• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lance Stephenson anyone?
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

Lance Stephenson anyone?
      oh god no. Not that cancer. MKG for picks?
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I also think we should look into Jeff Green trades if rumors are true.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

oh god i'd be all over mkg
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            gonna echo the henson/harris/mcdaniels sentiments

all good, getable players. henson for rim protection (desperately needed), harris for size and scoring on the wing and mcdaniels as a defensive stopper, like JJ but better/less crazy.
            Henson is garbage - lol

Comment

MKG & Biyombo for Ross and Hansbrough.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                MKG & Biyombo for Ross and Hansbrough.
                For the record, I don't think Charlotte does this unless we throw a 1st rounder in.

And I wouldn't do this until DeRozan gets back. The Raps need shooting until then, and MKG doesn't really have it.

Biyombo is a pretty cool player to have, though. Elite rim protector, though not really anything else.
                That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Also not much of a sleeper target

---

Wasn't part of the premise that a "sleeper" is someone who could potentially break out into a much larger impact/role? Doesn't that pretty much rule out all veterans who are known quantities?
                  It's a sleeper in the way the Donaldson trade was a sleeper. As in no one was expecting it and then BAM all-star in your face!
                  Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                  Because its 2015

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
                    For the record, I don't think Charlotte does this unless we throw a 1st rounder in.

And I wouldn't do this until DeRozan gets back. The Raps need shooting until then, and MKG doesn't really have it.

Biyombo is a pretty cool player to have, though. Elite rim protector, though not really anything else.
                    I would rather get Vonleh from Charlotte. I've heard they really want to make the playoffs this year, so basically the only two players off the table are Big Al and Walker. They seem to need a better 4 (legitimate stretch 4/better defensively) and more shooting in general.

I think I've said this before, but Vonleh had tremendous measurements and he seems to have good form on his shot. He hasn't played much yet, I think because he had an injury in the preseason and training camp and he is still fairly raw. From all I've heard, he is very eager to play and I've watched him when he plays and he has a lot of energy, even though he plays in garbage minutes.

Vonleh's highlights against Dallas, in the regular season: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHQLFMre7tc

Vonleh's highlights in summer league vs Dallas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uflb3lt7D9A

I would say that the Raps should wait out the season before trading someone REALLY important, but I think Charlotte may be desperate, so the Raps could get a much better deal now. Sounds like MJ really wants success with the return of the Hornets.

Semi-related: I feel like MU will be pretty active in trade talks after December 15, and seeing what he has done thus far, I would bet that he goes for potential, in prospects or picks.

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                      It's a sleeper in the way the Donaldson trade was a sleeper. As in no one was expecting it and then BAM all-star in your face!
                      True...fair enough

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                        I would rather get Vonleh from Charlotte. I've heard they really want to make the playoffs this year, so basically the only two players off the table are Big Al and Walker. They seem to need a better 4 (legitimate stretch 4/better defensively) and more shooting in general.

I think I've said this before, but Vonleh had tremendous measurements and he seems to have good form on his shot. He hasn't played much yet, I think because he had an injury in the preseason and training camp and he is still fairly raw. From all I've heard, he is very eager to play and I've watched him when he plays and he has a lot of energy, even though he plays in garbage minutes.

Vonleh's highlights against Dallas, in the regular season: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHQLFMre7tc

Vonleh's highlights in summer league vs Dallas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uflb3lt7D9A

I would say that the Raps should wait out the season before trading someone REALLY important, but I think Charlotte may be desperate, so the Raps could get a much better deal now. Sounds like MJ really wants success with the return of the Hornets.

Semi-related: I feel like MU will be pretty active in trade talks after December 15, and seeing what he has done thus far, I would bet that he goes for potential, in prospects or picks.
                        I was all over vonleh last year.

I still think the kid will be very good.

His work ethic is supposed to be amazing.

Not sure who keeps Raps in contention and helps Charlotte that would get a deal done - if at all.

But yeah, I like vonleh.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          I was all over vonleh last year.

I still think the kid will be very good.

His work ethic is supposed to be amazing.

Not sure who keeps Raps in contention and helps Charlotte that would get a deal done - if at all.

But yeah, I like vonleh.
                          I was kind of thinking the same thing. They could use Ross for catch and shoot (and would be one of their best 2 way players), as their current roster lacks shooting, but they also have so many wing players. Their only semi reliable catch and shoot guy right now is PJ Hairston, but he is a defensive liability right now. They may look at Amir or PP, but PP isn't much of an upgrade. Amir could really help the defense and it wouldn't be a long term commitment for them, but injuries would be a concern for them. Obviously either of those poses issues for the Raps as well.
                          Last edited by DogeLover1234; Mon Dec 1, 2014, 09:09 PM.

Comment

I was kind of thinking the same thing. They could use Ross for catch and shoot (and would be one of their best 2 way players), as their current roster lacks shooting, but they also have so many wing players. Their only semi reliable catch and shoot guy right now is PJ Hairston, but he is a defensive liability right now. They may look at Amir or PP, but PP isn't much of an upgrade. Amir could really help the defense and it wouldn't be a long term commitment for them, but injuries would be a concern for them. Obviously either of those poses issues for the Raps as well.
                            Don't see how you could trade Amir or PP and not have a significant enough drop off for raps though.

Comment

So do we

Comment

I don't see the needs of those kind of trades right now. Ross for MKG when your starting SG can't shoot the 3? Then you'd be willing to trade Amir for Bismack? Wait. Summer will come soon enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X