Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Sorry to nitpick this one sentence out of this, but:

How do we know that DD is a big reason why this team functions so well?
    We had the 2nd best offence with DD on the floor. Do you think that it will become the number 1 offense without him?

DD attracts a lot of attention from opposing defenses when he gets the ball, as well as keeps defense honest when he's off the ball. One of the reasons why our starting line-up is so effective is that every one of our starters is a threat to score, without giving up anything defensively.

Without DD it will be a lot easier for teams to double Lowry and Ross, if JJ replaces him. Or teams can attack or post-up Lou Williams on the defensive end, if he replaces him. Can you imagine Lou Williams guarding the likes of Lebron or Joe Johnson on a switch?

I'm sure the team will be fine against the Lakers tonight, but a competent defensive team should be able to double-team the crap out of us or exploit mismatches. It reminds me of an interview I read with Mo Pete, years ago, when Vince was injured. Suddenly Mo P was getting all the doubles and ball pressure Vince had, because he was the only viable offensive option on the team at the time. Needless to say, it takes years of experience and skill development facing that kind defense to know what to do against it.

Comment

• Perimeter play will suffer without DD. So we will have to go inside. If JV is ready then he has to deliver. Amir/Patterson as well.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I'm more worried about the guards being ready to run the pick and roll properly and trust their bigs.

Comment

• The word from Marc J. Spears early this morning is that DeMar will be out a month (at least). Remember, you do not want him to come back early or he could reinjure himself. I mention this because if DeMar himself says "four weeks," you know that is the best case scenario the doctors presented to him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source-...013058051.html

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
            3 per game in Q4, average.
            Ah OK.

Comment

• In response to Mc Happpy:
              He is by far the most versatile and demanding scorer on the team. The best scorer that we have. The attention he gets from defenders is a large part of what enables our other starters and some role players to appear efficient. Enjoy splitting hairs and hoping for the best from the kids and the bench. Your cynicism is unbecoming for a fan, or are you a tank advocate in waiting? Either way, you'll appreciate Demar more after the next month whether you like him or not.
              Last edited by Quest; Sun Nov 30, 2014, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Quest wrote: View Post
                In response to Mc Happpy:
                He is by far the most versatile and demanding scorer on the team. The best scorer that we have. The attention he gets from defenders is a large part of what enables our other starters and some role players to appear efficient. Enjoy splitting hairs and hoping for the best from the kids and the bench. Your cynicism is unbecoming for a fan, or are you a tank advocate in waiting? Either way, you'll appreciate Demar more after the next month whether you like him or not.
                Go Raptors!

Comment

• Meh, at least McHAPPY operates with some level of logic.

The guy I don't understand is OldSkoolCool. He rips on DeMar all the time and posted in another thread that Dion Waiters is a better player earlier this year. Just don't get his views on basketball.

Comment

• NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
                    Meh, at least McHAPPY operates with some level of logic.

The guy I don't understand is OldSkoolCool. He rips on DeMar all the time and posted in another thread that Dion Waiters is a better player earlier this year. Just don't get his views on basketball.
                    Hey-O!

Sometimes my opinions do come straight out of left field, but I'm ok with that. There have been more than a few occasions where after a year or so ppl post the same thing I was talking about and get agreement...just a FoTM thing. Though of course I am wrong sometimes as well.

As for the Waiters thing, honestly if he were not on the Cavs and was taught properly, he could be a very good player. Wade-esque almost. Alas he plays for the Cavs, a franchise that has been more poorly run than the Raptors (and that is saying a lot)

Comment

• Wth has Waiters shown that makes him Wade-esque? The fact that he's a 6'4 SG? He's been less efficient than DD on less volume.

Comment

• NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
                        Wth has Waiters shown that makes him Wade-esque? The fact that he's a 6'4 SG? He's been less efficient than DD on less volume.
                        Play style. Something that is completely unrelated to numbers.

Comment

• Based on performance in Laker game I think we are in serious trouble moving forward and may need to re - think our approach to the season especially playoff positioning .

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            Play style. Something that is completely unrelated to numbers.
                            Dude let's be real with ourselves here lol. Dion Waiters is not better than DeRozan.

And saying he plays like Wade doesn't really mean shit. DeRozan plays like Kobe, he's nowhere near as good... Waiters is even farther away from being Wade.

Comment

• I wonder were all those people where that thought DD going down was a blessing in disguise?

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                                I wonder were all those people where that thought DD going down was a blessing in disguise?
                                It's just one game, but yeah so far I'm not seeing how it helps the team in any way lol

Comment

Working...
                                X