • Toronto is 9-0 this season when leading after three quarters. Dating back to the start of last season, the Raptors are now 44-2 when ahead entering the fourth, including a perfect 26-0 at Air Canada Centre. Toronto has won 34 straight games when leading after three quarters. The Raptors have outscored opponents in the fourth quarter in 10 -of-13 games this season and lead the NBA with a +60 (340-to-280) scoring differential in the final quarter. Guard Lou Williams leads the team in fourth quarter scoring with 52 points in 87 minutes played.
    • Guard Lou Williams scored a career high 36 points Saturday night at Cleveland. Williams shot 9-for-19 from the field and a perfect 15-for-15 at the charity stripe - matching his career high for made free throws. Williams became the eighth Raptor to score 30+ points off the bench and first since Alan Anderson (Mar. 22, 2013 vs. New York). He is the only player in team history to make 15 free throws in a single game as a reserve. Williams has now scored in double figures off the bench in nine of the last 10 games (Nov. 4-22).
    • Saturday’s victory at Cleveland marked the second time in franchise history the Raptors overcame an 18+ point deficit and won by double figures (Last: Nov. 13, 2009 at L.A. Clippers, down 22, W104-89). Toronto has now won five games this season when trailing by double digits - most in the NBA.
    • The Raptors shot .905 (38-of-42) at the free throw line Saturday at Cleveland. Toronto set a single game franchise record for free throw percentage when attempting at least 40 free throws. Guard Lou Williams (15-for-15) became just the third player in team history to shoot perfect at the stripe when attempting 15 or more free throws; joining Mike James (18-for-18) and Chris Bosh (17-for-17). The Raptors currently rank second in the NBA in both free throw made (24.0) and attempted (30.0) per game, trailing only Sacramento in both categories.
    • Guard Kyle Lowry has scored 18+ points in six straight games (Nov. 11-22) - the second longest streak of his areer (11 games - Mar. 9-26, 2014). Lowry is averaging 19.8 points, 5.3 rebounds and 6.3 assists, while shooting 472 (42-of-89) from the field during this stretch.
    • The Raptors are 3-0 against West Conference opponents this season. Toronto (16-14) was one of four Eastern onference teams with a .500 record against the Western last season, along with Miami (20-10), Indiana (18-12) and Brooklyn (18-12). The Raptors finished with a .500 record against the Western Conference for the first time since 1999-00 (16-12).
    • Toronto had a 51-19 advantage in bench scoring Nov. 22 at Cleveland. The Raptors’ bench has scored 108 points over the last two games (Nov. 21-22) and scored 40+ points in three of the last four (Nov. 15-22) contests. Toronto ranks seventh in the NBA in bench scoring (37.7). Phoenix ranks first in the league in reserve points (46.5).

Keys to the Game:

+ Strong Guard Play
    + Feed Jonas Early
    + Set the Tone Early

Key Match-Ups

vs.

Lets Go Raptors!!

Scared of this one.

Comment

12-2 thanks to home advantage. LETS GO RAPS!
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Start strong and we win.

#IBelieve

#WeTheFourth
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

If Joey keeps us winning, the crowd needs to start "Joey" chants at the next Raps game.
          OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
            If Joey keeps us winning, the crowd needs to start "Joey" chants at the next Raps game.
            If Joey changes his name to Bruno, I think we can get this done.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
              If Joey changes his name to Bruno, I think we can get this done.
              Hahaha Its my Dogs name actually, and he loves to sit by the TV and watch the ball get whipped around; so I was laughing pretty hysterically when they were chanting his name.

Comment

Tough game.

Toronto can win it if they remain intense and aggressive.

Comment

So far, we've lost to two teams with a) great coaching and b) continuity.

The West has way more teams like that than the East. Will be interested in how the Raptors handle the Suns, Mavs, Trailblazers, Warriors and San Antonio.

For some reason, teams like the Rockets, Kings and the Clippers scare me less. They have talent but they're not particularly well-coached.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                    Hahaha Its my Dogs name actually, and he loves to sit by the TV and watch the ball get whipped around; so I was laughing pretty hysterically when they were chanting his name.
                    Put some grown up pics up in the doggy thread.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post

The West has way more teams like that than the East. Will be interested in how the Raptors handle the Suns, Mavs, Trailblazers, Warriors and San Antonio.

For some reason, teams like the Rockets, Kings and the Clippers scare me less. They have talent but they're not particularly well-coached.
                      Hmm, you dont like Rivers? With the Raps now (and coaching) if they can control CP the Clips can be beat. I know its difficult but so is Lebron.

Comment

Not too sure how you figure Miami has continuity. Huge turnover this summer, I think they lost some James guy

Comment

this is a horrible matchup for us
                          phoenix can run run run in transition and from what ive seen, our transition defense is putrid esp in the early stages of the game
                          also phoenix likes to play a lot of small ball, which is really weak for us when JJ is out
                          expect to see a lot of pj tucker and morris at the 4 to expose the slow footed amir johnson

they have a lot of guys that can get hot quickly, so it will be interesting to see how we are going to handle them

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Hmm, you dont like Rivers? With the Raps now (and coaching) if they can control CP the Clips can be beat. I know its difficult but so is Lebron.
                            Rivers strikes me as a great locker room leader and a so-so GM/coach.

In regards to Miami, you have to give Spoelstra and the Heat organization credit. The players they have have bought in and seeing how they perform compared to Cleveland just proves that chemistry and coaching still matters. They have every excuse to roll over but obviously between Wade, Bosh and Spoelstra there is enough leadership and professionalism to at least stay competitive.

Comment

Rivers strikes me as a great locker room leader and a so-so GM/coach.

In regards to Miami, you have to give Spoelstra and the Heat organization credit. The players they have have bought in and seeing how they perform compared to Cleveland just proves that chemistry and coaching still matters. They have every excuse to roll over but obviously between Wade, Bosh and Spoelstra there is enough leadership and professionalism to at least stay competitive.
                              I actually think the Heat will be more successful than the Cavs this year. The Cavs are just a stinking mess of a team right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X