No announcement yet.

DeRozan Injury & Raptors Gameplan Without Him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking up previous injuries similar to demar...
    Although I do not watch the NFL I found that Danny Amendola on the patriots missed 4 weeks with a torn adductor longus tendon, but dealt with the injury all year. He even needed surgery on it in the off season.

With demar, I would say play it safe and let him come back in 6-8 weeks if he needs it.

Comment

Damn. The team was incredibly blessed last year to not experience any serious injuries like this one.

I never considered that his struggles on offense might be a result of fatigue and over-use. Get better DeMar.
      OG is our king

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
        Danny amendola and I think it was four weeks, tweeted by Alex Kennedy somewhere.
        https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/s...89827953852416

Comment

James better start!
          Casey don't you dare start Fields again smh
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Comment

It's really not the end of the world. Losing Lowry would be a backbreaker. Hell it'd even be worse losing our only 7 footer. Minutes and shots can be spread between gv/ross/lou/jj easily. Just as long as the team still believes in itself and doesnt start feeling sorry, or looking at okc and thinking its comparable.

You never want to see anyone get hurt, but i wwas actually hoping if we did get a month or more injury it would be demar, just to see how we'd do.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Yeah Casey just rides him and lowry till the wheels fall off.
                Ehh I'm pretty hard on Casey but this wasn't his fault, DeMar's minutes are down and it was clearly a freak injury. His shoes are more to blame for not getting traction and sliding out from under him.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  Ehh I'm pretty hard on Casey but this wasn't his fault, DeMar's minutes are down and it was clearly a freak injury. His shoes are more to blame for not getting traction and sliding out from under him.
                  It's either the shoes or the floor was too wet. You cannot blame Casey for this how in the world could he prevent such a freak injury????

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    James better start!
                    Casey don't you dare start Fields again smh
                    Lol if casey leapfrogs field into starting ill shake my head endlessly. We have such a long bench, just shorten it one guy and do a 9 man rotation. He takes next man up so literally like its community league bball
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Wow, get well soon Demar!

4-6 weeks isn't too long, but the important thing here is for Derozan to come back healthy. Looks like he won't earn his second all star selection this season though. Oh well, his health and the playoffs are definitely much more important than that.

Here is T Ross's chance to step up for this team. We will need to see some consistency from him on both ends of the floor. Same with JV.

Lowry will also have a chance to solidify his credentials as an MVP, seeing as he has been playing like one so far this season.
                        I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                        -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                          4-6 weeks isn't too long, but the important thing here is for Derozan to come back healthy. Looks like he won't earn his second all star selection this season though. Oh well, his health and the playoffs are definitely much more important than that.
                          On a positive note, this might end up helping his mentality. It seemed like he was forcing a lot of things in an effort not to be a "one-time All-Star" as he mentioned, and now that the pressure is off, he can simply play more of a team game after he returns. More like he was playing post-Rudy-trade last year, when his assist percentage was 20.8% over the last 61 games, vs 13.1% this year.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Poor guy. Shame on whoever said he was exaggerating yesterday.... He clearly looked in terrible pain.
                            Hannibal Lecter, Stooley, and GLF's dad all had something to say about the injury not being as bad as DeRozan made it seem.

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                            Well,Well,Well,I'm not surprised Raptors loosed tonight. No post play,bad defense, Out Rebounded, 2 much of iso game, when that happens u loose. As for Demar,hmmmm,I might get piled on with this comment,but Derozan check him self out,kinda look like a Vince Carter move. He just slipped. I'm just saying, he was getting chewed up and spit up by the Chandler Parsons,so yeah..last point,I'm biggest T Ross backer,but he hasn't been looking that great lately,his got get his s@!t going, someone is gotta light a fire on his a@@.
                            GLF wrote: View Post
                            My dad watched the game and he felt Demar was exaggerating it as well. I'm sure why people are getting this feeling but Dr.Hannibal Lecter is not the only person who felt that. My dad said Derozan was being shut down and was frustrated so when he fell it seemed like he just wanted to get out of the game anyway kind of thing. Idunno I didn't watch it. So faking an injury no but maybe exaggerating it to be something more than it was because of frustration maybe. But I don't want to question DD like that because he's very passionate about the game and always wants to play.
                            stooley wrote: View Post
                            I don't think he faked it.

But he wasn't going to fight through it with the way he was playing.

I think he'll be back sooner than we'd expect.

Comment

Yeah that is too bad.

Silver lining: we see what Ross is all about.

As for starter: put fields or Bruno out for 4 minutes then get into regular rotation. Don't mess with it.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                                Hannibal Lecter, Stooley, and GLF's dad all had something to say about the injury not being as bad as DeRozan made it seem.
                                A serial killer and a manic-depressive aren't great company, Stooley!

Comment

Working...
                                X