Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    So do we
    MU would have to find someway to replace this. Maybe Wilson Chandler on the Nuggets. They will probably be looking to clear out some cap space and give some more minutes to some of their young guys, as I imagine they will be in the lottery. MU could probably turn Fields and some sweetener into Wilson Chandler (he is the magician). I really like Ross, so I'm not sure I would give him to Charlotte but many seem to be down on him.

Comment

MKG isn't going anywhere. Charlotte will consider trading him, but they'll ask wayyyy too much. Besides which, anything we could trade for MKG would be expensive, because Charlotte wants/needs shooters and all our best shooters are vital to our offensive scheme.

Ed Davis for Hansbrough is probably the best sleeper trade we can make. There's nothing Hansbrough can do that Special Ed can't do better except draw stupid fouls, which is not really a skill we need that badly; Ed is a better rebounder, better scorer, better shot blocker, better everything, and he's also DeMar's best friend and already knows how to work with Dwane Casey. Plus LA wants to free up salary for next year when they chase free agents, and even though Ed's salary is a bargain Psycho T's expiring salary means a couple million more in room for LA to fruitlessly chase Rondo or Marc Gasol or whoever.

Comment

We can do better than Ed and Hansborough, both of whom shouldn't see the floor for this Raptors team.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Don't see how you could trade Amir or PP and not have a significant enough drop off for raps though.
          I'd be willing to sacrifice PP for Vonleh. PP and a pick might get it done.

JJ would need to play more PF minutes and we'd likely have to get some more minutes from Fields (or even Bruno) at the wing. But between Hans, JJ, Fields - we should be fine.

Only concern would be can the coaching staff develop 3 very raw talents at the same time. Are there enough minutes in the day? That said, Vonleh is going to be an all-star PF in this league. Too much talent and too much work ethic for it not to happen.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Anyone keeping tack of Shabazz Mohammed? I haven't seen too many Timberwolves games, but looking at their game logs it looks like he's getting minutes and starting to produce. Not sure if anyone has any analysis of his usage on that team, but might be a sleeper to keep an eye on.

Comment

forget this noise.

time to break out Bruno

Comment

Once again, I'm gonna bring back up Demarre Carroll....... cheap, young, and a solid glue guy. Exactly what the Raps need, and everyone agrees....
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I was all over vonleh last year.

I still think the kid will be very good.

His work ethic is supposed to be amazing.

Not sure who keeps Raps in contention and helps Charlotte that would get a deal done - if at all.

But yeah, I like vonleh.
                  Three way trade?

Lee and Ross (2nds?) to CHA
                  Barnes and Vonleh come back
                  Landry and Hands (picks?) to GS

GS giving up a lot, seemingly for nothing, but a couple firsts (our 2016 and 2018 or 2015 and one 2016, since we're already pretty young) and that invaluable cap space to resign Klay and Green could be enticing
                  A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

I was all over vonleh last year.

I still think the kid will be very good.

His work ethic is supposed to be amazing.

Not sure who keeps Raps in contention and helps Charlotte that would get a deal done - if at all.

But yeah, I like vonleh.
                    i thought Vonleh's work ethic was what caused him to drop in the draft?
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                      Three way trade?

Lee and Ross (2nds?) to CHA
                      Barnes and Vonleh come back
                      Landry and Hands (picks?) to GS

GS giving up a lot, seemingly for nothing, but a couple firsts (our 2016 and 2018 or 2015 and one 2016, since we're already pretty young) and that invaluable cap space to resign Klay and Green could be enticing
                      Don't think the numbers work and someone would need to take Lance since CHA isn't giving up Vonleh for David Lee and his contract

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        i thought Vonleh's work ethic was what caused him to drop in the draft?
                        Can't imagine that. He's a gym rat. When he was around 14, his family traveled to Disney. He skipped Disney and just got his mom to drop him off at the local YMCA so he could shoot hoops. Every day his family went to Disney while he played ball.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

hmmm what was it that made him drop then?
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                            Can't imagine that. He's a gym rat. When he was around 14, his family traveled to Disney. He skipped Disney and just got his mom to drop him off at the local YMCA so he could shoot hoops. Every day his family went to Disney while he played ball.
                            Wow, that's very specific knowledge

Comment

it's almost like Axel IS Vonleh
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

you know, otto porter's a guy i think you could get. maybe not easily, but i've liked what i've seen from him this year. he's playing with a lot more intelligence and it seems like the game has really slowed down for him.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X