Game #18: Toronto Raptors 117 - Sacramento Kings 109

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Lowry has Ross at SG and both JJ and Fields cuts better than Ross and have size. Nobody is scared of GV or Ross penetrating.
    Well that's true. But there's a lot more to offense than just cutting. JJ has a few more tools than just cutting, but Fields is extremely limited. I like both those dudes, but when defenses play four feet off of them because they know they can't shoot it makes it hard for the team to score points.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I don't understand the fear of Lowry handling the ball more. He is our best player. Yes, he needs to make an effort to make plays for others, but he is the one player I want to have the ball in his hand.

For this game, I like Fields. For all his shooting woes, he is still a very good passer with excellent vision and off ball movement. He would be able to create space ( with cuts) and find the open man on the rotation. Plus some solid D. Extra shots go all around but Fields is a guy I trust to make the smart pass 10/10 times.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

But moving Ross to the SG spot allows him to have the ball in his hands more.... if Lowry decides to not play Iso-ball like he did via Lakers. If we play Ross similar to the way we use DD, we'll have a line-up that can win games no matter if JJ or Landry starts. And we still have a PG coming in off the bench then too in Greasy. Just makes too much sense... and also shows why we need a 3 before a 4/5.

Makes me think of when my high-school team lost our starting PF last year. I was kinda a assistant coach/water boy/13th man that year. I'm kinda a small PG that has a good mid-range and can set up screens that knew our line-up perfectly. Didn't see much playing time at first, but oh well. When we lost him, I told coach to bring in our back-up SF and move our starter to PF, going with a smaller but more dangerous line-up due to having 3 guys that could shoot from outside on the floor (We used Horns like the Raps!). My coach figured he'd try it out, and we ended up winning our next 4 games to squeak into the last playoff spot. I even got a few more minutes on the floor in our last 2 games due to the idea.

Just saying that playing Ross at SG provides us with more options. We may not have a true starting 3, but we do have guys that can fill it in for now. Think of Demar like a cavity.... would you rather have a hole in your tooth or a filling?
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
          I don't understand the fear of Lowry handling the ball more. He is our best player. Yes, he needs to make an effort to make plays for others, but he is the one player I want to have the ball in his hand.

For this game, I like Fields. For all his shooting woes, he is still a very good passer with excellent vision and off ball movement. He would be able to create space ( with cuts) and find the open man on the rotation. Plus some solid D. Extra shots go all around but Fields is a guy I trust to make the smart pass 10/10 times.
          I also like the idea of Fields (or JJ) on Gay, with Ross on McLemore.

I don't like the idea of GV guarding McLemore, while Ross guards Gay.

Comment

This was the same argument as last year when Fields came in against the Suns and during the playoffs. Only difference is JJ is starting and Fields is playing next Lou and GV. TH + 2Pats+ Fields is a pretty good OReb group to play around two chuckers. Even if the second unit doesn't score they'll eat possessions.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post

enjoy. I already cancelled my Ballstreams account for this month. Its gonna be a shit show
              True fan right here folks. When it looks like the team may face adversity? Ditch them and wait until things are perfectly smooth again!
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                I don't know. I kind of like that Grievis is still starting. Starting JJ and Fields only creates more ballhandling/control for Lowry. Meaning we're forced to run everything through Kyle. With DeMar playing there was another option not to mention also created a little more havoc on the opposing team's defence. Not implying Vasquez is DeRozan by any means, but at least it takes off alot of pressure from Lowry at the moment. Just my two cents.
                I like Vasquez starting as well, though unlike last game he should be used off ball as a SG.

Comment

hang your hat on your fandom bud..... you make your statement about me like its a bad thing....

dork

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                    hang your hat on your fandom bud..... you make your statement about me like its a bad thing....

dork
                    I'm the fat kid. You're the small, skinny bully SJ!

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      True fan right here folks. When it looks like the team may face adversity? Ditch them and wait until things are perfectly smooth again!
                      彼らはまだくだらないね

Comment

foul. my ball.

Comment

Don't cross the Doc!!
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

well thats just it, thats all Doc would have if I DID cross him up.

weak.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                              Don't cross the Doc!!
                              Don't ever try and steal my Nutella!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X