Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter N wrote: View Post
    That's showing your personality
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
      He's virtually the only exception and that's because people just expect it from him now.
      David Blatt, Michael Malone, Thibadeu, SVG, Steve Kerr, Mchale these people are personalities and they express it during their interviews.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I think many of us who have been pounding the table for more involvement for Jonas are about to get our wish.

His minutes were up yesterday and it did seem the guys were looking for him early on. That just needs to become a constant message from the coaches.

And while I think Casey is terribly inflexible, I don't think he's an idiot. Anyone watching the game last night could see how Amir was hurting us (it saddens me to say). The dude is nearly rebounding at the rate Andrea Bargnani did last year, and was completely lost on D several times. We're going to be relying more on Val, I think, sooner than the coaching staff expected because of that.

That said, we have six easy games coming up. If Val is again an afterthought, I don't care whether we win all six, Masai needs to have a talk with Casey about our priorities, especially given that Masai just said this year is about letting our players grow.

Comment

♫ Oh our work on the glass is frightful,
          But JV is so delightful,
          And since we need size down low,
          Let him grow, let him grow, let him grow ♫
          OG is our king

Comment

Jonas is still just 22 years old. Like mcHAPPY said, he will be here longer than Casey (A.K.A a better tomorrow) He is going to be a beast one day and I don't know if I could go on with life seeing him become an all star on another team lol
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
              shouldnt the mantra of "as long as we play defense, these guys can run whatever offense they want" be silenced by now? clearly the defense hasn't been there. time to adjust the offense too.
              All that shit is irrelevant, just show me ONE inbounds play under 2 minutes left that isn't just an ISO.

Last night when we wasted our last timeout to move the ball over 8 feet and set up an ISO play I almost lost my mind. If a player had so many mental breakdowns we'd be asking for their heads.

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                ♫ Oh our work on the glass is frightful,
                But JV is so delightful,
                And since we need size down low,
                Let him grow, let him grow, let him grow ♫
                But casey doesnt show signs of stopping,
                Benching jv when crunch times a-popping,
                And since there's no faith in Jo,
                He develops slow, dont ya know, what a joke
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

On another issue, can we seriously stop with these Lou Williams Iso's at the end of every single fucking quarter?????

Run a play goddammit!
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    On another issue, can we seriously stop with these Lou Williams Iso's at the end of every single fucking quarter?????

Run a play goddammit!
                    I knew people would be sick of it sooner or later. Its all gravy when hes nailing every shot. Law of averages comes into play eventually.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      But casey doesnt show signs of stopping,
                      Benching jv when crunch times a-popping,
                      And since there's no faith in Jo,
                      He develops slow, dont ya know, what a joke
                      Yo, Raptors Republic, up in this bitch
                      DeRozan broke his dick now it's turning to shit
                      But we're still number one, so what do we care?
                      Cause Casey's fuckin garbage, not the coach of the year
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        I knew people would be sick of it sooner or later. Its all gravy when hes nailing every shot. Law of averages comes into play eventually.
                        It's the Rudy Gay situation again, he comes in and nails the shots and people ignore the fact that it's a tough shot that he's making and that sooner or later he'll start missing those.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                          Yo, Raptors Republic, up in this bitch
                          DeRozan broke his dick now it's turning to shit
                          But we're still number one, so what do we care?
                          Cause Casey's fuckin garbage, not the coach of the year
                          We honestly just need a trade
                          Everybody knows one has to be made
                          Then we won't that bad eh
                          Remember were still number 1 baby!
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

All I know is that, in my opinion, Jonas on the Raptors is like Pau Gasol on the Lakers. Jonas would, I feel, thrive in another environment that takes advantage of his abilities.
                            that's why you don't trade him. Whether he fails or has success it has to happen with Raptors. No more McGrady shit. Raptors' success should be above all else. You don't make other teams better for the sake of some player.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              I think many of us who have been pounding the table for more involvement for Jonas are about to get our wish.

His minutes were up yesterday and it did seem the guys were looking for him early on. That just needs to become a constant message from the coaches.

And while I think Casey is terribly inflexible, I don't think he's an idiot. Anyone watching the game last night could see how Amir was hurting us (it saddens me to say). The dude is nearly rebounding at the rate Andrea Bargnani did last year, and was completely lost on D several times. We're going to be relying more on Val, I think, sooner than the coaching staff expected because of that.

That said, we have six easy games coming up. If Val is again an afterthought, I don't care whether we win all six, Masai needs to have a talk with Casey about our priorities, especially given that Masai just said this year is about letting our players grow.
                              Yeah, watching Amir is pretty hard this season. Some nights it's like we're watching him break down right before our eyes. I can't stress enough how much I wish he'd just had the surgery in the offseason. Can't pretend to know that it would've been better for him, but can't imagine it would've made anything worse (obviously unless they completely botched the procedure), and at least it would've been an attempt to correct a chronic issue.

And I know Amir still has nights where he's Amir...but it's very obviously affecting his rebounding just about every night, and it has affected his D some nights. Rebounding per36 and TRB% both down to career lows (not counting rookie season where he only played 3 games).
                              Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Dec 10, 2014, 02:52 PM.

Comment

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X