Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tristan Thompson declines $13 million from Cavs! ... Ummm, wanna play for the Raps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tristan Thompson declines $13 million from Cavs! ... Ummm, wanna play for the Raps?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/236256/Tristan-Thompson-Turned-Down-$13M-Per-Season-Extension-From-Cavs

What does it all mean????????

Me thinks somebody is unhappy being unceremoniously relegated to backup duty. As a young player who has had a decent, if a little inconsistent start to his NBA - largely as a starter - how could he possibly hope to continue developing when blocked by top-tier player like Love? It makes total sense that he'd be looking for greener pastures, from a personal perspective.

Comment

it means he wants a lot of money. i'd rather go after tobias harris to be honest but if thompson wants to take a hometown discount by all means, welcome aboard. he'll be an upgrade over amir.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
        it means he wants a lot of money. i'd rather go after tobias harris to be honest but if thompson wants to take a hometown discount by all means, welcome aboard. he'll be an upgrade over amir.
        I dunno about that. From what I've heard TT isn't that great of a defender, or is average at best. JV and TT pairing up front might be a bad thing.
        OG is our king

Comment

Al Jefferson or Millsap.

Comment

TT isn't the defender that Amir is.. but TT can rebound the ball. $13M is too high, and I'm sure he'll be looking for that in Toronto even if he wants to come here. Not interested personally.

Comment

TT = the new Joe Smith?
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                I dunno about that. From what I've heard TT isn't that great of a defender, or is average at best. JV and TT pairing up front might be a bad thing.
                it probably would be a bad pairing.. but i feel like amir is on his last legs. TT isn't a great defender no doubt about that but he's got the tools to do a lot on the defensive end of the floor. i've seen him switch on to guards and hold his own really well and use his pretty high vertical to swat shots (like healthy amir used to do).

*and we're bottom 10 in the league for rebounding so he'd really help there as well. wouldn't spend too much on him, 5-7 million range.
                Last edited by tDotted; Wed Jan 14, 2015, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Even with the salary cap jumping I would not pay $13mm/year for Tristan Thompson. Either Paul is really sure about his leverage and negotiating position with the Cavs, or he is totally delusional.

Comment

Ya I think he wants a chance to at least see what his value is. I think he wants to be wanted, and I'm not sure Cleveland has been sending that vybe .. $13M offer or not.

Not to mention I just traded into a 4-year commitment to the guy in Fantasy, so I'm kinda happy about this news. I'd like to see a trade though. Which is possible now that he's declined the extension.
                    Last edited by Joey; Wed Jan 14, 2015, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      Even with the salary cap jumping I would not pay $13mm/year for Tristan Thompson. Either Paul is really sure about his leverage and negotiating position with the Cavs, or he is totally delusional.
                      He for sure has massive leverage. I'm sure many teams across the league would off TT something like 10-12 a year. Combine that with Lebron breathing down there neck to hook up his guy... There is no reason to think they cant get TT a sweet deal

Comment

Cavs should give TT what he wants, then flip him next year for other talent.

Comment

Hurricane_Herm wrote: View Post
                          He for sure has massive leverage. I'm sure many teams across the league would off TT something like 10-12 a year. Combine that with Lebron breathing down there neck to hook up his guy... There is no reason to think they cant get TT a sweet deal
                          Well and he is also set to enter Restricted Free-Agency where guys get over-paid ALL the time.

Comment

No way he's worth 13mil a year not even close lol. It's either he's stupid, or wants out of Cleveland badly.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                              TT = the new Joe Smith?
                              Btw, not sure if anyone here is familiar with the Joe Smith story. But he's the one the first came to mind after reading that article about TT.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                              X