Ed Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Davis

In my opinion Ed Davis was a great prospect at the 4, and one the Raptors very reluctantly gave up in the Rudy Gay trade. However at this point he is on an expiring deal playing decently with a terrible Laker team. Given our weakness in rebounding and shot blocking at the 4 position, can anyone offer their ruminations on whether Ed Davis should be a Raptor again and someone we should pursue soon?

NO.

Comment

brilliant analysis^ well put.

Comment

There isn't much upside to Eddy. While I love the guy, he is basically a poor man's Amir. If we let Tyler go, I wouldn't mind signing him but I'd rather us go after an actual backup C than him. We have a lot of size issues, and I don't think Ed would fix that.

Comment

He's really not that good. If he'd come in the summer to fill the Hansbrough role then sure, I can get on board with it.

Comment

Unless he develops some sort of super consistent jump shot from 20 feet... NO

Comment

No
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I'm over Ed. He's pretty much destined to be nothing more than a 9th or 10th man at best. Wish the guy the best, but he just doesn't bring enough intensity for me to want him back.

Comment

No
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Ed Davis

Yes... I like Ed. He knows the city, the players, the coach, the system and he's serviceable. His salary is cheap and it probably wouldn't take much at all.

The past is the past. Like JJ, I think he'd be a former player that can be productive for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      No
                      ^

Comment

ThePurpAndRed wrote: View Post
                        In my opinion Ed Davis is horrifying and should never be spoken about on this forum again
                        I hear ya buddy, and I agree 100%

Comment

The problem w/ Ed even when he was here was that he wasn't aggressive. He had a decent post game but he played a more finesse game. I remember he was labelled as the anti-Blake Griffin. He was on a roll before the Gay trade, and that Gay trade pretty much destroyed his career.

I would prefer going after Tristan Thompson, though he isn't a max contract player looool.

Comment

yea in the hansbrough role, he's fine but he hasn't done much to improve his game after his raptors stint.

Comment

Ed would have looked good behind Amir this year for a fraction of GV contract. NDC & ED would cost less and been more effective than GV, Steamer and TH. Would have left enough for Will Cherry, Whiteside or Jordan Hamilton too.

Comment

Working...
                              X