No announcement yet.

Kelly: Raptors Intrigued By Gasol, Will Go After Him In FA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gasol....if ever there was a premium f/a who just wants to win and a team player be termed as "gettable" by the Raps it would be Marc G. If he is anything like his brother in terms of values on & off the court he would probably consider Toronto...money not being the deal killer. The only caveat being that for whatever reason he is tired of being in Memphis (though he went to school there).

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
      Re: Gasol....if ever there was a premium f/a who just wants to win and a team player be termed as "gettable" by the Raps it would be Marc G. If he is anything like his brother in terms of values on & off the court he would probably consider Toronto...money not being the deal killer. The only caveat being that for whatever reason he is tired of being in Memphis (though he went to school there).
      I can't see him leaving.

In my opinion, a healthy Memphis is a title favourite right now.

Comment

Yup. Agree. Hence the caveat (Zbo doesnt wear deodorant etc).

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          The last few games, since JV snapped out of his funk, haven't heard much.

But when he was struggling I felt they were making some 'interesting' comments - alluding without actually saying much, kind of a wink wink to one another. I likely read too much in to things.

More than likely it was merely a pile on as often happens when a guy is struggling.
          The only comments I remember them constantly making is JV yelling at himself and getting down on himself when he misses shots and that he's got to put it behind him and focus on defence. Not exactly what you're talking about but I may be missing these comments especially since I only get home feeds when I watch games.

Comment

JV is a little kid still. Period.

You can rip on him, call him a stiff etc, its all fair, but to think he is finished, or a guy you'd wanna move is absolute lunacy. What was Marc Gasol in his first or second years?

Comment

Tyson Chandler peaked in his 9th year...I hear it said quite often that bigs take around 6 years to really know what you have.
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

It is very true. It continually blows my mind when people assumed jv would beready for ready for prime time this year or last, like we're talking about a derek rose or a paul George type. JV has plenty of time to turn into a HUGE part of a championship team and an all star, im thinking years 6-13 we could see 18 and 10, solid rim protection, always there in crunch time and multiple all star appearances.

Patience, people. Same with Bruno lol hes not ready to play yet and that's fine.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post

You can rip on him, call him a stiff etc, its all fair, but to think he is finished, or a guy you'd wanna move is absolute lunacy. What was Marc Gasol in his first or second years?
                  Gasol was 24 when he made his debut, and put up numbers similar to what JV(at 21) put up last season. The kid has all the time in the world, I'm with ya!

Comment

Kelly: Raptors Intrigued By Gasol, Will Go After Him In FA

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                    I think part of the reason why Rap fans are obsessed with trades is because we have a really, really good (but not great) team, and our window to get to the finals is small. By the end of the year the Cavs will be rolling. And if Durant or Anthony Davis move East sometime in the next three years (I would if I were them) than we might want to try and get over the hump right now.
                    Thing is: if all the stars move east that kinda defeats the purpose of moving east...
                    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Hell look at when Memphis made the deal for him. Everyone and their mother ripped them for the deal, saying they were basically robbed by the lakers for a second rounder they hoped that someday became a shadow of his brother.

Now it's quite the opposite, lakers suck haaaaard and Grizzlies are contenders. Perspective changes everything
                      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Breaking:

I'm hearing from an unnamed source(I double checked his Driver's license to confirm) that Masai is planning to cut everybody but Terrence Ross and then make minimum offers to 14 players. Apparently Masai keeps pictures of these guys in his diary so it's like pretty serious for sure and stuff.

Why must you torture yourselves all year? Come on... Ha, ha.

Comment

Last March:
                          Superjudge wrote:
                          JV is a stiff.
                          Superjudge wrote:
                          JV is a scrub.
                          Last month:
                          Superjudge wrote:
                          Yep, JV looks more like a stiff than not so far this year.

We always talk about how great he is, but honestly, he's kinda shitty a lot of the time. Vucevic is 3 times the big he is.
                          End of this year:
                          "JV is definitely not a stiff and you guys were stupid to ever doubt him!"

Next year:
                          "Congrats to JV on making the all-star team! I knew you could do it!"

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Last March:

Last month:

End of this year:

Next year:
                            Should have dropped the mic

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              Last March:

Last month:

End of this year:

Next year:
                              Dude, I gotta tell ya, I have been around this game a long time, from a kid, to a player, to a coach, to a player, to a fan..... there are people who get it, and people who just don't..... which do you wanna be?

When you watch a player, in real time, you call it what it is. If he is a big, and he is playing like shit, he is a scrub. A stiff.... whatever. When he plays well, you can say whatever you want about that too.

Every comment I make likely makes sense to people who actually get the game, and no tonce have I ever mentioned that I thought JV had zero potential to be a very good player, but if you feel like it, why not go back and find all the comments where I say he will be fine.... don't paraphrase my comments over 2 years to make a lame argument man, its embarrassing.

You stiff.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                                Should have dropped the mic
                                he should have, that would have been the only thing he could have done to look even more like a smug, yet poorly informed dolt.

Comment

Working...
                                X