Biggest Surprises of the Raptors 2014/2015 Season So Far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I've never had League Pass, but I'm using Ballstreams for the 1st time this year. Love it so far. Works well on my phone, on the Roku Channel, or casting from Chrome to my TV. Plus, you don't have to worry about local blackouts.

$60 for 6 months sure beats paying Rogers/Bell for 17 extra sports channels all covering the World Poker Tour.
    Still like the reliability of cable tv and pvr in case for some reason you can't be on your couch at 735 every second night.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Still like the reliability of cable tv and pvr in case for some reason you can't be on your couch at 735 every second night.
      That's where your smartphone comes in

But using the Roku channel, you can choose to watch live, or start from the beginning of the broadcast. Still learning how to do that on other devices.

Comment

I gotta hop on the Lou Williams bandwagon.

I was surprised that he regained his scoring punch

I was re-surprised that he seems to be better than before

I was stunned at the defensive effort and deflections he is getting
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Ballstreams is fully enabled with a DVR option - you can start watching halfway through a game or after the game is over. Completely reliable. Especially good on desktop, but even on my iPad I can scan through the commercials (just takes a deft touch).
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

On topic: Positives - Lou Williams, JJ, Fields getting minutes, Lowry stepping it up.

Negatives: Hansbrough getting minutes, DD's shooting, sudden proliferation of ISO ball.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              On topic: Positives - Lou Williams, JJ, Fields getting minutes, Lowry stepping it up.

Negatives: Hansbrough getting minutes, DD's shooting, sudden proliferation of ISO ball.
              Is that ISO ball that much worse this season than last? I honestly can't remember. I thought we did a lot of ISO ball last season as well. I remember we had like a 2 month stretch or something where we moved the ball really well but that was it. All of the rest of the season I believe we used a lot of ISO as well. And I'm not saying it's good. I hate how much we go to the ISO ball. I understand Lou, just because that's how he's effective and he's been doing that his whole career, but everyone is getting in on it and it's not good. Anyway I agree with everything everyone's said pretty much.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                Is that ISO ball that much worse this season than last? I honestly can't remember. I thought we did a lot of ISO ball last season as well. I remember we had like a 2 month stretch or something where we moved the ball really well but that was it. All of the rest of the season I believe we used a lot of ISO as well. And I'm not saying it's good. I hate how much we go to the ISO ball. I understand Lou, just because that's how he's effective and he's been doing that his whole career, but everyone is getting in on it and it's not good. Anyway I agree with everything everyone's said pretty much.
                When Gay was on the team it was bad then got better then got worse again. It took time to find the guy to be the designated chucker.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  James Johnson is the one that stands out for me. I was expecting a head case who had potential to split the locker room apart. He's been a revelation.

And I'm starting to love his slow-motion Eurostep. Kudos to the refs for never calling a travel on a play that simply looks weird. Watching games on opposing broadcasts has play-by-play guys screaming "travel" often.
                  Agree re JJ. He has embraced his role and generally not trying to do too much offensively to the extent he did during his first tour of duty in Toronto.

Comment

My biggest surprise is that GLF kept it fairly positive ^^

Comment

Biggest surprise is that Demar went down and Amir didn't. Also that Demar tore an abductor tendon. Freak injury for a basketball player.

Comment

My biggest surprise is that GLF kept it fairly positive ^^
                        Lol. GLF usually is on point .

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                          Lol. GLF usually is on point .
                          After the Lakers loss he thought we wouldn't win a single game until demar got back

^example 1 of 14371

Comment

LMAO you guys are too much. I just want the defensive intensity to be much more consistent and I'm good. The ISO ball for some reason doesn't bother me as much as the bad defense. But it should because that won't fly in the playoffs at all.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

After the Lakers loss he thought we wouldn't win a single game until demar got back

^example 1 of 14371
                              I was exaggerating when I said that. I meant against good-average teams. And technically we haven't beat a good team that's at full health since he's been gone. We will see during that 6 game road trip.

Comment

^example 1 of 14371
                                Heat of the moment.....

Comment

Working...
                                X