When do you think DeRozan will return ???? POLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    fair enough. But it's not like other coaches don't do it. Thibs is a great example, he runs his starters into the ground. At least casey only does that with lowry. And only started doing it when demar went down.

Even lebron and irving or averaging nearly 40 minuets a game. Harden and ariza also up there. And so is d will. It's not just casey who's "running his players into the ground." look around the league. So i guess you could say the entire league is irresponsible and flat out stupid as well
    this ^^^
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
      Fair enough. But it's not like other coaches don't do it. Thibs is a great example, he runs his starters into the ground. At least Casey only does that with lowry. And only started doing it when demar went down.

Even lebron and Irving or averaging nearly 40 minuets a game. Harden and ariza also up there. And so is d will. It's not just Casey who's "running his players into the ground." Look around the league. So I guess you could say the entire league is irresponsible and flat out stupid as well
      What Thibs does is insane ask any Bulls fan.

Harden is playing a lot because there missing 3 starters, so someone has to pick it up.

But all I'm saying is its not a good idea to play Lowry this much because it's gonna lead to injuries.
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
        What Thibs does is insane ask any Bulls fan.

Harden is playing a lot because there missing 3 starters, so someone has to pick it up.

But all I'm saying is its not a good idea to play Lowry this much because it's gonna lead to injuries.
        Career Average in minutes played
        MJ- 38.3
        LBJ- 39.5
        Kobe-36.6
        KD- 38.2
        Magic- 36.7

Every great player plays a lot, YES I do agree with you there is an increased chance of injuries to occur but untill DD returns Lowry has to play more or it might cost us a few games.
        I say when DD returns rest lowry on EASY games such as; Philly, Pistons, Timerwolves, Magic, NYK, ect. Basically every time we face an under 0.400 team, rest lowry unless the opponent is on a winning steak
        Abbas wrote:

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
          MJ- 38.3
          LBJ- 39.5
          Kobe-36.6
          KD- 38.2
          Magic- 36.7

Every great player plays a lot, YES I do agree with you there is an increased chance of injuries to occur but untill DD returns Lowry has to play more or it might cost us a few games.
          I say when DD returns rest lowry on EASY games such as; Philly, Pistons, Timerwolves, Magic, NYK, ect. Basically every time we face an under 0.400 team, rest lowry unless the opponent is on a winning steak
          Remember how when the season was starting, everyone was raving about the Raps depth? It isn't useful if the Raps don't use it. Also, DD and Lowry are not all-time greats.

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
            MJ- 38.3
            LBJ- 39.5
            Kobe-36.6
            KD- 38.2
            Magic- 36.7

Fair enough
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
              Remember how when the season was starting, everyone was raving about the Raps depth? It isn't useful if the Raps don't use it. Also, DD and Lowry are not all-time greats.
              the thing is raptors are using it, when Demar comes back Lowry is minutes will go back down to 31-34mins

Im not saying they are, im just pointing out the fact that they will have to play 40mins or some nights and not worry about injury.
              injuries can happen any time any where, look at PG.

Derozan gets back, im sure lowry will get less minutes and probably some days off so DW guys
              we got this #WeTheNorth
              Abbas wrote:

Comment

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

That is a pretty depressing update...
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Maybe he means DD is a pylon. Injurywise he's ahead of schedule

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      That is a pretty depressing update...
                      Not really. It's groin injury. Bad place to get injured if you want to move.

Comment

Very doubtful he will be back before late January or early February. Toronto is going to make the playoffs one way or another, so the main consideration is that DeRozan return at full strength by the last four to six weeks of the season.

Meanwhile, Coach Casey needs to rethink his roster and rotations. Starting Sunday, the team plays six games in eight days going into the Christmas break. That requires a lot of advance planning on the part of the coaching staff. I think he should reassemble the White Squad that started the season, but others disagree with me.

Comment

How in the world can anyone here possibly know or think they know the answer to this question? I say tomorrow.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                            How in the world can anyone here possibly know or think they know the answer to this question? I say tomorrow.
                            I'm no doctor but he should be already doing full contact practices. If he isn't in by Friday he's milking it

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                              1) It is a "severe tear" of the adductor tendon. The greater the severity, the longer the recuperation time.

2) Coach Casey says of DeRozan "He can't move," meaning he is unable to participate in even milder forms of athletic training. I do not think shooting free throws requires much more effort than walking.

3) DeRozan has basically stayed on the couch because there is so little he can do.

Several people quoted sources on this particular injury when it occurred. MedScape says "Do not advance the athlete too quickly back to his/her sport, as the injury may become a chronic condition. Acute strains easily can become chronic strains if proper time is not allowed for healing. Chronic strains are much more difficult to manage."

So the last thing the Raptors want to do with their prize guard is to get him on the court too soon. It has now been twelve days since the injury, and so far all he has been able to do is rest and therapy. According to another source, "Time out of activity varies greatly with the extent of the injury. Most strains start to improve within 10-14 days, and continue to improve over many months." DeRozan has not yet seen much improvement according to today's account.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                I'm no doctor but he should be already doing full contact practices. If he isn't in by Friday he's milking it
                                You're right, you are no doctor....you should not say uninformed things while pretending you know anything about this....you clearly haven't got a clue. *Unless you're being sarcastic, in which case, my bad.
                                Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Dec 12, 2014, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X