Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tristan Thompson declines $13 million from Cavs! ... Ummm, wanna play for the Raps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$13M with the cap going up is about $10-11M in the old system. And starting caliber bigs usually get paid well. He's still young too. Could definitely see him getting that much. Most teams though would offer 2 or 3 year contracts though for that much. Not 4 or 5 years. It's usually about contract length these days, not the amount.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      Btw, not sure if anyone here is familiar with the Joe Smith story. But he's the one the first came to mind after reading that article about TT.
      wait this story?
      http://articles.baltimoresun.com/199...-kevin-garnett

or this one??
      http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/nba-...t-timberwolves

Comment

So, he has refused 13 mill....anyone know what he actually wants? Haha. He's got the Cavs in a bind because of Love's current play/situation. Love can still walk end of season if he doesnt like whats happening. The offer to TT was also to retain him in case Love walks. Cannot believe someone offers him 13+ in rfa. I would try and trade for him.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          $13M with the cap going up is about $10-11M in the old system. And starting caliber bigs usually get paid well. He's still young too. Could definitely see him getting that much. Most teams though would offer 2 or 3 year contracts though for that much. Not 4 or 5 years. It's usually about contract length these days, not the amount.
          I wouldn't be surprised if it was length that he was turning down. I would expect him to sign a 2-year deal, and then try and re-up once the cap really increases.

Making it so I don't have to move this to the NBA Forum ... I would totally trade Amir or Pat for TT. I think TT still has a chance to be really good if given the right opportunity, and him beside JV would mean a protected Rim.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
            I wouldn't be surprised if it was length that he was turning down. I would expect him to sign a 2-year deal, and then try and re-up once the cap really increases.
            Yeah good point.. Risky though as he could lose out on some guaranteed money in case his play slips or if he gets injured.

Comment

Comment

Wow, I don't want him at $13 million per, or anything close to that lol.

#GetMillsap.
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I think he is either seeking a shorter contract, more money or he is waiting to be an unrestricted FA... He really goes off against us and I'm sure he wants to play in his hometown. And for those who say he can't play D... He is still young, I think it is really dumb to assume he won't become a better defender. I think him and JV in the paint, nobody is going in there.

Comment

Would it not be hilarious if there was some sort of conspiracy to bring all the Canadian talent to toronto (and yes, I realize c Kelly wrote a whole article on that today). If TT just takes a qualifying offer to become a UFA the next year, that would be a spooky omen. More likely just playing hardball though.

Comment

He's an upgrade to the ghost of Amir Johnson.

Comment

Ed Davis does everything TT does at half that price or less.

Comment

I love how this Canuck is delivering a Pimp slap to Cleveland's management. A Tear of Maple Syrup rolled down my eye in Happiness!! May you wear a pimp hat with a beaver tail sticking out, and a hockey stick as the pimp cane

Comment

The cavs offering him $13m to be a 6-7 man seems insane. Whether Love stay or leaves TT isn't worth that. But I'd really like him in this team regardless of where he's from. Rebounds like a man beast, doesn't need plays called for him, garbage man. A younger Amir who hasn't come close to being completely developed. I'd take be excited to get him but at no more then $8-9m which still sounds cra.zygote high. Big men get paid. Ultimately, anywhere but fucking Cleveland to be honest

Comment

I'd rather see Harris than Thimpson

Comment

Tristan didnt refuse 13M$/season. His representatives did. Apparently, they think they can earn more commission by holding out for more years OR more millions per year. Don't hate the player. Hate his agent.

Comment

Working...
                                X