Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Aldridge is a PF.

Cousins is a bit faster, but not by a margin that is that big. He's also more like a Pau, in that he can play PF and C. Mostly Cousins footwork is better/quicker, but he was a polished post player coming into the league. He's not exactly lightning quick in other areas, nor is he Usain Bolt getting up and down the floor.

Howard is one of the most athletic Cs in the history of the game....and his post game is actually pretty awful. It's probably the least effective part of his game. And he's not the Howard 5-6 years ago. He's clearly lost a bit of speed.

But guys that have similar speed (give or take, small margins though) than Jonas off the top of my head.....The Lopezes, Vucevic, Marc Gasol, currently old Pau, Miles Plumlee (Mason's pretty fast, but also a PF/C), Alex Len (who I bring up because he is starting for PHX), Tiago Splitter, Steven Adams, Andrew Bogut, Al Jefferson, Tyler Zeller, Timofey Mozgov, Roy Hibbert, Marcin Gortat, Omer Asik.

Again, there are just not that many guys who are actually considerably faster, especially if you focus on guys that fit the bill as true Cs. In other words, ignoring guys like Aldridge, Horford, Bosh, and Davis (and whoever else I'm forgetting) that play at both spots and are really PFs.
    Made some good points. I feel like JV just seems more sluggish at times.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
      Made some good points. I feel like JV just seems more sluggish at times.
      Slow footspeed. He's got a very slow stride frequency. Looks like he's running in water.

Comment

I hate to admit it. Tim W. was right....sort of. I don't think we should be tanking at all. He was correct about the fact that this team needs more talent. Demar is decent but he isn't James Harden, Ross is talented but will most likely never reach his potential. Amir is broken down. I think for the next year we need to get someone better at the PF spot and draft for that SF spot. We need someone like Paul Millsap. I think our bench is fine. We do need to tone down the iso-ball. It will be interesting to see what happens when Demar gets back.

JV should stay, Lowry should stay, Demar should stay (veteran solid presence + slasher). We need someone to either develop at the 3 (BRUNO!! maybe one day), or to trade for that spot.

We do have the assets to make a trade too with our stock pile of draft picks. Why don't we trade for Tristan Thompson?

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
          I hate to admit it. Tim W. was right....sort of. I don't think we should be tanking at all. He was correct about the fact that this team needs more talent. Demar is decent but he isn't James Harden, Ross is talented but will most likely never reach his potential. Amir is broken down. I think for the next year we need to get someone better at the PF spot and draft for that SF spot. We need someone like Paul Millsap. I think our bench is fine. We do need to tone down the iso-ball. It will be interesting to see what happens when Demar gets back.

JV should stay, Lowry should stay, Demar should stay (veteran solid presence + slasher). We need someone to either develop at the 3 (BRUNO!! maybe one day), or to trade for that spot.

We do have the assets to make a trade too with our stock pile of draft picks. Why don't we trade for Tristan Thompson?
          Tim W. gets too much hate. Guy was right most of the time.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

If we don't advance past the 2nd round in the next 2-3 years, we'll be stuck on that dreaded "mediocrity treadmill" that Tim W. (and the rest of the pro tankers) warned about.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              If we don't advance past the 2nd round in the next 2-3 years, we'll be stuck on that dreaded "mediocrity treadmill" that Tim W. (and the rest of the pro tankers) warned about.
              Indeed. Either the 3 or 4 is what we need to fill in FA or at the deadline, and we'll be fine.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Hawks is the only recent example of a team getting out of Treadmill without big franchise player coming in off-season.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  Hawks is the only recent example of a team getting out of Treadmill without big franchise player coming in off-season.
                  Coach Bud is they're franchise player lool
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    I;d say they got more out of two guys then they expected in Millsap and Carroll. Neither elite, but good solid starters.
                    Axel wrote:
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Steph Curry is a great PG but not a franchise superstar either. All the Superstars LBJ, KD, Melo are on the bottom seeds or out of the playoffs. Hardens Rocket are essentially in a three way tie with Mavs and Memphis

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        that and Kyle Korver shooting fucking 50-50-90 video game type of bs

Comment

I wouldn't even say Atlanta is off the treadmill yet. They've had a nice 20 game run, just like the Raptors did earlier this year. But they'll need to prove they're for real in the playoffs.

Comment

Showing signs....but not yet my man...not yet. The Pistons team which won the championship without that FP is the only one so far in recent memory. The problem with such teams (like the Raptors too) is that loss of eg. a decent starter (eg Horford or DD) and its treadmill time again.

Comment

Demar isn't the reason why we lost those last games and our defence got so bad. We were doing fine without him during December.
                              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I wouldn't even say Atlanta is off the treadmill yet. They've had a nice 20 game run, just like the Raptors did earlier this year. But they'll need to prove they're for real in the playoffs.
                                Showing signs....but not yet my man...not yet. The Pistons team which won the championship without that FP is the only one so far in recent memory. The problem with such teams (like the Raptors too) is that loss of eg. a decent starter (eg Horford or DD) and its treadmill time again.
                                all true. Gotta wait and see how it all plays out.

Comment

Working...
                                X