Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another radio interview with Bryan Colangelo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another radio interview with Bryan Colangelo!

As is known, BC currently resides with family in the Toronto area and seems to be quite willing on the interview front. After one on the FAN a couple of weeks ago he did this one yesterday on TSN. I noticed he does give Masai credit for tweaking a roster he put together ...

Wonder if there is an agenda here? Leiweke's position hasn't been filled as yet.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/colangelo-re...1119#MoreAudio

changing culture, remember anyone?

Winning. The North. New faces.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

changing culture, remember anyone?

Winning. The North. New faces.
      BC may have a new mask on.

Comment

I have a feeling that MLSE had a good working relationship with Colangelo, and a lot of people within the organization felt Leiweke handled his ouster poorly.

If Colangelo just handled MLSE operations overall with Masai as GM, I wouldn't care. It's called failing upwards.

Comment

Why do we care what a failed GM has to say?

"I can't wait for the Babcock interview tomorrow night!"

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Why do we care what a failed GM has to say?

"I can't wait for the Babcock interview tomorrow night!"
            Colangelo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> babcock
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Any return of BC has to have the "blessings" of Masai...and I hope he defines a process that handles any interference on the basketball side including spending above the cap. Personally if BC is trying to edge his way back in...stop it! Nothing good could possibly come of it...at least on the bb side. There are plenty of bean counters out there who can be hired including those in entertainment.

Comment

fun fact that's not mentioned in the interview: colangelo gets masai his bagel in the morning
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Colangelo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> babcock
                  Now we're just splitting hairs....

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                    As is known, BC currently resides with family in the Toronto area and seems to be quite willing on the interview front. After one on the FAN a couple of weeks ago he did this one yesterday on TSN. I noticed he does give Masai credit for tweaking a roster he put together ...

Wonder if there is an agenda here? Leiweke's position hasn't been filled as yet.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/colangelo-re...1119#MoreAudio
                    As is known, BC currently resides with family in the Toronto area - Please tell me he's still here due to some sort of involvement with the PanAm games or something not related to MLSE.

Wonder if there is an agenda here? Leiweke's position hasn't been filled as yet - Now I'm just totally freaking out!!!

Comment

Now we're just splitting hairs....
                      No, colangelo is an above average gm. He was a victim of:
                      1. His own shortcomings after bosh left (win now mentality)
                      2. Meddling ownership
                      3. Bad luck
                      4. Managing a "small market" team north of the border with a very poor reputation at the time
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

2. Meddling ownership
                        3. Bad luck
                        4. Managing a "small market" team north of the border with a very poor reputation at the time
                        EEehhhh don't think I'd go as far as above average. Where was this team going with him in charge?
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

2. Meddling ownership
                          3. Bad luck
                          I was only kidding about the splitting hairs comment. But reading this list urges me to respond.

Point number 1 isn't an excuse. His shortcomings are part of the reason why he wasn't a good GM.

Point #2, I'll give you that. It's hard to do one's job properly when you don't have autonomy to make your own decisions.

Point #3 is debatable. Was it bad luck that Jermaine O'Neal never regained his allstar form (for example), or simply a gamble that failed?

Point #4 doesn't seem to be bothering Ujiri so far.

Comment

Point #3 is debatable. Was it bad luck that Jermaine O'Neal never regained his allstar form (for example), or simply a gamble that failed?
                            I agree with you, and understand what you're saying, but aren't those the same thing
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Dont kid yourself, Masai ha shad a lot of luck fall his way too.

BC held on to Bargnani too long. JO was a gamble, and so was Turk. He didn't win those. But a lot of the starters on this squad were his, had drafted ok, and to be honest, he was a pretty cool guy.

I can see how fans get angry, its our right, but we need to be sensible too. Because one guy does well, does not mean another did poorly, its not that simple. I mean shit, ask the Nuggets fans how much they love Masai right now.... he didn't leave that team in such a good place, it ain't horrible, but rust me, it aint good. so does that make him a bad GM?

There is a lot that goes into this game guys, I'm sure you're all aware but I think sometimes we all forget. What would make me happiest I guess, not that nobody ever said a bad word about a coach or GM, not at all, a good rant is nice once in a while. But systematically repeating inaccurate idea's to somehow perpetuate the idea that a particular coach or GM was terrible isn't really healthy or productive. its mostly off base, and after a while its tiring.

Comment

Working...
                              X