Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we stop blaming DD now for taking away Ross/JV's opportunity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Were you Iman/Xixak/Masai/Nostradamus/etc.? There is a very familiar ring.

But anyways to the task at hand.

You're absolutely right the blame is not on DeRozan. I am pretty sure I made that point in the first reply.

However you've gone batshit crazy placing blame on players - read your OP - for lack of stats when they are not even getting an opportunity. I mean, holy hell, Ross doesn't even get to play his natural position - lol! The lack of game plan change and the insistence on putting square pegs in round holes is on the coach. Cue the 15-5 comments but they are now 2-2. Oh and D has been awful for 8 games and counting despite all the practice time dedicated.

JV being a soft, pussy, bitch (just some of the lovely phrases tossed his way) is squarely on JV.
    I really don't want to put you on ignore, because you offer a lot of insight (and also post a lot). But you're insults and false accusations have brought me to that point. Sorry but this is the last post of yours I'll be reading. Bye.

Comment

• NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
      I really don't want to put you on ignore, because you offer a lot of insight (and also post a lot). But you're insults and false accusations have brought me to that point. Sorry but this is the last post of yours I'll be reading. Bye.
      wow is this guy for real???

edit: nevermind already got banned. hilarious.

Comment

• Hey Doc, NaijaBoy17 got banned because of that post? am i missing something here??

I have a couple of people on my ignore list as well. So would i get banned as well?
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Hey Doc, NaijaBoy17 got banned because of that post? am i missing something here??

I have a couple of people on my ignore list as well. So would i get banned as well?
          I'm sure he said other shit that we didn't see

Comment

Hey Doc, NaijaBoy17 got banned because of that post? am i missing something here??

Nope, he was banned for creating multiple accounts. A no-no here at Raptors Republic.

Comment

• As for JV and T Ross. They just aren't making the most of their opportunity, its come to the point where i don't even put my trust on either of them when they are on the court, especially Ross. JV has shown improvements, but T Ross looks like the exact same player to me. Doesn't drive to the basket, takes too many contested pull ups, and wonky handles (got picked off by Waiters twice the other night).

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                I'm sure he said other shit that we didn't see
                Hope you're right. But if he got banned because of his last post here, then something's wrong. I don't think there's anything wrong w/ that post. I've seen worse.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                  Nope, he was banned for creating multiple accounts. A no-no here at Raptors Republic.
                  Got it. Thanks for clarifying.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• As I've mentioned before with Ross, I base most of my opinions with some players who I'm critical about on effort alone. Sure Ross and DeMar could be mentioned as equals under the same breathe, but until Ross puts forth an effort there's no comparison. Perhaps Casey could be contributing to Ross' deficiencies but he and his staff have him playing this way for a reason. Likely they lack confidence in him and with DeMar out at the moment, we don't have too many other viable options. JMO

Comment

• Ross put up back to back 20 point games and another double digits before laying an egg against Cleveland and frankly his usage is barely above what it was pre Demar injury. That said he's not a great shot creator and our Offense is not great at getting open looks for anyone except whoever screen and rolls. And he cannot guard big sf, as has been mentioned several times in this thread.

JV has been just awful, but big guys are often inconsistent when young, have to see what he (and Ross) can do bother over this period without Demar and throughout the season.

Making judgements about anything after a few regular season games is a mistake anyway, the sample size is just too small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope you're right. But if he got banned because of his last post here, then something's wrong. I don't think there's anything wrong w/ that post. I've seen worse.
                        Nope. I try to limit the amount of dirty laundry to air in public. We're all good. RR continues to move along.

Comment

As I've mentioned before with Ross, I base most of my opinions with some players who I'm critical about on effort alone. Sure Ross and DeMar could be mentioned as equals under the same breathe, but until Ross puts forth an effort there's no comparison. Perhaps Casey could be contributing to Ross' deficiencies but he and his staff have him playing this way for a reason. Likely they lack confidence in him and with DeMar out at the moment, we don't have too many other viable options. JMO
                          They need to try getting him a little more involved. Besides just catch and shoots, dude looks so one dimensional on offense

Comment

As I've mentioned before with Ross, I base most of my opinions with some players who I'm critical about on effort alone. Sure Ross and DeMar could be mentioned as equals under the same breathe, but until Ross puts forth an effort there's no comparison. Perhaps Casey could be contributing to Ross' deficiencies but he and his staff have him playing this way for a reason. Likely they lack confidence in him and with DeMar out at the moment, we don't have too many other viable options. JMO
                            That is fair.

I've said this a few times but I don't know why you don't divvy up dd touches:
                            Ross out of horns - catch and shoot!
                            Amir/JV - post ups
                            Lowry/Lou - ISO

If coaches don't have confidence 3 years in, it might be time to start taking those ideas of trades seriously.

Comment

• Icarusdescending wrote: View Post
                              Ross put up back to back 20 point games and another double digits before laying an egg against Cleveland and frankly his usage is barely above what it was pre Demar injury. That said he's not a great shot creator and our Offense is not great at getting open looks for anyone except whoever screen and rolls. And he cannot guard big sf, as has been mentioned several times in this thread.

JV has been just awful, but big guys are often inconsistent when young, have to see what he (and Ross) can do bother over this period without Demar and throughout the season.

Making judgements about anything after a few regular season games is a mistake anyway, the sample size is just too small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Re bold...

....and ignored!
                              ....and held to unfair standard!

Comment

• I was thinking Ross for Jeff Green but idk. Green is like 27 don't know if I'd want to trade for him

Comment

Working...
                                X