Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nets reportedly plan to dismantle: Should Raps try and snag KG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would not trade anything useful for washed up KG.

Like if the Nets are taking a 2nd rounder for the dude along with Fields (and Stiemsma) and he's willing to play a role where he is the 4th big.

Otherwise its a pretty reckless trade for the Raptors

Comment

Jrice9 wrote: View Post
      I would not trade anything useful for washed up KG.

Like if the Nets are taking a 2nd rounder for the dude along with Fields (and Stiemsma) and he's willing to play a role where he is the 4th big.

Otherwise its a pretty reckless trade for the Raptors
      They wont dare asking for anything more than expirings and second round at most. They know they aint getting anything more than that anywhere else.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
        They wont dare asking for anything more than expirings and second round at most. They know they aint getting anything more than that anywhere else.
        BKN 2nd 8-11 "its over we're tanking"
        NYK 4-18 12.5 GB "its wide open"

Comment

Yes
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
            BKN 2nd 8-11 "its over we're tanking"
            NYK 4-18 12.5 GB "its wide open"
            Amare must have banned conference standings and team records in the locker room. #clown

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
              Yes! Hell yes!
              Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! He is almost 40 year old crybaby with seriously declining skills.

Comment

If Nets would accept Fields/Hansbrough and a 2nd rounder for KG than you do the deal ten times out of ten without question.

But that's kind of a moot point as I don't think the Nets would do that deal. Keep in mind that the Raptors second rounder currently stands to be 58th overall, and while its bound to become a little more appealing as the season wears on, let's be honest by saying that it has no real significant value.

Plus Masai's "Fuck Brooklyn!" exclamation, while incredibly awesome, probably hasn't put him in a position to expect any favours from the Nets organization, and there would no doubt be better offers out there that trump the Raptors.

The deal I've been kicking around is Hansbrough/Fields and the Raptors 2015 first rounder for KG and a Nets second rounder.

Now, before everyone arches their back up at the thought of giving up a first round pick, you need to keep in mind that the difference between the Raptors first round pick (somewhere in the 20's most likely) and the Nets second round pick (somewhere in the 30's most likely if they blow it all up) could end up only being 10-12 spots.

Plus with Bebe and Bruno looking like they will virtually be rookies again next season, and Daniels possibly coming over, AND the team owning two first round picks in 2016, I don't think it's as reckless of a move as it appears on it's face. You could also swap out the 2015 first rounder for the lesser of the 2016 picks if you want to make sure the organization is always picking in the first round.
                Last edited by Fully; Tue Dec 9, 2014, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Lol

Comment

I think the only way the Raps would join a trade is to facilitate a trade, by making the money work. This could be very beneficial in getting form of picks or inexpensive "sleeper". I could see Sac going after one of these guys.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                      Yes
                      Noooooooooooo. He would be a cancer in the locker room. He is a cry baby with declining skills.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                        Noooooooooooo. He would be a cancer in the locker room. He is a cry baby with declining skills.
                        Not sure about the locker room cancer thing. KG has the rep as one of the greatest teammates of all time.
                        Last edited by Fully; Tue Dec 9, 2014, 08:17 PM.

Comment

No. KG is pretty much done. JJohnson could be a good fit. He doesn't strike me as a guy who needs a ton of touches.
                          @EdTubb - edwardtubb at gmail

Comment

KG for sure.. has a no trade clause but has a connection with Casey (Casey coached him in Minny). I don't mind giving up a first rounder for him. He's still a really good rebounder/defender.. both skills we need, especially with Amir's ankles.

I suggested Psycho, Fields and 2015 first (or Bebe) for him in a different thread. Lose a prospect for a win-now move, but KG can get us to the 2nd round.

Comment

No
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Surprised no one has mentioned Mirza yet....we do need a 4th big

Comment

Working...
                                X