No announcement yet.

Samuel Dalembart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dalembert is a better backup C than anyone on the roster. He's also better defensively than JV. I don't see a huge downside, though he'll end up somewhere else first.
    @EdTubb - edwardtubb at gmail

Comment

Dalembert has almost zero offensive game outside 3ft, but yeah, he's still able to defend the rim better than anyone on our team.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        Dalembert has almost zero offensive game outside 3ft, but yeah, he's still able to defend the rim better than anyone on our team.
        When he isn't being stupid or lazy....which he is probably the majority of the time.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          When he isn't being stupid or lazy....which he is probably the majority of the time.
          His defensive numbers are solidly above average pretty much across the board. You can live with stupid or lazy when you have absolutely zero viable back up centers besides Amir, who isn't even a center and he can't stay on the court for his injuries. Dalembert's lousy offense I can live with. It's not that the team feeds its bigs anyway.

Comment

TeamEd wrote: View Post
            His defensive numbers are solidly above average pretty much across the board. You can live with stupid or lazy when you have absolutely zero viable back up centers besides Amir, who isn't even a center and he can't stay on the court for his injuries. Dalembert's lousy offense I can live with. It's not that the team feeds its bigs anyway.
            I would rather play Bebe minutes (which I realize isn't going to happen). I feel like people tend to forget how bad a player Dalembert is. He's one of those guys who just doesn't "get it". He's not a piece you want on a good team.

*oh and he's the type to complain in the media about his minutes, touches, lack of recognition, etc....
            Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Jan 8, 2015, 04:52 PM.

Comment

I would rather play Bebe minutes (which I realize isn't going to happen). I feel like people tend to forget how bad a player Dalembert is. He's one of those guys who just doesn't "get it". He's not a piece you want on a good team.
              Oh, I'm with you there. Bebe seems like he has long term potential to be the kind of mobile, help oriented big that the Raps system needs to succeed. Amir's currently the only guy the Raps have in that role. Sam Dalembert is just a pretty low risk option as a backup to JV considering the Raps have absolutely no viable backup besides shifting Amir over to center.

Comment

TeamEd wrote: View Post
                Oh, I'm with you there. Bebe seems like he has long term potential to be the kind of mobile, help oriented big that the Raps system needs to succeed. Amir's currently the only guy the Raps have in that role. Sam Dalembert is just a pretty low risk option as a backup to JV considering the Raps have absolutely no viable backup besides shifting Amir over to center.
                Making a bad move is not a good idea though. Sometimes it's better to try and work around a weakness with the good pieces you have than try to fill it with a bad piece.

*Put another way, I'd rather try to play situationally to try and offset physical limitations than have to count on someone with mental/motor limitations.

Comment

Turning this into unofficial "this guy's been waived, thoughts on whether he's worth pursuing" thread, what do people think of Nate Wolters?

Not like he's a blue chip prospect or anything, but from what I saw last year, he could have solid backup PG potential. I know the first thought is...."fuck man, he was waived to add Kenyon Martin, he must be total garbage"....but a quick glance at some Milwaukee fan comments shows a lot of anger over the move. Was a victim of circumstance. The Bucks have too many guards, they're playing well enough to make a playoff run, and lack depth up front.

Would it make sense to add him as a 3rd PG for the rest of the season? I'd be all for it I think, as long as we can do it without going into the tax.

Comment

Turning this into unofficial "this guy's been waived, thoughts on whether he's worth pursuing" thread, what do people think of Nate Wolters?

Not like he's a blue chip prospect or anything, but from what I saw last year, he could have solid backup PG potential. I know the first thought is...."fuck man, he was waived to add Kenyon Martin, he must be total garbage"....but a quick glance at some Milwaukee fan comments shows a lot of anger over the move. Was a victim of circumstance. The Bucks have too many guards, they're playing well enough to make a playoff run, and lack depth up front.

Would it make sense to add him as a 3rd PG for the rest of the season? I'd be all for it I think, as long as we can do it without going into the tax.
                    I'd do it, as of right now we have no roster spot though. Suggested in another thread we trade GV (+ fillers to Boston for Wright?) and sign Wolters to take his spot.

The whole " getting dropped for a guy older than your dad" thing is a big question mark, but maybe he comes here, fits in well with the whole #ProveEm movement and it works out great.

Anything is better than the hot mess that is GV
                    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                      I'd do it, as of right now we have no roster spot though. Suggested in another thread we trade GV (+ fillers to Boston for Wright?) and sign Wolters to take his spot.

The whole " getting dropped for a guy older than your dad" thing is a big question mark, but maybe he comes here, fits in well with the whole #ProveEm movement and it works out great.

Anything is better than the hot mess that is GV
                      I'm not bothered by the waiving. Standard Bucks...Look to have a good shot at the playoffs, making irrational moves with that in mind. I bet this never happens if Kidd isn't friends with Martin, too. Wolters was buried on the bench, and the Bucks needed some help up front. Looked at some comments from Bucks fans, and they are not happy. Not necessarily because they think Wolters would be amazing, but because it's a stupid short-sighted move where they shed youth for a washed up vet who probably can't contribute.

And to me, we'd be adding him as a 3rd PG ideally. I don't think you want Wolters, who hasn't played much this season, coming in as the primary backup for a playoff-bound team. Likely just means Lowry's minutes will go up and he'll get worn out. I do like the idea of having him as insurance, and developing him as best we can.

What I have seen and heard about Wolters suggest...he's not a bad shooter so there could be upside in that aspect. He's a good passer. He plays under control, and understands how to change speeds. He can take care of the ball. He has a good compete level. Limited athlete though (but not as bad as you'd think). Defensive concerns (can't be worse than Vasquez).

Comment

I'm not bothered by the waiving. Standard Bucks...Look to have a good shot at the playoffs, making irrational moves with that in mind. I bet this never happens if Kidd isn't friends with Martin, too. Wolters was buried on the bench, and the Bucks needed some help up front. Looked at some comments from Bucks fans, and they are not happy. Not necessarily because they think Wolters would be amazing, but because it's a stupid short-sighted move where they shed youth for a washed up vet who probably can't contribute.

And to me, we'd be adding him as a 3rd PG ideally. I don't think you want Wolters, who hasn't played much this season, coming in as the primary backup for a playoff-bound team. Likely just means Lowry's minutes will go up and he'll get worn out. I do like the idea of having him as insurance, and developing him as best we can.

What I have seen and heard about Wolters suggest...he's not a bad shooter so there could be upside in that aspect. He's a good passer. He plays under control, and understands how to change speeds. He can take care of the ball. He has a good compete level. Limited athlete though (but not as bad as you'd think). Defensive concerns (can't be worse than Vasquez).
                        I'm on board with it. It at least gives us a threat we can use to rein in GVs chucking. He's getting too cocky and this team needs to remain humble. We haven't proven anything yet.

Assuming Steamer gets dropped to make room?
                        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

That sort of move would fit well with MU's stated preference of stacking at each position, where the 3rd stringer is a young project with upside. He did that in Denver and he seems to have started taking that approach in Toronto (ie: Bebe & Bruno).

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            That sort of move would fit well with MU's stated preference of stacking at each position, where the 3rd stringer is a young project with upside. He did that in Denver and he seems to have started taking that approach in Toronto (ie: Bebe & Bruno).
                            Signing him for a min would put us over the cap, yes? Are we going over the cap for Nate Wolters?

Comment

Delembert is a known chemistry killer and can be pretty moody. But it would be worth it just to see Leo have to comment on him and try not bash the dude on air.
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                              X