Who should be shooting the last shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should be shooting the last shot?

As of late, our go to guy when the clock runs down has been Lou Williams. But to me, it should still go into the hands of our star, Kyle Lowry. When DeMar returns, I would rotate between the two depending on who's defending them and the situation; Lowry if they need a three, Demar for the drive.

I'd give it to Lowry 60% of the time, Demar 40%.

What do you guys think? Who should be shooting that ball as the clock runs down?
    Lou Williams
    0.00%
    Kyle Lowry
    43.75%
    DeMar DeRozan
    12.50%
    Jonas Valanciunas
    6.25%
    Other
    37.50%
    Last edited by GoldenBaller; Sat Jan 3, 2015, 03:28 AM.
    A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Who should be shooting the last shot?

GoldenBaller wrote: View Post
    As of late, our go to guy when the clock runs down has been Lou Williams. But to me, it should still go into the hands of our star, Kyle Lowry. When DeMar returns, I would rotate between the two depending on who's defending them and the situation; Lowry if they need a three, Demar for the drive.

I'd give it to Lowry 60% of the time, Demar 40%.

What do you guys think? Who should be shooting that ball as the clock runs down?
    Difference is that Lou makes them, more often than not, while Derozan ... Dribbles it off his foot.

So I'd say give it to Lou.
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Amir Johnson!!!
      He made 4th Quater Buzzer beater more than anybody I have seen, from what I've seen!
      But if its a 3 pointer, Kyle lowry or Lou Williams would do!

Comment

Whoever is open, look at the portland game, we got a decent lead, then started playing wind the clock down iso hero ball until we lost it, it was great having lou knock one down at the end of each quarter to start the season, but that was never going to last, just continue with the normal gameplan that's giving us big leads find the favorable matchup and abuse it. if I had to choose someone, I'd want to start the ball with lowry and let him playmake, I like jj if we need a two (while dd is out at least need to see where he is at when he gets back) if we need a three there's a double screen play we often run to get T-ross open on the wing, just run it for whoever has the hot hand, lou, gv, t-ross and if the play doesn't open up nicely, then lowry hero ball isn't the worst fall back in the world.

Comment

The open man
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Iso ______
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Order of operations:
              1. Hot hand (if applicable)
              2. Match-up - who's got a mismatch to either score, draw foul, or force defence to leave another Raptor open
              3. Star player pecking order of Lowry, Lou, DD (Lou isn't a star but he is a professional scorer)
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                The open man
                This is the only correct answer.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                  This is the only correct answer.
                  Yes but the ball has to start somewhere and for there to be an open man, there must be enough pressure on the D. Open man is far too simple of an answer.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                    Yes but the ball has to start somewhere and for there to be an open man, there must be enough pressure on the D. Open man is far too simple of an answer.
                    Sure. But I disagree with any ranking on a player to player basis. You take what the defense gives you. You run a play - movement off the ball, screens, etc, you move the defence, you take what you get. Regardless of who is taking the last shot. I probably give the ball to Lowry to initiate the play, but that doesn't mean him forcing a shot - his decision making is better than Lou or DeRozan's.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

well, since you'll have all your shooters on the floor in a last-shot scenario, the answer is: whoever is open.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                        Sure. But I disagree with any ranking on a player to player basis. You take what the defense gives you. You run a play - movement off the ball, screens, etc, you move the defence, you take what you get. Regardless of who is taking the last shot. I probably give the ball to Lowry to initiate the play, but that doesn't mean him forcing a shot - his decision making is better than Lou or DeRozan's.
                        If you read the details of my order of operations, clearly indicates that ball doesn't stick. Use the hot hand to create a scoring opportunity, Use the mismatch to get someone open or score, use your star player.

It's not about who can shoot the ball last, it's about who can put enough pressure on the defence to create a good scoring opportunity. I guess the question is wrong as it lends itself to a player based ISO answer but should rather be, "who initiates the last possession?"

Comment

Lou Williams made 1 or 2 buzzer beaters earlier on in the season, so he should definitely shoot every last shot possible.

Comment

i dont know if anyone has video of last nights game. But at the end of the third quarter the facial expression of Lou when he and Lowry sit down on the bench answers this poll.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                              Lou Williams made 1 or 2 buzzer beaters earlier on in the season, so he should definitely shoot every last shot possible.
                              hes made way more than that. but he hasnt made one in a while now. he did pass it off to vasquez/ppat for a corner 3 though a few times. surprised and glad that happened.

Comment

Working...
                              X