Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything 2015 Raptor free agency pursuit (non current Raptor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in no way saying I disprove of GV, I'm just saying if there is a way to use our expirings to get a guy like Lee, which would provide rebounding and if used right I'm sure some defence as well, and at the same time keep Lou and amir.. Seems like a win, win, win. As by doing so we are gifted another year of continuity, just while also keeping Lou, who at this point I know we would not have a 20-6 record without him . It gives another year to get to know each others style of play ( GV +Lou)

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
      Dan I just wanted to say thanks for your detailed and understandable responses to questions. It seems every time you respond to a post you are answering the question in the poster's mind but also one that is in many readers minds as well. Many times you come at things from angles I haven't even considered and thereby provide a much richer insight for me and others. You are definitely one of the community who makes this a better place...in fact THE place for fans to go and get a deeper knowledge of their team and the business of basketball.

Great stuff.
      Thanks Puffer!

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      And sets a TERRIBLE precedent for future signings throughout the league.
      I think that ship sailed this past summer with Hayward and Parsons, neither of whom were as effective as Green is this year.

WJF wrote: View Post
      What are the overall team defensive numbers, the Cav's seem to have been atrocious as a team this year and that can't help individual numbers.

While I like what Draymond is doing with the Warriors, but I think he is a product of that team and his production and usefulness may not translate to the Raptors. He attempts over 4.5 three pointers per game, I don't see him doing that here, I also don't see him playing the 34 minutes per game he is logging with G-State. I think he would be a great lift off the bench for us, but would he be any more effective than Patterson. (who is only 1 year older than Green)

Tristan Thompson on the other hand seems like he would fit as a starter better than Green with our team, but still not convinced he is the perfect fit either. He is an elite offensive rebounder, shoots a good percentage from the field, and has a great motor. He changed shooting hands and it is still a work in progress, but if he could shoot it consistently out to 18 feet I would like him more.
      DRPM adjusts for team play, so that's not a factor.

I like Green because he could fit in a lot of lineups, since he plays the 3 and 4 - and with a load of wings that can play 2-4 and Vasquez who can play 1-2 and Ross can defend 1-3 and Patterson is quick enough to defend the 3 on switches, the defense becomes REALLY scary.

Thompson is a great offensive rebounder, but is not nearly the screen setter Amir or even Jonas is, and outside of putbacks is a non entity offensively. And he is less effective on the defensive glass than the offensive, and that's where we really need the help.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Thanks Puffer!

I think that ship sailed this past summer with Hayward and Parsons, neither of whom were as effective as Green is this year.

DRPM adjusts for team play, so that's not a factor.

I like Green because he could fit in a lot of lineups, since he plays the 3 and 4 - and with a load of wings that can play 2-4 and Vasquez who can play 1-2 and Ross can defend 1-3 and Patterson is quick enough to defend the 3 on switches, the defense becomes REALLY scary.

Thompson is a great offensive rebounder, but is not nearly the screen setter Amir or even Jonas is, and outside of putbacks is a non entity offensively. And he is less effective on the defensive glass than the offensive, and that's where we really need the help.
        Dan nothing to add regarding David Lee?

Comment

• Lee is terrible defensively, cuts into our 2015 cap room, even with him expiring in 2016 we won't have max cap room that summer and GSW would ask a lot for him because even if they would enjoy cap relief, someone will be willing to send a pick or prospect too.

I'm not a fan myself. But I know lots of people are. I just don't think this team needs an offensive upgrade. Defense should be the concern, and Lee causes problems there.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Trade Demar and Ross and sign Jimmy Butler for the max, even though I can't stand his haircut, face, or really anything else about him lol

Comment

• We seem to have forget about Nando De Colo (is it the right way to formulate this sentence?). We still have his rights and he seems to play really well right now.

I think we should bring him back next year.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                We seem to have forget about Nando De Colo (is it the right way to formulate this sentence?). We still have his rights and he seems to play really well right now.

Felt the Raptors should have let GV walk and resigned NDC tbh. That ship has sailed and doubt Nando returns to the warmer Toronto weather.

Comment

• I said this in the other thread but I'll say it here too: If we don't throw a tonne of cash at Draymond Green I'll be very sad.

Comment

• Anyway I just think it would be great to get him back instead of Lou.

Valanciunas | FA | Nogueira
                    Patterson | Johnson | Hayes
                    Johnson | Caboclo | Daniels
                    DeRozan | Ross | De Colo
                    Lowry | Vasquez | Rookie

With Ross being the first backup at 2 and 3, followed by De Colo, Caboclo and finally Daniels.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                      We seem to have forget about Nando De Colo (is it the right way to formulate this sentence?). We still have his rights and he seems to play really well right now.

You realize he turned down Raptors offer and now gets bigger salary in CSKA Moscow than he could possibly get in NBA?
                      Last edited by RandomGuy; Tue Jan 13, 2015, 02:35 PM.
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        If MU doesn't convert all our expiring for something I would be pretty disappointed unless he had a clear and probable free agent signing in the off-season. MLSE should be spending as close to the luxury in non-rebuilding years. If the raptors have a 10m surplus I'll be pissed considering how much they are merchandising this We the North thing
                        I couldn't agree more, what a waste that would be when we are in such desperate need of rim protection, blocks, and rebounding. Honestly even picking Dalembert up off waivers right now is semi appealing. He loves to deal and in Masai we trust but I'm getting a lil nervous this year to be honest..

The play was Mozgov from Denver with all of Masai's connections there but what can we do now, Cleveland beat us to the punch and paid handsomely after losing Varejao. Next best target would be Kostas Koufos. If he can't pry him from Memphis than he has to consider some tier 2 options like Zaza, Garnett, etc.

Lee, Thad, a longshot at getting West or Monroe would be nice but I don't see him making such a bold move plus it doesn't really address our frontcourt issues (West being the potential exception). I think he makes a minor to medium tweak to cleanup our most glaring deficiency if anything at all..

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                          You realize he turned down Raptors offer and now gets bigger salary in CSKA Moscow than he could possibly get in NBA?
                          He turned it down because he wanted an opportunity to play

Dwayne Casey unfairly nailed him to the bench so it's not surprise he made that decision

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            He turned it down because he wanted an opportunity to play

Dwayne Casey unfairly nailed him to the bench so it's not surprise he made that decision
                            Money talks
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Raps76 wrote: View Post
                              I couldn't agree more, what a waste that would be when we are in such desperate need of rim protection, blocks, and rebounding. Honestly even picking Dalembert up off waivers right now is semi appealing. He loves to deal and in Masai we trust but I'm getting a lil nervous this year to be honest..

The play was Mozgov from Denver with all of Masai's connections there but what can we do now, Cleveland beat us to the punch and paid handsomely after losing Varejao. Next best target would be Kostas Koufos. If he can't pry him from Memphis than he has to consider some tier 2 options like Zaza, Garnett, etc.

Lee, Thad, a longshot at getting West or Monroe would be nice but I don't see him making such a bold move plus it doesn't really address our frontcourt issues (West being the potential exception). I think he makes a minor to medium tweak to cleanup our most glaring deficiency if anything at all..
                              I'd say Demarre Carroll is prob high on Ujiri's list too.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                                Trade Demar and Ross and sign Jimmy Butler for the max, even though I can't stand his haircut, face, or really anything else about him lol
                                Dude. He has an awesome haircut.
                                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                                X