Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    I'd rather have neither.

If we target a PF, personally I would go after McBob....But I have no faith in Casey's ability to use him properly so there is no point.

McBob is a special player at that PF position.
    I'm a big fan too.

He has been dealing with some nagging injuries this year.

Comment

The EGo - the in your mouth talk

DanH wrote: View Post
      The only reason KG is a more attractive option than West is because he will almost certainly cost less. If the Pacers move anyone, they'll want a great return. They'd rather sit pat and take their chances with a George playoff return than lose assets for little return. The Nets on the other hand are blowing it up - they want some return, but that's it.
      explore a temp hiring of SUPER EGO Trash Taalker Mr. Kevin Garnett. I believe she ( I mean he) can take Ross and JV to another level just by sitting on the bench with them and making them cry and speaking straight up.

He can also offer light minutes to the court and add veteran leadership the likes we never had since Sir Charles. Mind you I also wish to keep Chucky.

As to what to give-up .... That's your concern and yes, I do see the $10m/yr Challenge. But we also pay crazy load to Mr. Landry Fields.

Any good play by Fields in recent games must be put into perspective of who is being played and various other things - he's playing well but is most rested player too

In addition. I believe Mr. Garnett's
      Strong personality is unmatched by any other in the league. He commands respect and has ability to get into the head of his opponent.

He may not be his younger self and now with less skillet but his monster personality would be a massive boost to the young Raptor squad.

In addition I feel he will attract positive synergies for the City when it hosts the NBA Allstar game. Can you envision this Raptor team today with Garnett?
      It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Denver has a couple of great pieces to go after. If we can get faried and wilson chandler for amir + ross + hayes + 1st round pick, then that would be great. Faried is basically amir except younger, healthier, and already better at this point while wilson chandler is a vet that offers waayyyy better defense and bball IQ than ross and is only slightly worse in the scoring department (if at all). Denver does it cuz there's no way they make the playoffs in the west like this and they need to start rebuilding.

Comment

Wouldn't mind KG but it's not realistic because Brooklyn only does it to save money and if we take back additional salaries we go over the tax which isn't worth being over KG.

Comment

Interesting the amount of love Landry is getting after all the posters saying what a waste of bench space he was (Not directed at the posters in this thread...I can't remember WHO didn't like Fields and who did...just a comment about how the weight of comments seems to have turned a corner after two games of him starting).

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
              Interesting the amount of love Landry is getting after all the posters saying what a waste of bench space he was (Not directed at the posters in this thread...I can't remember WHO didn't like Fields and who did...just a comment about how the weight of comments seems to have turned a corner after two games of him starting).
              Yeah true. Much of the crowd here isn't exactly basketball savvy and certainly exaggerate their claims and 'analysis' to prove points in silly arguments. The core group of posters is definitely diverse and very interesting which is why I come here. The internet is the worst but people who really know the game don't disrespect players as much cause they understand how hard it is to have success in the league. Not saying Fields is an all star but their are no 'trash' players in the NBA it's just the mean standard is very high so it makes guys like Fields look bad in certain situations. Some fans just talk about players like they're livestock which is another issue. With a suitable opportunity lots of so called role players and scrubs would surprise you. Look at Bellinelli under Popovich. I saw the little flashes while he was here but lots of fans hated him and then he started to "over-achieve" more often once he got to SA.

On the topic of this thread: KG? West? terrible suggestion, no way, what a bad idea.

Comment

Quest wrote: View Post
                Some fans just talk about players like they're livestock which is another issue.
                Yes indeed. I particularly dislike the term "pieces" as if putting together a team were like assembling a jigsaw puzzle. It's much more like creating a band of warriors, each with individual strengths, weaknesses, pride and uncertainty.

Comment

David West,David West,David West,I've been saying this since the season started,he would b perfect.
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Add Charlotte to the list of teams with parts for sale. Stein says they're aggressively trying to move Stephenson, but also that they're willing to 'talk turkey' on anyone on the roster that is not Walker or Jefferson. Now, Jefferson is the only guy on that team that I really want, but there are a lot of guys there that are at least interesting... Biyombo, Kidd-Gilchrist, Zeller, etc. (Guys that are interesting as much for their flaws as for their strengths). I assume the price for Vonleh would be really high. I think Charlotte really wants to make the playoffs this year, and would consider anything that makes them better short-term.

Edit: forgot the link:
                    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...ephenson-trade
                    Last edited by octothorp; Mon Dec 15, 2014, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Jarrett Jack is the guy we should be trying to poach from the Nets.

We need a competent backup for KL.

First offer: GV and a 2nd round pick for Jack. Nets do it because GV's contract is 1 year shorter than Jack's and they need picks.

If they say no

Second offer: Fields for Jack straight up. Nets do it for the expiring contract and because they are blowing it up.

Comment

symbot wrote: View Post
                        Jarrett Jack is the guy we should be trying to poach from the Nets.

We need a competent backup for KL.

First offer: GV and a 2nd round pick for Jack. Nets do it because GV's contract is 1 year shorter than Jack's and they need picks.

If they say no

Second offer: Fields for Jack straight up. Nets do it for the expiring contract and because they are blowing it up.
                        Rather try for Norris Cole. He's buried behind Chalmers and Napier

Comment

Working...
                        X