Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Mavericks looking better than they actually are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas Mavericks looking better than they actually are?

Not fully convinced they're as good as their record just yet.

They've played:
    Spurs : L 101 - 100
    Jazz : W 120 - 102
    Pelicans : W 109 - 104
    Celtics : W 118 - 113
    Portland : L 108-87
    Jazz : W 105 - 82
    Heat : L 105 - 96
    Kings : W - 98 - 106
    76ers : W - 70 - 123
    Timberwolves : W 117 - 131
    Hornets : W 107 - 80
    Wizards : W 105 - 102
    Lakers : W 106 - 140
    Rockets : L 92 - 95
    Pacers : L 111 - 100

Basically the only 'quality win' is against the wizards. the rest is a huge pile of bottom feeders (sorry Kings, you guys still suck despite the hype). we should be able to take these guys out this friday no problem.

same could be said of us
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
      same could be said of us
      We beat Memphis, Washington, Cavs, and Suns. Those are quality wins.

Dallas quality wins include: Washington (by 3), and Kings
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        We beat Memphis, Washington, Cavs, and Suns. Those are quality wins.

Dallas quality wins include: Washington (by 3), and Kings
        Gotta include New Orleans in that list then for Dallas, considering they've got a better record than the Cavs.

Good teams beat teams they are supposed to. Its that simple for me. Wins are wins. I'd rather have an easy schedule to start the year than a difficult one and place yourself behind the 8-Ball and play catch up all year.

Comment

At the risk of repeating myself, I agree with Joey re "wins are wins" especially at this point of the season. There is a certain arbitrary smell of assigning the "quality" tag to wins or teams this early....but what doesnt change is the record to date no matter the teams you beat.. which can be very impactful of course on seeding at the end. For myself, it is of course of great cheer when the Raptors beat the historically good/tough teams because it lends to at least assuming that our talent/quality is increasing. The other factor is psychological...up for the Raps and fearsome for the (quality) opponent especially when the playoffs come around and if we meet them there. A series is much different from a one-off.These are all one-offs at this time. So, win as many.

Comment

Agree with Bendit. The games against inferior teams are usually harder to prepare for mentally since players think of those games as stat nights and try things they wouldn't if the opponent was say... Spurs. Plus teams like the Raptors are "expected" to win these games and expectations can sometimes get in the way if the inferior opponent starts the game off on fire. The Mavs were looked upon as a darkhorse heading into the season with some guys taking it even further and calling them contenders in the West. I'm not surprised by their results, but any team with good guardplay can murder them. Ellis, Monta, Harris, Barea are all turnstiles.
            Last edited by kopite91; Tue Nov 25, 2014, 06:47 PM. Reason: spelling
            Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

we beat PHX barely, a Cavs team with no identity yet, a Memphis team missing its best wing guys and Washington without Beal. Wins are wins but if you wanna dig into the nitty gritty we have 10 home games already as well as an advantage. Although we are 12-2 and that represents the best record in the league I would not say we ARE the best team in the league presently
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

There's no point in discussing it now, TIME will tell. Let's revive this thread in January.
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Dallas is a contender in the tough Western conference. Rick Carlisle is one of the most underrated coaches. Dirk is a hall-of-famer. Mark Cuban is one of the best owners.

They gave the Spurs the toughest series in last year's playoffs and have improved their roster with the addition of the 2 Chandlers.

With relation to the Raptors, it was Rick Carlisle who recommended Dwane Casey to Colangelo as our head coach, after they won in 2011.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                    we beat PHX barely, a Cavs team with no identity yet, a Memphis team missing its best wing guys and Washington without Beal. Wins are wins but if you wanna dig into the nitty gritty we have 10 home games already as well as an advantage. Although we are 12-2 and that represents the best record in the league I would not say we ARE the best team in the league presently
                    Ya well thats why no one likes you thead. You're a bigger buzzkill than Buzz Killington...

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                      Dallas is a contender in the tough Western conference. Rick Carlisle is one of the most underrated coaches. Dirk is a hall-of-famer. Mark Cuban is one of the best owners.

They gave the Spurs the toughest series in last year's playoffs and have improved their roster with the addition of the 2 Chandlers.

With relation to the Raptors, it was Rick Carlisle who recommended Dwane Casey to Colangelo as our head coach, after they won in 2011.
                      they also just got taken to OT by the knicks without carmelo. bahaha.

Comment

Bad defensive teams can lose to anybody. Either its a high scoring game or Toronto blow out Dallas like the Bucks. If the game is close Dirk has a better than 50% chance of winning the game.

Comment

Don't forget that Dallas is also incorporating new players into their starting lineup. Chandler Parsons, and Jameer Nelson are both learning Carlisle's system and Tyson Chandler is re-acquainting himself. 3 of 5 starters weren't on this team last year. This team is talented and excellently coached. They will only get stronger as the year progresses.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                            Don't forget that Dallas is also incorporating new players into their starting lineup. Chandler Parsons, and Jameer Nelson are both learning Carlisle's system and Tyson Chandler is re-acquainting himself. 3 of 5 starters weren't on this team last year. This team is talented and excellently coached. They will only get stronger as the year progresses.
                            I have a feeling Casey has some plans for Chandler-control.

Comment

This should be a great game. Can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                              X