FWIW: Lowry is now the leading scorer on the team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    You can't blame him for Turkoglu, O'Neal, Kapono or Rudy Gay?
    He fixed those mistakes every time. But there was something about Bargs that he couldn't get away from.
    Welp, that sucked.

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
      He fixed those mistakes every time. But there was something about Bargs that he couldn't get away from.
      Not sure if he ever 'fixed' the O'Neal trade. We lost a 1st round pick when acquiring O'Neal, and then gave Miami the cap space they needed to sign Bosh, when he traded O'Neal.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Not sure if he ever 'fixed' the O'Neal trade. We lost a 1st round pick when acquiring O'Neal, and then gave Miami the cap space they needed to sign Bosh, when he traded O'Neal.
        Oh, I know. People always forget about that 1st round pick + Moon. Absolutely brutal. WTF was BC thinking? Just imagine what Masai would have gotten for O'Neal's massive expiring contract leading up to the greatest FA off-season in history. *sigh*

Riley urgently needed that cap-space way more than we needed Marion...... oh wait, we really didn't need Marion (who became Turk, who became Barbosa).

And then people say, but wait a sec, BC fixed that when he got that pick back for Bosh. It's like a con man fleecing you out of your wristwatch for nothing, and then selling it back to you for your luxury car. smdh.

Comment

B.C held on to Bargs for so long because he didn't want to admit he made a mistake taking him and then giving him an extension.

At least we don't have that moron making decisions for us.
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

As Bryan Colangelo, I feel like I was good at recognizing talent, but terrible at building a team.

I waited too long to get rid of Smitch. He wasn't my guy but he was just coming off a great season and I had my hands tied.

I made a good call hiring Casey, but again, took too long to find him players that suited his coaching style and purge the dead weight off the roster. And that Rudy Gay thing was all about me trying to save my job. Even I knew it was dumb thing to do at the time.

And there's no much I can say about Bargs except ... sorry? I was trying to prove I was visionary and looked too far outside the box. That was a tough draft to project. Obviously, Aldridge would have been the right call, but we had Bosh at the time. I thought there would be too much overlap. So I went with the 7-foot guy that breathed through his mouth and could shoot three pointers.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
              As Bryan Colangelo, I feel like I was good at recognizing talent, but terrible at building a team.

I waited too long to get rid of Smitch. He wasn't my guy but he was just coming off a great season and I had my hands tied.

I made a good call hiring Casey, but again, took too long to find him players that suited his coaching style and purge the dead weight off the roster. And that Rudy Gay thing was all about me trying to save my job. Even I knew it was dumb thing to do at the time.

And there's no much I can say about Bargs except ... sorry? I was trying to prove I was visionary and looked too far outside the box. That was a tough draft to project. Obviously, Aldridge would have been the right call, but we had Bosh at the time. I thought there would be too much overlap. So I went with the 7-foot guy that breathed through his mouth and could shoot three pointers.
              Why do you hate wearing ties?

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post

I waited too long to get rid of Smitch. He wasn't my guy...
                I thought we was boyz
                2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

Guys, are you forgetting that at one time under we had Jamario Moon starting at 3. Jamario effing Moon!!!!!

How far we've come since getting rid of BC.
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Are you forgetting that BC was the one that drafted DeMar, traded for Lowry, brought in Casey, and drafted JV and Ross. He made some shit moves, but he also created the foundation for the team we have today.

Comment

B.C. might be the most polarizing figure here in the Republic, besides DD of course
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I think it'd worth pointing out that BC traded for Lowry with the intention of him being the back up to Nash...
                        Last edited by Just Is; Tue Dec 30, 2014, 11:24 PM.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Fuck Bryan Colangelo
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

jonnywalker wrote: View Post
                            Are you forgetting that BC was the one that drafted DeMar, traded for Lowry, brought in Casey, and drafted JV and Ross. He made some shit moves, but he also created the foundation for the team we have today.
                            For every positive move he made, he seemed to make an equally negative move. Patience was never his calling card.. if only he had a little bit. I think that was his downfall.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              For every positive move he made, he seemed to make an equally negative move. Patience was never his calling card.. if only he had a little bit. I think that was his downfall.
                              Plus he was stupid

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                                I think it'd worth pointing out that NC traded for Lowry with the intention of him being the back up to Nash...
                                Uh, false. We only traded for Lowry AFTER we missed out on Nash.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...n_rockets.html

BC made a lot of dumb moves but it's weird that people try to diminish the actual good things he did.

Comment

Working...
                                X