Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Called it, Detroit will make the Playoffs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jodie meeks on fire!!

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/detroit-...rs-2015010624/

Fuuuuuuuuck me.....................

Saw the final quarter of this game too, Spurs shot themselves in the foot. The ball bounces are favoring Detroit as well.

Comment

tonious35 wrote: View Post
        http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/detroit-...rs-2015010624/

Fuuuuuuuuck me.....................

Saw the final quarter of this game too, Spurs shot themselves in the foot. The ball bounces are favoring Detroit as well.
        Saw the whole game. Detroit played pretty damn well. Bad end for the Spurs, but still a good game from Detroit. If they keep playing like this, they're easily at least going to give themselves a legit chance at the playoffs.

Comment

Alright, Detroit is my new favorite non-Raptor team. I guess it's too late to hire Stan Van Gundy, huh?

https://vine.co/v/OpWnEmnIKBi

The team is starting to BELIEVE ...

Comment

Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh???? Insane stat.

Pistons w/ Josh Smith
            OFF: 97.6 PP/100 (28th)
            DEF: 105.8 PP/100 (24th)

DET w/o Smith
            OFF: 113.7 PP/100 (2nd)
            DEF: 91.7 PP/100 (2nd)

Comment

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

I'm no Smith fan, but I'll venture to guess by Sunday the Rockets will be 6-4 with Smith.

Edit; And it goes to show the lengths some posters here go through to slag Casey when they say/imply he's telling/is OK with Vasquez jacking up shot after shot, yet nobody says SVG was telling/was OK with Smith jacking up shot after shot.
                Masai is god on this board and he's done a fantastic job, but the Vasquez deal combined with the faith in him by not having a 3rd PG may end up being his 1st real mistake here.,
                Last edited by 3inthekeon; Wed Jan 7, 2015, 11:24 AM.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  I'm no Smith fan, but I'll venture to guess by Sunday the Rockets will be 6-4 with Smith.

Edit; And it goes to show the lengths some posters here go through to slag Casey when they say/imply he's telling/is OK with Vasquez jacking up shot after shot, yet nobody says SVG was telling/was OK with Smith jacking up shot after shot.
                  Masai is god on this board and he's done a fantastic job, but the Vasquez deal combined with the faith in him by not having a 3rd PG may end up being his 1st real mistake here.,
                  I honestly don't think it's a mistake. The deal itself? Sure. Not a great contract for Vasquez. Think he overpaid.

But not having a 3rd PG? I wanted one, but I don't think it's "faith in Vasquez" that kept them from getting one. I think Masai really wanted a young guy to start developing at that position. I also think Masai knows that guy wouldn't get much/any playing time unless there was an injury. But I imagine after they missed out on Ennis, they didn't really have another PG target left. Think they would've re-signed Vasquez even if they drafted Ennis, and developed the latter slowly.

I remember looking through free agent lists, and the 3rd PG options were pretty terrible and uninspiring. Guys who might not really have potential and aren't ready to contribute. In other words, guys who would be complete dead weight on the roster because they wouldn't supply any level of insurance or any promise for the future. No need to waste a roster spot. I was even surprised when they actually kept Stiemsma around, but with his size, I can understand buying some big man insurance, because that's the kind of thing where if you need it later in the year, another team may have already snatched it up. However, the calibre of player they would have had to sign as 3rd PG....Well they can literally get that at any time by signing a D-League guy, because that's the type of player they would have to settle for (like Will Cherry).

Comment

How about them Pistons. I think we all knew SVG was good, but the fact that he figured out how to get Detroit to compete is impressive. Not to mention, it took him to realize how good Greg Monroe and use him properly.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                      How about them Pistons. I think we all knew SVG was good, but the fact that he figured out how to get Detroit to compete is impressive. Not to mention, it took him to realize how good Greg Monroe and use him properly.
                      Huh, a coach that uses a roster with some intelligence. Wonder how it feels.

Comment

Pistons are the new Raptors of the 2014-2015 season?

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          Boom. Shots fired.

Casey - what say you?

...I think Casey has a Rolex ... Damn.

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/detroit-...ks-2015010706/

Comment

disagree

Comment

Just watch the Raptors while sober, and you'll know how it feels.

Comment

Working...
                                X