Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary Philly Scenario

so Philly has 42 million in cap space coming up

just envisioned a terrifying scenario whereby they max offer Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard and Goran Dragic

along with Saric, Noel and Embiid UPSIDE for years
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Kawhi isn't leaving Spurs, Butler is more than happy to play as a leader in Chicago. Dragic is a mistery, he will receive offers from contenders though and probably is more willing to play for a contender than a long term tanking project.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I don't think it's possible for Philly to offer 3 max contracts to those guys....

I also think all 3 woud've had to suffer massive head traumas to go there. 2 of them are in great situations (Butler, Leonard) where they're indispensable to their team going forward. Dragic I think is likely to leave, but not for a weird situation like Philly where they could still be tanking for another year or two. I think if Dragic goes to a "bad" situation, it's probably with the Knicks or Lakers.

Comment

I did the math... 14 million for both Butler and Kawhi and start Goran at 14 as well...

so Goran would be getting less than the max but still twice as much
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

yeah Kawhi will probably stay, but Chicago has no where near the money and if you did a Parsons like deal, Chicago might blink

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
            I did the math... 14 million for both Butler and Kawhi and start Goran at 14 as well...

so Goran would be getting less than the max but still twice as much
            I don't know why Goran would take less....especially if the cap is going to jump up soonafter. Then he'd still be underpaid after the 1st year of his deal.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
              yeah Kawhi will probably stay, but Chicago has no where near the money and if you did a Parsons like deal, Chicago might blink
              Yeah, that could be true. Chicago is historically one of the cheapest organizations in the sense of avoiding the tax and not spending any money they don't have to.

Comment

Guys, the 76ers defense may be the future... http://www.vantagesports.com/#story/...ure-of-the-nba

I do like the idea of being more aggressive on the P&R tho. IMO the bigs could help out a little more. They sit back and let guards drive a lot. I can understand the bigs playing conservatively but i think the bigs are mobile enough to hedge or ice on picks. I think that would help out the guards more.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                  Guys, the 76ers defense may be the future... http://www.vantagesports.com/#story/...ure-of-the-nba

I do like the idea of being more aggressive on the P&R tho. IMO the bigs could help out a little more. They sit back and let guards drive a lot. I can understand the bigs playing conservatively but i think the bigs are mobile enough to hedge or ice on picks. I think that would help out the guards more.
                  This is what Casey or whoever designed our defense early in the season tried to do. With the 76ers roster it works. Everyone is long and quick. Toronto is stubby and slow. A traditional stay at home defense is better for Toronto. When Bruno, Bebe and Danials develop they could try it.

Comment

Working...
                  X