CLE - OKC - NYK Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLE - OKC - NYK Trade

The Cleveland Cavaliers have reached an agreement in principle to acquire New York Knicks guards J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert in a multi-team trade that also sends guard Dion Waiters to the Oklahoma City Thunder, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Oklahoma City will give the Cavaliers a protected future first-round draft pick and send guard Lance Thomas to the Knicks, league sources said. As part of the trade, the Cavaliers will send rookie center Alex Kirk, forward Lou Amundson and a 2019 second-round pick to the Knicks, sources said.

For New York, the deal is a salary dump to clear cap space. The Knicks unload the $6.4 million owed to Smith next season.

A trade call with the league is expected to take place later Monday night after the Cavaliers', Knicks' and Thunder's games, sources said.

The Knicks also will waive center Samuel Dalembert, a league source said. His contract would've become fully guaranteed for the season if he remained on the roster through Wednesday.

Source
    Not sure how I feel about this deal ... I don't think any of them benefit ... I guess OKC..? Maybe...?

So, NY give up 2 starters (questionable I admit) in Shumpert & JR Smith for 2 D Leaguers (Kirk & Thomas) Amundsen and a '19 2nd rnd pick.

Hmmm. Phil J. showing his chops! Admittedly I know nothing of Kirk & Thomas.

I saw Isola (Daily News) express amazement. If I could reply I would have mentioned something about the NY press hounds incl. him who over value their roster.

Interestingly the Cavs exchange one head case (Waiters) for another (JR). That should be fun.

Comment

This deal doesn't make sense for OKC. There's not enough ball to go around. Shump's value has really gone downhill since his injury.

Weird trade.

Comment

Waiters becoming the new K-Martin, Shump and JR trying to add depth to the Cavs, and the Knicks just imploded even more.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I would have thrown one of our expirings at Shumpert ...

actually, nevermind. There's nothing on the Knicks roster worth giving up cap space for. Sad but true.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
            I would have thrown one of our expirings at Shumpert ...

actually, nevermind. There's nothing on the Knicks roster worth giving up cap space for. Sad but true.
            Acy wouldn't be so bad.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

LOL!!!!

Cleveland gets rid of Waiters......by picking up JR Smith!?!?!?

LOLOOOLLOLOL
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
              X