Fan Opinion: Just trade Jonas already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan Opinion: Just trade Jonas already

18/15 yesterday. 6/7 from the field and 6/6 from the line. And he still gets no plays call for him, and sits with the game on the line. It is obvious Jonas is an afterthought on this team, and in my opinion, he is being horribly mismanaged. Yet his stock is going to be pretty high around the league because of that potential. So why not just trade him for a piece that fits in better with the play style of the team (wing-centric).

Get a defensive stopper at centre that they are trying to force Jonas to be. Get an upgrade for T.Ross who is showing himself to be, at best, a 2nd or 3rd man off the bench, and not starter quality in the league.

All I know is that, in my opinion, Jonas on the Raptors is like Pau Gasol on the Lakers. Jonas would, I feel, thrive in another environment that takes advantage of his abilities. Perhaps the time is now to pull the trigger on a trade, before years more of mismanaging him causes his stock to plummet.

I feel your pain.

But keep JV.

He is going to be here longer than Casey.

Casey is a stepping stone.

Comment

I'm just wondering, when you guys watch post game interviews, does anyone watch Casey? He is like a broken record for me, I do not really need to watch it to know what he says.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
        I'm just wondering, when you guys watch post game interviews, does anyone watch Casey? He is like a broken record for me, I do not really need to watch it to know what he says.
        This describes basically every coach in every sport. Very few actually speak their mind.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          This describes basically every coach in every sport. Very few actually speak their mind.
          Well when it comes to basketball, I'm not used to coaches, who lack charisma as much as he does.

Comment

Well when it comes to basketball, I'm not used to coaches, who lack charisma as much as he does.
            I remember Smitch and Triano spouting the same canned drivel night after night as well.

Of course, it doesn't help that us uber fans analyze everything about the Raptors on a minute by minute basis

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Of course, it doesn't help that us uber fans analyze everything about the Raptors on a minute by minute basis
              That's why they don't speak their minds or show personality, any little quote that can be taken out of context will by fans and the media (they got 12 24-hour sport channels, they gotta fill the time somehow) so what's the point of speaking your mind.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                That's why they don't speak their minds or show personality, any little quote that can be taken out of context will by fans and the media (they got 12 24-hour sport channels, they gotta fill the time somehow) so what's the point of speaking your mind.
                I think Pop could answer this question

Comment

If we trade anyone, it has to be Ross.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

All this hate on Casey. 16-6 isnt good enough? Lots goes on behind closed doors... Tune in to Open Gym to find out!

Comment

Comment

Casey really is the worst
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Reboc wrote: View Post
                          All this hate on Casey. 16-6 isnt good enough? Lots goes on behind closed doors... Tune in to Open Gym to find out!
                          No it isn't good enough.

Just last week that response was "13-2 isn't good enough?"

The defense has been awful.
                          The offense is easily stopped.
                          The rigidity in strategy is easily scouted.
                          The lack of adaptation is startling.

Comment

He's virtually the only exception and that's because people just expect it from him now.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              No it isn't good enough.

Just last week that response was "13-2 isn't good enough?"

The defense has been awful.
                              The offense is easily stopped.
                              The rigidity in strategy is easily scouted.
                              The lack of adaptation is startling.
                              shouldnt the mantra of "as long as we play defense, these guys can run whatever offense they want" be silenced by now? clearly the defense hasn't been there. time to adjust the offense too.

Comment

Working...
                              X