Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Duane Casey for C.O.Y.
    Has to be a candidate for sure. For all my problems with individual decisions he makes, the overall strategy, morale and team culture he has instilled (with Masai) is tremendous and is leading directly to wins.

rocwell wrote: View Post
    How about Kerr?
    Probably the guy who will actually win it. Golden Stats is just too good.

raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Both are personable and say the right things but aren't helpful in Wins -Losses. BKN does better with KG on the bench. Raptors would do better with a better game caller.
    Uh, BKN is waaaaay better with KG in the game than on the bench. I've seen this sentiment various places (and heard Leo say it, which should really tip people off that it is nonsense) and I have no idea where people are getting this info.

And the Raptors have been great with Casey. Would they be better with Pop? Probably. But there's not a long list of names for which that is true right now. Casey may not prove to be the long term coach for the Raptors, but you have to applaud the job he is doing this year, even with the sometimes boneheaded rotations and play calling.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Has to be a candidate for sure. For all my problems with individual decisions he makes, the overall strategy, morale and team culture he has instilled (with Masai) is tremendous and is leading directly to wins.

Probably the guy who will actually win it. Golden Stats is just too good.

Uh, BKN is waaaaay better with KG in the game than on the bench. I've seen this sentiment various places (and heard Leo say it, which should really tip people off that it is nonsense) and I have no idea where people are getting this info.

And the Raptors have been great with Casey. Would they be better with Pop? Probably. But there's not a long list of names for which that is true right now. Casey may not prove to be the long term coach for the Raptors, but you have to applaud the job he is doing this year, even with the sometimes boneheaded rotations and play calling.
      Casey would be terrific for Orlando. Teach discipline, create a winning culture and a defensive focus. Toronto needs an X-O guy by next season at least. There won't be anything to gain next season by winning 50+ games. Rather go 42+ and be a title threat like the Bulls.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        A win when the other team cares. The games against the Cavs, Bulls and Mavs were playoff previews. Clipper don't give a shit about a team they'll only see once at home a season when they are playing other conference teams that week.
        What a ridiculous comment.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• For the guys killing Ross after this game - agreed he has to show more fight and go over screens, but balance that out a bit with the fact that Redick is actually just a good player who did what he does all the time. That was the 8th time this season he's scored over 20 points, and the fifth time in December he hit 5 threes in a game. He also did it against the Spurs and Bucks (twice), two good defensive teams. Other time was against the Pelicans. The Clips work hard to get him those shots, and he's really good at hitting them. Ross needs to learn how to fight through and defend that better, but he's still young and got a ways to go. Good players (and teams) are gonna have good games against the Raptors - don't have to blow your top and propose trades every time that happens.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
          X