Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nets reportedly plan to dismantle: Should Raps try and snag KG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    If Brooklyn would take a package of Hayes & Hansbrough & Stiemsma & 2nd round pick, I'd be all over KG. I wouldn't give up anything of value to get him.
    Which could probably only happen later in the season...

BKL is hoping they can turn their big contracts into cheaper useful pieces that will see them stay in the playoff picture. I don't know how likely that is, but they're not going to give up on that idea unless we get later into the season and losses have piled up.

That's also probably the only way KG will demand a trade, if he knows he'll be wasting what could be his last year with a non-playoff team, or a team full of less proven guys trying to scrape it out as the 8th seed. KG does have to want to be traded since he still has a no-trade clause. And I know BKL can still shop him and ask for his approval, but why would they if they still have their eyes on the playoffs? He's a HOFer on an expiring contract, and the only guy from the big contracts that actual has any leadership ability.

I think if he wants out near the deadline, BKL may give him up for the kind of deal brought up here. I don't know if any team is willing to give up anything that good for KG at this point. Maybe some playoff team is willing to throw a 1st rounder out there...maybe. Otherwise, matching his expiring deal and throwing in a 2nd round pick or picks could be the best offer.

*I'm trying to think of playoff teams with non-draft assets they'd be willing to part with, in terms of young, useful pieces, and that would have legit interest in KG. Tough call...And money will be a big problem for lots of playoff teams. Even if, say, the Cavs were willing to trade Waiters and BKL has interest, they pretty much have no way of actually making money work in a deal. Most playoff teams don't have "useless" pieces with big enough contracts to make a sensible deal....The Raps actually do though.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Dec 10, 2014, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Morally, it doesn't seem right to send any player to Brooklyn.

Comment

kg is shot

Comment

Remember these???

I can't find the one with Bargs. Yeah, we all hated this guy when he came to our division. But I have nothing but respect for him, cuz this guy carried the Minnesota Timberwolves for a decade and only once did they ever get a chance to advance past the first round (2004 - WCF vs. Lakers), yet we never heard of him wanting out or quitting on the team. He'll truly be the next Charles Oakley for the Raptors.
          Last edited by 2KJ; Thu Dec 11, 2014, 11:25 AM.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Even though this isn't the Nets, the Wolves are another team shopping vets, and it's kind of surprising they even pretended they were trying to be competitive this year for as long as they have.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...tead-Of-Retool

Not sure I really want any of those guys though. Frankly the only guy between both teams that seems to make any sense is KG, and he'd have to want a trade.
            I wouldn't mind Brewer if Feilds could be sent out. Only problem is he would need minutes and that would mean Ross takes a cut. On the flip side, Brewer isn't old by any means, and is a better player than Ross is, at the moment.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              we have too many Johnson's as is.
              We have 2 JJS then.
              Nevermind what haters say,
              ignore them ’til they fade away. - T.I

Comment

You can never have too many Johnson's.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KG for Fields and Hansbrough works in the trade machine…throw in a 2nd round pick and the nets would definitely think about it. They save about 2.5 M for the rest of the season, which is actually more for them cuz they pay the tax so they save something like 5M (not entirely sure) and get a pick out of it.

Comment

jpaps wrote: View Post
                    KG for Fields and Hansbrough works in the trade machine…throw in a 2nd round pick and the nets would definitely think about it. They save about 2.5 M for the rest of the season, which is actually more for them cuz they pay the tax so they save something like 5M (not entirely sure) and get a pick out of it.
                    I hate KG so much, and would love him so much on this team! I actually do think he'd come to Toronto, he was in awe of the fans during the playoffs. Fans play a big role in attracting players, besides he also has some ties to Casey from their time in Minnesota...I think it was Minnesota?
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                      I hate KG so much, and would love him so much on this team! I actually do think he'd come to Toronto, he was in awe of the fans during the playoffs. Fans play a big role in attracting players, besides he also has some ties to Casey from their time in Minnesota...I think it was Minnesota?
                      Toronto Media would kiss his ass so much after games for sound bites. He doesn't need to play one minute really

Comment

Garnett AND GM Ujiri

Dear Super GM - Sir Masai Ujiri,

Is there any way you and your super Exec team can explore a temp hiring of SUPER EGO Trash Taalker Mr. Kevin Garnett. I believe she ( I mean he) can take Ross and JV to another level just by sitting on the bench with them and making them cry and speaking straight up.

He can also offer light minutes to the court and add veteran leadership the likes we never had since Sir Charles. Mind you I also wish to keep Chucky.

As to what to give-up .... That's your concern and yes, I do see the $10m/yr Challenge. But we also pay crazy load to Mr. Landry Fields.

In addition. I believe Mr. Garnett's
                        Strong personality is unmatched by any other in the league. He commands respect and has ability to get into the head of his opponent.

He may not be his younger self and now with less skillet but his monster personality would be a massive boost to the young Raptor squad.

In addition I feel he will attract positive synergies for the City when it hosts the NBA Allstar game. Can you envision this Raptor team today with Garnett?

Thank you Sir Ujiri and Team
                        It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                          Yea I'm pretty sure the season and a half that DC coached the Wolves were the last 2 seasons KG played there

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                            KG as a backup C maybe?
                            Yes, yes, yes
                            It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Dear risk management,

Thank you for taking the time to write us. What so you think of the we the north slogan? Acc beer prices? Raptors square? Our mascot? Because we have an insanely knowledgeable front office team and these are things i need you to worry about.

Signed,
                              Giant of Africa
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

When you Win - everything will workout

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Working...
                                X