Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did we make the wrong choice for 15th man?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did we make the wrong choice for 15th man?

Should would we have kept Jordan Hamilton he seemed solid. I know hindsight is 20/20 but Greg Steamer rarely plays despite Amir's health.

yup
    i always forget steisma is even on the team anymore

Comment

No. Hamilton is not hot shit or anything.

It's the 15th man. Not having Hamilton is in no way related to our struggles, and wouldn't really solidify our rotation.

Comment

should've signed Whiteside
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I don't know how hindsight is a factor. We're talking a guy who didn't catch on with any other NBA teams after being in the league for 4 years. No evidence he would've been more than a garbage player for us.

Comment

Who really cares who's the 15th man though??
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Yeah, Whiteside looked interesting from what I saw in summer league. But he also looked like a guy who struggled with the nuances of the game and could be a fouling machine.

In this case, it's all about hindsight since Whiteside has been a career underachiever. Always hard to predict if and when things will click for such guys. We'll see if he keeps it up. Still, could've made more sense than bringing on Stiemsma.

Comment

who cares about the 15th man what they should be doing is looking for an upgrade over psycho t who is absolutely awful at everything
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Is it even possible to make a "mistake" on a 15th man? Whether it's Steamer, Hamilton or Oliver Miller's bellybutton lint, the net result is the same.

Comment

No. Hamilton will just be another Julian Wright. At least Stiemmsma is JV's sparring partner in practice.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, Whiteside looked interesting from what I saw in summer league. But he also looked like a guy who struggled with the nuances of the game and could be a fouling machine.

In this case, it's all about hindsight since Whiteside has been a career underachiever. Always hard to predict if and when things will click for such guys. We'll see if he keeps it up. Still, could've made more sense than bringing on Stiemsma.
                      Whiteside would look terrible on the Raptors. Miami's defense changed because they have a rim protector in Whiteside, less gambling and hedging with the center. Spoelstra recognized that Whiteside isnt Bosh or Andersen and uses a conservative defence when they have Hassam in the middle. With Casey it would be a less mobile JV.

Comment

Steamer has averaged just over 15 minutes a game over the previous three seasons, including 18/game last season. Are the Raps not using him enough? Would resting Amir have helped them or hurt them, with Steamer playing more minutes?

Casey doesn't seem to be very good at managing player minutes. Stiemsma wouldn't have won the Raps any more games probably. But would resting Amir have won more? I realize this is all Monday morning quarterbacking, but I don't think Amir's minutes have been optimum, when you have Stiemsma available.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Like in a fart in the wind, he had his moment and will soon disappear. Have you heard of Sundiata Gaines?
                          Welp, that sucked.

Comment

both sucks, should've kept Cherry

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                              both sucks, should've kept Cherry
                              Will Cherry is awesome.

Like, Will Solomon awesome.

Like, Rick Brunson awesome.

Like, Roko Ukic awesome.

Comment

Working...